News:

I live in the Promised Land, except the Chosen People are all trying to get out. 

Main Menu

Chasing Eris

Started by Placid Dingo, June 29, 2012, 11:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:54:56 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:49:32 PM
Quote from: popeluvicasksc on November 26, 2013, 05:47:03 PM
Well, I'm sorry that my lighthearted and comical comment has for some reason offended you. I really am not anyone's alt. Even if these two have known one another for years it doesn't make it any less humorous. It's all in good fun.

So, walking into a bitter and extremely angry argument between people you don't know and being "comical" is your idea of "smart"?

And doing so for "fun", when the participants are obviously upset?

Well fucking done, sir.  Well fucking done.  You're a moron AND a sociopath.

Actually, I found it most entertaining how a thread that had been started because someone wanted to travel and interview other Discordians for the purposes of writing a book was gradually turned into a massive shit storm. I found it rather discordian and the irony amused me. No offense was intended.

Dude, just stop talking and go to another thread.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Pæs on November 26, 2013, 08:53:54 AM
I'm basically already committed to WOMPing his head onto TERRIBLE THINGS, hosting them somewhere and then making sure that's the first thing that comes up when you Google "Chasing Eris".

I mean, I don't especially dislike the guy, it just seems appropriate.

I don't especially dislike him either. I'm just hugely disappointed in how what should have been such a promising project seems to have turned out.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

LMNO

Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 26, 2013, 07:06:59 PM
Quote from: Pæs on November 26, 2013, 08:53:54 AM
I'm basically already committed to WOMPing his head onto TERRIBLE THINGS, hosting them somewhere and then making sure that's the first thing that comes up when you Google "Chasing Eris".

I mean, I don't especially dislike the guy, it just seems appropriate.

I don't especially dislike him either. I'm just hugely disappointed in how what should have been such a promising project seems to have turned out.

Ditto on this.  Though his attitude during all this has become rather distasteful to me.

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Faust on November 26, 2013, 09:43:43 AM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 26, 2013, 07:14:08 AM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 26, 2013, 01:11:10 AM
Quote from: Jet City Hustle on November 25, 2013, 10:26:20 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 22, 2013, 12:45:49 AM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 21, 2013, 11:21:39 PM
Quote from: Placid Dingo on November 17, 2012, 02:06:34 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 17, 2012, 12:37:18 AM
Dingo's recent actions positively REEK of Captain Utopia. Especially the part where he thinks he's being reasonable in spite of it being totally obvious to everyone else how utterly fucked up his words and actions are.

Dingo, there's no reason for me to ban you from PD (personal feelings aside) but I will have to absolutely insist that the Chasing Eris project and any future projects you might look to publish are not in any way connected to PD.com. I don't even want this site, any of the content in this site, or any of the usernames on this site mentioned at all, not even in passing.

Post seen.

Also, bump.

Talk to ECH re: this. I have contacted him regarding concerns, and he has said he will get back to me.

I'm not sure when or how you contacted me and what you're waiting for me to get back to you on. I already made my wishes clear.

Facebook messages 18/11/2012 (or 19th depending on how tomezones affect message date stamps), my message and your reply.
If you wish I can bump the conversation for you, or if you like I can disregard it and understand that the quote in this thread remains your full and only position.

You are correct, and I completely forgot about it. But I feel exactly how LMNO described a few pages back, so I'm not feeling all that charitable about it. I'd really prefer if PD.com was left out of the book.

I'd make an exception:
This is a repository of every Discordian material I can get my hands on, nothing there is for sale, it's all hosted here and I want to include this in it.
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/readinglist.php

I'm down with that. Like I said, I'm not feeling charitable but I'm also not feeling petty.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

hooplala

Well, I'm sorry that my lighthearted and comical comment has for some reason offended you. I really am not anyone's alt. Even if these two have known one another for years it doesn't make it any less humorous. It's all in good fun.

So, walking into a bitter and extremely angry argument between people you don't know and being "comical" is your idea of "smart"?

Actually, I found it most entertaining how a thread that had been started because someone wanted to travel and interview other Discordians for the purposes of writing a book was gradually turned into a massive shit storm. I found it rather discordian and the irony amused me. No offense was intended.

NEWS FLASH:  Discordians must NEVER argue amongst themselves, or else they aren't getting the irony!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Faust

Quote from: Rex Bologna on November 26, 2013, 10:54:20 PM

NEWS FLASH:  Discordians must NEVER argue amongst themselves, or else they aren't getting the irony!

Discordians must never pass judgement on Discordians who argue amongst themselves. They too aren't getting the irony.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on November 26, 2013, 11:37:45 PM

Discordians must never pass judgement on Discordians who argue amongst themselves. They too aren't getting the irony.

Fuck irony.  It's the lowest form of humor, the only evidence of which I need offer is that it's the ONLY kind hipsters get.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 12:43:28 AM

Fuck irony.  It's the lowest form of humor, the only evidence of which I need offer is that it's the ONLY kind hipsters get.

Hipsters are my favorite animal!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 27, 2013, 01:14:38 AM

Nigel makes hipster burgers every Friday, and then complains that all the tall bikes are empty.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 01:15:21 AM
Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 27, 2013, 01:14:38 AM

Nigel makes hipster burgers every Friday, and then complains that all the tall bikes are empty.

Tall bikes go in the river. It's the natural order of things.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Radagast's Red Velvet Pancake Puppies on November 27, 2013, 02:00:59 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 01:15:21 AM

Tall bikes go in the river. It's the natural order of things.

Or on the bridge, where it will be blamed on suicide. 

But we aren't fooled.  No.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I'm just doing my part.

Faust

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 27, 2013, 12:43:28 AM

Baloney, Hipsters base themselves on obvious irony but are completely incapable of perceiving layered irony.
Irony gets a bad wrap because it gets mixed up with negativity and aloofness. Which has not been ironic in some years because everyone is doing it
Being passionate and genuine is the new irony.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:27:22 PM
Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on November 26, 2013, 10:54:06 AM
Dingo was here in the UK with Purpleris and I a couple weeks ago. I'm sure we discussed PD.com in our interviews, both because that's how we met and because I went on a long rant about how wrong I was in my initial observations on BiP and some other stuff. I personally think its absurd to request that the website not be mentioned when some (but not all) of the Discordians interviewed know each other because of this forum and it plays a part in their life directly related to the topic being discussed.

Also, having met Dingo and talked about this entire mess... well I'm sorry some of you decided not to be involved, because thus far, its looking like lots of good material from many Discordians, Discordian history and Discordian groups... Based on what I know at this point, it looks like IF RL gets mentioned, it would be in a small email interview that's pretty much nothing. Fears that it would somehow taint everyone else seem, to me, absurd. I was impressed with Dingo and with some of the material I looked at. It may well end up being a damned good snapshot of Discordia in the 21st century and I'm sorry that some rather smart and cool Discordians chose not to participate.

Yeah, fuck off.

Oh for fucks sake, man. I'm not trying to say you are wrong. I'm just sorry it ended up the way it did.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on November 26, 2013, 05:28:07 PM
Quote from: Mrs. Nigelson on November 26, 2013, 05:07:43 PM
Also, fuck the whole obsession with "Discordian history" I mean WTF who cares? Oooo somebody once shook hands with Bob!

Thing is, Discordianism isn't about yesterday.

That's right. But we all stand on the shoulders of the madmen who came before. 
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson