News:

PD.com: children are filled with joy, adults are filled with dread and local government is filled with stupid

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: 50 Shades of Chronic Liver Disease

Started by East Coast Hustle, March 13, 2014, 10:34:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Science is proving my hypothesis wrong.

I'm not strongly attached to said hypothesis, so I'm mostly amused by this outcome, as it means I'm writing a somewhat different research study from the one I expected.  Also, not all the data has been compiled yet.  But so far, three out of three times, the group I expected to be underrepresented in the literature has actually been overrepresented, when compared with my control group.

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on April 16, 2014, 08:11:42 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 15, 2014, 07:00:04 PM
Welcome to the world of, "There's an error, but we won't tell you what it is."

"...but you can almost certainly fix it painlessly after a quick Google search"

Problem: I cannot connect to Google.

EK WAFFLR

Note to self: the Russian heat rub I bought is not for WaffleGF.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 16, 2014, 11:26:15 PM

WaffleGF is not serious about having a good time.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 11:26:58 PM

Oh she tried it. It just ended in 30 minutes of crying and wet towels, some of which had spent time in the freezer.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 16, 2014, 11:29:34 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 16, 2014, 11:26:58 PM

Oh she tried it. It just ended in 30 minutes of crying and wet towels, some of which had spent time in the freezer.

Oh.

Was she crying, or were you?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

She was. I use it when working out, and the burn is almost unbearable. She wanted to try it. It did not end well.

She's ok now, though.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Oberinspektor Derrick on April 16, 2014, 11:34:55 PM
She was. I use it when working out, and the burn is almost unbearable. She wanted to try it. It did not end well.

She's ok now, though.

It could be worse.  She could be here.

My wife is in the other room, watching TV.  In the past half hour, there have been THREE anti-Obamacare commercials run by various Koch Bros mouthpieces, all of which featured grandmother-types speaking in worried voices, or even more cynically, hispanic people with impossibly thick accents.

And this is about the normal number of these fucking things.  One every TEN MINUTES.  WaffleGF would be DEMANDING the hot cream shit.  Then she'd kick a hole in the TV set and fuck it to death with one of Nigel's horribly deformed dildos.  I know this, because I've been to Europe and I know you bastards don't put up with this kind of shit without burning half of Germany down in response.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I have 45 minutes in which to take a shower, do homework, and theoretically, eat some dinner, before going to my next class. I don't feel rock solid about any one of those things, let alone all three.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Batting a thousand on the Obamacare commercials, here.  I want to stomp on something.  FFS.

LMNO

Quote from: Nigel on April 16, 2014, 11:54:42 PM
I have 45 minutes in which to take a shower, do homework, and theoretically, eat some dinner, before going to my next class. I don't feel rock solid about any one of those things, let alone all three.
Skip the shower. Smell sexy.

The Good Reverend Roger

RIGHT ON THE MINUTE, the Hispanic one again.

I hate these bastards like they were Hitler's personal fuckrag.

The Good Reverend Roger

I am just going to start measuring time in anti-ACA commercials.  6 commercials = 1 hour.  144 commercials = 1 day.

25920 commercials until the election.

I hate you all.

Edit for math error.

Edit because it occurs to me that I've apparently started talking to myself, so fuck it.

The Good Reverend Roger

The above isn't bitching at other people.  It's me realizing that I'm posting just as people leave.

And I'm talking to myself again.

I need to get out of here.

Cain

Well, I just got back from crunching my new data-set.

It didn't help.  Same conclusion, just more accurate.

On the plus side, I'm changing the focus of my research onto "why do researchers, with 20 bajillion attacks by 50 bajillion groups in the START database, still only talk about the IRA, ETA, PKK and Palestinian groups?  Is it because they are lazy fucks?  Maybe, maybe not, but it would be irresponsible not to speculate on why only THE SAME 14 GROUPS out of 202 with a similar ideology ever get any airtime."