News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: it rubs the lotion on the skin or it gets the hose again

Started by Salty, February 02, 2014, 03:49:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on March 13, 2014, 06:45:30 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 13, 2014, 06:32:41 PM
Quote from: Faust on March 13, 2014, 06:29:53 PM
Just hang in there ok, the friends thing will sort itself out. And work is NOT as important as your health. Not in the least.

I know.  But I tried to get fired, and I got promoted.

I am becoming discouraged.
That wouldn't have happened if you hadn't been competent and putting an importance on work.

I still think I can get fired.  Can't be "for cause", though, which makes it a bit of a challenge.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

In any case, I have some decisions to make, and a meeting to attend.

I shall make said decisions while listening to Mike the Engineer jabber meaningless bullshit.  It's sort of like having an audio Zen garden. 

Then I'll come back and probably make a complete arse out of myself.  I'm okay with that.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Today is so god damn exciting I could just shit my spleen in glee.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 13, 2014, 07:43:56 PM
Today is so god damn exciting I could just shit my spleen in glee.

Details, before I head off to the meeting from hell?

My boss won't fix the broken fucking computer at work, the one that runs the register. His solution is for me to get everyone's credit card number, expiration date, and CCV code from their credit card and write down the order to charge it later.

I laughed and laughed because no one is that stupid.

I was right. :P Now he's fixing it because it's costing him money. It wasn't a problem when rebooting the damn thing over and over kept the closers at work an extra hour and a half.

Today he's pissy because he got pulled over for texting while driving and got a ticket. It was a text from his girlfriend that he was replying to. He told me he cussed her out for texting and he told her he's going to break up with her unless she pays the ticket.

I laughed and laughed because I bet she is that stupid.

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

And apparently trash day means "dump all the trash in the street and let the wind take care of it".

Tee-hee.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 13, 2014, 07:59:20 PM
My boss won't fix the broken fucking computer at work, the one that runs the register.

Very nice, very nice...

QuoteHis solution is for me to get everyone's credit card number, expiration date, and CCV code from their credit card and write down the order to charge it later.

Shaping up nicely...

QuoteI laughed and laughed because no one is that stupid.

You would be astounded.

QuoteI was right. :P Now he's fixing it because it's costing him money. It wasn't a problem when rebooting the damn thing over and over kept the closers at work an extra hour and a half.

Today he's pissy because he got pulled over for texting while driving and got a ticket. It was a text from his girlfriend that he was replying to. He told me he cussed her out for texting and he told her he's going to break up with her unless she pays the ticket.

Approaching perfection...

QuoteI laughed and laughed because I bet she is that stupid.

She's dating him now, right?

Yes indeed. Yes indeed.

Also, one of my regulars is trying to convince me to quit my job because "I'm just a girl." and I close four nights a week. No woman should be doing that sort of thing. It's dangerous. Even a man can be taken down if someone gets the jump on him so a woman is just dead meat walking.

People make me want to scream, lately.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 13, 2014, 09:22:24 PM
Yes indeed. Yes indeed.

Also, one of my regulars is trying to convince me to quit my job because "I'm just a girl." and I close four nights a week. No woman should be doing that sort of thing. It's dangerous. Even a man can be taken down if someone gets the jump on him so a woman is just dead meat walking.

You watch that bastard.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 13, 2014, 09:30:40 PM
Yes indeed. Yes indeed.

You watch that bastard.

He is a HUGE guy. Taller than me (I'm six feet tall), twice as wide (I ain't small). And he's a barber. O.O
But really, anyone who comes in and starts telling me what to do because I'm just a girl and shouldn't be doing what I'm doing . . .

It worries me, somewhat.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cardinal Pizza Deliverance. on March 13, 2014, 09:33:27 PM
Yes indeed. Yes indeed.

You watch that bastard.

He is a HUGE guy. Taller than me (I'm six feet tall), twice as wide (I ain't small). And he's a barber. O.O
But really, anyone who comes in and starts telling me what to do because I'm just a girl and shouldn't be doing what I'm doing . . .

It worries me, somewhat.

Seen that before.  Might not be the case, but a certain type of person will justify things by saying "well, I WARNED the person".  And because you're a GIRL and DIDN'T LISTEN, guess what?  DESERVED IT.

Not saying it's the case here, just saying it's not unheard of.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 13, 2014, 09:34:53 PM
Yes indeed. Yes indeed.

You watch that bastard.

It worries me, somewhat.

Seen that before.  Might not be the case, but a certain type of person will justify things by saying "well, I WARNED the person".  And because you're a GIRL and DIDN'T LISTEN, guess what?  DESERVED IT.

I'm familiar with the type. Most of the men in my family are that type.

I have noticed a dramatic upswing in people TELLING ME WHAT lately. The last six months or so, I would say. Men, women, even kids. Last week a little kid said "If you eat pork, God gives you the fire." when he saw we sold bacon. He was very concerned for me.

Sir Squid Diddimus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 13, 2014, 09:34:53 PM
Yes indeed. Yes indeed.

You watch that bastard.

It worries me, somewhat.

All of this fills me with rage. So much tiny, tiny rage.

I think my goal in life is to find a job I can do that involves me interacting WITH NO ONE.

East Coast Hustle

Well, it wouldn't be PD without the annual "a bunch of people fuck off for awhile in a fit of butthurt", would it?

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"