Open Bar: We hacked the DNC and all we got are these lousy emails

Started by Eater of Clowns, August 11, 2016, 12:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 23, 2016, 08:24:21 PM
And apparently Julian Assange is turning the baleful eye of Truth and Journalistic Heroism on Gays in Saudi Arabia.

As in, he's outing Gays.  IN SAUDI ARABIA.

I'm sure they'll take an enlightened view and enforce the law accordingly.

Seriously though, what the fuck?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Assange has jumped off the slippery slope from merely questionable to outright nihilistic lack of interest in the people he hurts.

Lets not forget he has also in the last 2 months:

- almost certainly been a useful idiot in a Russian intelligence operation
- published banking and credit card information of voters who donated to the Democrats
- published basic information on all registered female voters in Turkey
- hosted malware on Wikileaks
- implied a DNC official was murdered because he was passing on information to him, before quickly backing away from said statement
- made a weird, quasi anti-Semitic tweet before quickly deleting it

All of this comes back to basic vetting of the information he gets.  It seems unless someone holds his hand and walks him through the problems, he won't even bother to fix them (like the malware....he removed the logs pointed out to him, but left hosted duplicates and other files in place).

And now he's vowing to bring Hillary down.  And despite information on Trump being hacked, he has not seen fit to publish it (the DNC oppo research on Trump, for example).  And he's picking bizarre fights on Twitter with Snowden.

Come 2017, I fully expect to find him naked, fighting a swan.

Junkenstein

It seems that asylum may have finally made him snap, or is at least on the way to making that occur. Hasn't this kind of behaviour been cropping up for a while now beyond that? I sure he's been on the crazy end of the scale since the start of the year or so at least.

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2016, 09:36:30 PM
Assange has jumped off the slippery slope from merely questionable to outright nihilistic lack of interest in the people he hurts.

Lets not forget he has also in the last 2 months:

- almost certainly been a useful idiot in a Russian intelligence operation
- published banking and credit card information of voters who donated to the Democrats
- published basic information on all registered female voters in Turkey
- hosted malware on Wikileaks
- implied a DNC official was murdered because he was passing on information to him, before quickly backing away from said statement
- made a weird, quasi anti-Semitic tweet before quickly deleting it

All of this comes back to basic vetting of the information he gets.  It seems unless someone holds his hand and walks him through the problems, he won't even bother to fix them (like the malware....he removed the logs pointed out to him, but left hosted duplicates and other files in place).

And now he's vowing to bring Hillary down.  And despite information on Trump being hacked, he has not seen fit to publish it (the DNC oppo research on Trump, for example).  And he's picking bizarre fights on Twitter with Snowden.

Come 2017, I fully expect to find him naked, fighting a swan.

He's a cunt.  Can't the UK send MI6 around to have him slip in the tub a few times?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Assange has been a narcissistic son of a bitch since day one.  But since he appeared to be doing more good than damage...

And true Roger, it makes me question what kind of an empire we are these days.  Back in the day, we'd send a couple of likely lads on loan from the SAS, stick a knife in his ribs and be done.  Then again, the last time MI6 tried a major covert operation they were caught by Libyan farmers, so maybe it's best we outsource this to the CIA...

Junkenstein

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 23, 2016, 09:59:04 PM
Assange has been a narcissistic son of a bitch since day one.  But since he appeared to be doing more good than damage...

And true Roger, it makes me question what kind of an empire we are these days.  Back in the day, we'd send a couple of likely lads on loan from the SAS, stick a knife in his ribs and be done.  Then again, the last time MI6 tried a major covert operation they were caught by Libyan farmers, so maybe it's best we outsource this to the CIA...

They'd whack the King of Denmark by mistake.

If only there were a competent intel agency on our side.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

minuspace

Quote from: Junkenstein on August 23, 2016, 09:44:36 PM
It seems that asylum may have finally made him snap, or is at least on the way to making that occur. Hasn't this kind of behaviour been cropping up for a while now beyond that? I sure he's been on the crazy end of the scale since the start of the year or so at least.
Perhaps the "whack-job" worked-out after all.  Without the normalizing effect of extraneous human contact, in asylum, it may be easier to surgically erode someone's sanity.

Sung Low

The natives of this city (wot I do live in) are unaware of just how goddamn tolerant I have been. 36 years spent on this planet, in this city.

!10'000 gallons of love, 10'000 tons of hate.

Gasoline, a lighter, a match.

I chose not to.
The d key has chosen to absent itself

Cain

The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

This is this generation's Two Tribes.

Though I'd pay good money for a music video where Hillary Clinton suplexes Putin.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Cain on August 24, 2016, 04:56:41 PM
This is the greatest thing I have seen all week:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NUC2EQvdzmY

Been listening to this track lately. "Flame your crew quicker than Trump fucks his youngest," is a nice reminder of how fucking fast hip hop turnaround is.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

LMNO

Oh, yeah.  Run The Jewels is pretty amazing. I even tend to overlook El-P's tough-guy misogyny/homophobia because of his talent.

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: LMNO on August 24, 2016, 06:37:57 PM
Oh, yeah.  Run The Jewels is pretty amazing. I even tend to overlook El-P's tough-guy misogyny/homophobia because of his talent.

I put them on a Pandora station out of curiosity recently. It's gold. Atmosphere, Aesop Rock, MF Doom, old Wu-Tang. Finding some good new stuff on there as well.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.