News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

OPEN BAR: Top 10 things millenials hate about OB that we didn't know last week!

Started by Doktor Howl, April 23, 2015, 04:00:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 04, 2015, 09:20:59 PM
I learned how to make Mexican chorizo.

Nowm what the hell do I do with two pounds of Mexican chorizo?

YOU COME TO MY HOUSE TOMORROW AND WE EAT DELICIOUS TACOS, THAT'S WHAT.

Freeky

Quote from: Cain on May 03, 2015, 01:42:37 AM
The TV show Firefly shows a hatred of women that some people find disturbing and scary

What?

I don't even... what?

Cain

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 04, 2015, 09:50:14 PM
Spanish is usually dried and cured, and sliced into delectable rounds.

Mexican is usually not cured, crumbles easily, and has more of a firey bite.

Crumbes easily eh?  Calzone would be a good bet.  I know, it's Italian, but their sausages also tend to crumble quite easily.  In fact, you could do any number of Italian dishes if you wanted...the firey bite will likely make them a little more exciting than traditional Italian flair too.

Plus if anyone asks, you can tell them the fusion of Italian and Mexican food is called a spaghetti western.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Freeky

Doktor Howl

What I learned on the interbutts today:

If protestors link arms while they march, the police can and should beat the fuck out of them, because that's a major red flag.

Apparently, there are Soviet human wave attacks in Seattle.  The police had no choice.
Molon Lube

Cain

Naturally.  The Constitution only says you have the right to bear arms.  Linking them is a hostile act.  What if those linked arms make a WMD?  That's an act of war against America, then.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 04, 2015, 06:41:23 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 04, 2015, 06:35:23 PM
It looks like the Peru trip is a go.

The only downside to this is it means I have to take physics in a three-week condensed class.

Woot!

What level of physics?  What's the class number?

Oh it's just 201, the "so you wanna be a science major?" class that everyone has to take.

I originally planned on taking the whole series, buuuut there's only so much schooling I can talk other people into paying for. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I just checked my email. I got invited to Phi Kappa Phi, and the student newspaper wants to interview me.

Whut whut!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 05, 2015, 12:06:26 AM
I just checked my email. I got invited to Phi Kappa Phi, and the student newspaper wants to interview me.

Whut whut!

:banana:
Molon Lube

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 05, 2015, 12:06:26 AM

Whut whut!

Well, if you're gonna cram that, you have an otherwise light schedule?
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2015, 12:07:43 AM

Yeah, in fact, other than the three weeks of jamming physics into my head all I have scheduled is an online psychology class.

That's IT. For the whole term. And I will be starting my project in the lab. Time to start coming up with catchy titles for my paper! "The Effect of Maternal Gestational Glucocortisoids on Seasonal Neurogenesis in Juvenile Thamnopheris Sirtalis Parietalis"? Something that rolls off the tongue like that.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 05, 2015, 12:30:33 AM

Yeah, in fact, other than the three weeks of jamming physics into my head all I have scheduled is an online psychology class.

That's IT. For the whole term. And I will be starting my project in the lab. Time to start coming up with catchy titles for my paper! "The Effect of Maternal Gestational Glucocortisoids on Seasonal Neurogenesis in Juvenile Thamnopheris Sirtalis Parietalis"? Something that rolls off the tongue like that.

This makes me feel dumb.

But it occurs to me that I'm pretty, so it's okay.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 05, 2015, 12:43:32 AM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 05, 2015, 12:30:33 AM

This makes me feel dumb.

But it occurs to me that I'm pretty, so it's okay.

:lol:

It's a special language that makes sense to maybe fifteen people.

The realities of science, though, is that we spend a lot of time putting slides into clear liquid for specific amounts of time, and then taking them out again.

Doktor Howl

Well, Halloween will be one year as an atheist.

Then I imagine I'll go back to deism, for personal preference reasons.
Molon Lube