News:

PD.com forums: a disorganized echo-chamber full of concordian, Greyfaced radical left-wing nutjobs who honestly believe they can take down imaginary Nazis by distributing flyers. They are highly-suspicious of all newcomers and hostile to almost everyone, including themselves. The only thing they don't take seriously is Discordianism.

Main Menu

Started by Freeky, December 16, 2009, 06:04:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeky

If you really feel like looking, here is a thingy I did. I am disappointed at how poorly it came out... :cry:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y153/Meiintas/Eris.jpg

Suu

I really like the effect on the hair!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Lies

What Suu said.

It's not bad, really. Keep it up.
- So the New World Order does not actually exist?
- Oh it exists, and how!
Ask the slaves whose labour built the White House;
Ask the slaves of today tied down to sweatshops and brothels to escape hunger;
Ask most women, second class citizens, in a pervasive rape culture;
Ask the non-human creatures who inhabit the planet:
whales, bears, frogs, tuna, bees, slaughtered farm animals;
Ask the natives of the Americas and Australia on whose land
you live today, on whose graves your factories, farms and neighbourhoods stand;
ask any of them this, ask them if the New World Order is true;
they'll tell you plainly: the New World Order... is you!

Shibboleet The Annihilator

I've seen worse, keep at it.

Jenne

Freeky

It's a very good concept, I really like the line work on it. It reminds me slightly of some of the classic Japanese art. Very nice colours. Keep it up!

Nast

Yes, the darkness and lightness of the lines and the negative space does make it look calligraphic. You can take that style into a very interesting direction!
"If I owned Goodwill, no charity worker would feel safe.  I would sit in my office behind a massive pile of cocaine, racking my pistol's slide every time the cleaning lady came near.  Auditors, I'd just shoot."

Wondering Monk

what medium is it done in?

also: i know people have already said this but i like the hair, would be interested to know how you produced that effect?

It looks like it was done digitally, but I can't be too sure about that. Whatever it is, I really like the texture.

Wondering Monk

agreed, although the outlines look like ink?

Triple Zero

in GIMP, there is the Filters>Noise>Pick filter, if you apply that on a gradient, you would probably get an effect like that. perhaps to a series of pick/blur/pick/blur/pick steps.

the outlines seem to be done with a drawing tablet, with pressure sensitivity set to opacity.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Wondering Monk

oh i can see that.

*boots up gimp to try and imitate the hair effect*

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I like the concept. Keep working it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

It was Corel Painter 11, and with a mouse. The lines were done with the Inking tool, and also Real Brush tools. The hair I used a lot of the special FX tools, like Hurricane in particular, to get it all mixed up like that, which I originally just did using the Real Brush paint settings and doing a bunch of lines. For those who wanted to know...

Thanks everyone! :D