News:

PD.COM:  Mindlessly hitting the refresh button for weeks on end.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED Arizona Hilarity thread

Started by Requia ☣, April 22, 2010, 04:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adios

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 14, 2010, 04:26:52 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 14, 2010, 04:25:09 PM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 14, 2010, 04:22:25 PM
Quote from: Hawk on May 14, 2010, 04:20:34 PM
Maybe, just maybe, if Americans stopped buying so much Mexican dope then the country would stand a chance of developing more and with it the ability to create more jobs.

These bill make me sick to my stomach. I am having flashbacks to the prejudice the blacks had to overcome and here it comes again except pointed at brown people.

I'm waiting for misegnation laws and retroactive cancellation of amendment XIV, clause 1.

Fine. BUT DAMNED IF I PICK YOUR FUCKING CABBAGE.

You'll fight for the right to pick cabbage, and like it.

That may e accurate enough to be frightening.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Hawk on May 14, 2010, 04:20:34 PM
Maybe, just maybe, if Americans stopped buying so much Mexican dope then the country would stand a chance of developing more and with it the ability to create more jobs.

These bill make me sick to my stomach. I am having flashbacks to the prejudice the blacks had to overcome and here it comes again except pointed at brown people.

There's also the whole flooding Mexico with cheap US government subsidized corn thing, which put some 1.3 million Mexican farmers out of a job.

Guess where they went to find more work?
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Jenne

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 14, 2010, 04:27:38 PM
Quote from: Jenne on May 14, 2010, 02:50:28 PM
Yes, Trip.  And I'm sure you can realize it's the slippery slope of this law that's actually what galls and angers. 

What slippery slope?  This is 169% pure Jim Crow.

Slipping back INTO the Jim Crow era.  At state level, true, but how many states are eyeing this with a view to emulation now?  Too many.  It won't reach Federal level, and CA will be at the forefront to stopping it (hopefully, though our fucking Prop 8 law belies that, unfortunately).

In fact, I think it started, this fucking pendulum swing, with Prop 8 (fuck you UT-based Mormons and your $30m you infused into that campaign).

But this particular anti-immigrant shit always happens when the economy worsens.  It's just, this time, the fucking states are bankrupt all over the place, but instead of R&D investments to enrich their educational capital that leads to eventual rises in income ALL AROUND, they've taken the low road.

I spit.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Manabu on May 14, 2010, 03:36:37 AM
in fact, i was told when i came to AMURRRIKAH that you are required by law to carry a state id at all times anyways

so the bill doesn't really change anything

This is patently false.  I'm not saying no one ever told you that, but it has never been legally required to carry a state ID.  Not the least because there are no state IDs (some states are considering it, but AFAIK none of them have passed it yet.  Could be wrong though.)  What I think you're referring to is what is called a "driver's license," which is a state-issued certificate that allows you to operate a lethal weapon (motor vehicle) on public roads.  I'm pretty sure people with temp visas can get driver's licenses, which means that they are in no way a proof of citizenship.

but alas, this fact will be ignored by the masses, the CNNazis will continue their hateful tirade filled with conjecture, ignorance, and opinion, people will take it as fact, a conspiracy theory will be formulated, and AZ will ignore it all as we sit in our desolate hell of a state sipping on muddy water willed with e-coli and the tears of the desperate, and slowly dry-rot into the ground as the lizards feast on what was once a state that was filled with people who attempted to hope and in turn received no answer to their wanting beyond death...

So now they get both death and deportation?
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cait M. R.

Quote from: Satzanfang on May 15, 2010, 03:22:46 AM
in fact, i was told when i came to AMURRRIKAH that you are required by law to carry a state id at all times anyways

so the bill doesn't really change anything

This is patently false.  I'm not saying no one ever told you that, but it has never been legally required to carry a state ID.  Not the least because there are no state IDs (some states are considering it, but AFAIK none of them have passed it yet.  Could be wrong though.)  What I think you're referring to is what is called a "driver's license," which is a state-issued certificate that allows you to operate a lethal weapon (motor vehicle) on public roads.  I'm pretty sure people with temp visas can get driver's licenses, which means that they are in no way a proof of citizenship.

Yes there are. I have one in my wallet right now.

Jasper

Juana

I think Satzanfang meant ID you're required to carry. You can get a regular state ID but it's not required.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Vene

There are most definitely state IDs, and I don't mean driver's licenses. But, citizens are not required to carry them ever (and you're not issued one unless you ask, and I think pay a fee). It's not a bad idea to have it on you, but it's far from required.

Jasper

That was my impression as well, based on the research of some people I once went protesting with.  You're allowed to go about your business with no ID.  While wearing a mask, even.

Golden Applesauce

Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

A quick question for all of you US citizens:

How many of you carry your birth certificate (in combination with your State ID) or your passport everywhere you go?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 15, 2010, 11:57:19 PM

How many of you carry your birth certificate (in combination with your State ID) or your passport everywhere you go?

Hell no, never.

Only for Official Business™.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, I leave that shit safely filed at home, personally. Maybe I should start carrying it in my purse along with my Social Security card, amirite?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: The Lord and Lady Omnibus Fuck on May 15, 2010, 11:57:19 PM

What your forgetting is that all Latin Americans are immigrates. It's impossible for any of them to be born in the US.
Impossible.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante