News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

POSTERGASM

Started by Cramulus, January 19, 2008, 05:23:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Professor Cramulus on February 21, 2008, 01:52:16 PM
Quote from: bringdownthesystem on February 21, 2008, 06:40:46 AM
Yes I would like that account, and the link to the PDF was http://mihd.net/qulkmi and I believe that download is in PDF format, so that'd be cool if you want to put it on Vex's.

Oh, and guys...gotta say:
I went on my first POSTERGASM outing tonight (12:38 so most things closed) lol, it was VERY fun. I took pictures on my shitty cell phone, so if I DO get them up their not great. However it was hilarious, we hit a couple church's, blockbuster, hospital, 2 gas station pumps(which works good for long reads), a library, THE FUCKING COURTHOUSE DOOR lol...ummm the Bowling Alley, Burger King Drive through on a thing above the speaker....and last but not least we put up our favorite "Now that you've read this I'll follow you home"...and we put it on the Wal-Mart missing children glass cover of those bulletins. Classic.

I used some from Mine I just recently made (adding more to them as I think..) and then some from the one's you all have listed on the wiki.

RAWK ON, man. Never thought of gas pumps for the longer pieces, either. Good call.

I've done some covert spying on people reading posters, and I've found that unless they're a captive audience, they're not going to finish the longer (Roger) rants.

How far do you think they get?

What do you mean by "captive audience"? Stuck on public transportation, type of deal?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Cramulus

Quote from: Netaungrot on February 27, 2008, 07:42:26 PM
Quote from: bringdownthesystem on February 27, 2008, 07:29:50 PM
Ah...it seems that someone...yeah, someone...decided to go on a drunken spree? They ripped all the posters out of the local post office, and put up postergasm stuff, the post office plaque picture things are all down the street, it seems these unnamed people also took newspapers off the step of a local stores front and spread them down and around the street and placed meme bombs in many mailboxes...

Is that a federal offense for those unnamed persons? as well as a curfew thing at 1 in da morning?

Regardless of the law, associating the posters with unthinking vandalism seems kinda counterproductive.

I agree with Net here. I don't see what it accomplishes to take down other people's stuff. It just identifies the person who put the flyers up as a vandal. also, better to stuff meme bombs inside newspapers than to trash the newspapers alltogether.

bringdownthesystem

I don't know. I would say the paper's are useless propaganda from the mass media here anyways. And the post office is the closest representative building of federal stuff...associated with that country and gov. that I do not support. Granted the vandalism was not thought through...not the best idea, realize that now...was fun though?

Triple Zero

Quote from: bringdownthesystem on February 27, 2008, 11:55:16 PMwas fun though?

since you just reached 50, i'll just answer you:

No. You sir, are an unthinking idiot. If you associate discordian memes with vandalism, your actions are working against us, not with us.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cainad (dec.)

Vandalism is as old as the things being vandalized. It has not brought down the institutions that oppress, and it does not open up people's minds.

People want their newspapers, and they want a working postal system. They want their general surroundings to not look like shit. In a war of images, the System WILL win. It has the home field advantage, not to mention better teamwork.

That is why Operation: Mindfuck is about mindfucking. We are not attacking the System itself, or its image. POSTERGASM memebombs are direct shots at the people that normally defend the system: uncritical, complacent minds.

bringdownthesystem

I get what everyone is saying, and I do agree. I didn't mean to associate unthinking vandalism with the true goals of waking people up so to speak. I hope I don't get in trouble later as I put up signs around town...basically I should have thought it through a bit more, unlike me, but also unlike me to drink and then go running around. I'll be more careful, in a still chaotic way. And I can't deny the fun factor though, tis was great,  but I see where the problem came in, should have just posted and left. Even placing the plaques on the floor would be fine, but not taking em away completely.
Small changes+many acts and many people= overlapping big project of mindfucked.

Triple Zero

okay, you seem to get it :) that's great :)

other thing, fred remarked yesterday in the chat, don't most post offices have cameras running 24/7 ?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

bringdownthesystem

small crappy redneck town...I hope not. :oops:

Cramulus

On the way to work this morning I was looking out the train window, and there was this really beautiful bridge that ran over a brook. A really pretty scene. And there was a sign on the side of the bridge which said "NO GRAFFITI" (this was, of course, vandalized -but that's besides the point) And I thought to myself - isn't this sign itself graffiti?

It's spoiling the beauty of this scene, but it's somehow legitimate.

I think I'm gonna make some ironic posters like "DO NOT HANG SIGNS ON THIS WALL"

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

My daughter has a sign on her door that says "Post No Bills". It's her favorite, for obvious reasons.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

bringdownthesystem

I like it Cram...make it if you think about it. But yes really, it's like " No one can befoul nature besides those with authority...which is only us because we're the state and above god?"

The Littlest Ubermensch

Somewhat related question: how do I make my printer at home print without margins? I have a few posters I've made a .doc of (for a GASM-ish mission, more on that later), but they look all wrong with margins. And if I can't do that with a regular home laser printer, I'd imagine I could do something like that at Kinkos, right?

One of the posters, to show of my WOMW skillz
[witticism/philosophical insight/nifty quote to prove my intelligence to the forum]

LISTEN TO MY SHOW THURSDAY 5-7 EST

THEN GO TO MY MYSPACE

Iron Sulfide

i gots camera, will join soon.
Ya' stupid Yank.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: The Littlest Ubermensch on March 09, 2008, 05:34:31 PM
Somewhat related question: how do I make my printer at home print without margins? I have a few posters I've made a .doc of (for a GASM-ish mission, more on that later), but they look all wrong with margins. And if I can't do that with a regular home laser printer, I'd imagine I could do something like that at Kinkos, right?

One of the posters, to show of my WOMW skillz

the printers at kinkos will put on about 1/8" margin. if you want to print the copy out to full bleed (right up to the grey edge) i would recommend either fitting the document to print within the 8.5x11 margins and cutting it or printing the document centered on 11x17" and cutting it. kinkos have a cutter that will cut a whole stack of paper.  it comes out to 1.50/cut and i think for a full color 11x17 on laser paper it comes to around 2 bucks per print.  if you perfer to fit the document to print on 8.5x11 kinkos is running a 49 cent color copy special.