News:

Hand drawn by monkeys in sweat-shop conditions.

Main Menu

2012GASM

Started by Epimetheus, February 17, 2008, 11:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rococo Modem Basilisk

What about sending postcards to mental institution residents at random with no return address and "2012" written as the only words? Or 2012 and an eye?

Then later move on to people out of the phone book?

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Eve

With little means to research what exactly the big deal about 2012 is, I'd think in-patients wouldn't care much.
Emotionally crippled narcissist.

Rococo Modem Basilisk

I figure a statistically significant number might be in specifically *because* of their 2012 research :P.

In any case, it's bound to creep people out enough to cause a stir.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Enki-][ on October 20, 2008, 02:01:14 AM
What about sending postcards to mental institution residents at random with no return address and "2012" written as the only words? Or 2012 and an eye?

I can't be the only person who thinks mindfucking the MENTALLY ILL is not actually cool at all, and is fact quite lame and assholish.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: Nigel on November 24, 2008, 04:40:50 PM

I can't be the only person who thinks mindfucking the MENTALLY ILL is not actually cool at all, and is fact quite lame and assholish.

Agreed.

I've been working 2012 into other things I've been doing.  Getting the campus to believe that there's an underground cult on campus - awesome.  Getting the campus to believe that there's an apocalyptic cult on campus - more awesome.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Nigel on November 24, 2008, 04:40:50 PM

But Nigel! Don't you know that mentally ill people are actually just silly versions of normal people who do weird things for our amusement?

Oh, wait... no they're not. Mindfucking them is definitely uncool.

On the other hand, mindfucking loons like, say, Wiolawa is 100% mittens and win.

Triple Zero

actually, when i'm perfectly honest i did feel a hint of remorse when playing at the freethinker's place. i mean, those people didnt seem to be your average internet retards, but quite a few displayed symptoms of actual semi-psychotic paranoid delusions, the actually mentally-ill variant. of course, I'm not a doctor, and i figured that somehow them already being on the internet, and just poking some fun at them would be the worst that would happen, in that particular case it was kinda okay.

either way, what nigel said. freaking out the mentally ill is uncool.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Triple Zero on February 17, 2008, 11:21:12 PM
well, i was saving up some Eschatons, i was planning to Immanentize at that date.
:lulz:
ya know it's posts like this that make me feel better about actually starting to read this nonlinear trainwreck.  i shall proceed in lulz.

Sheered Völva

Quote from: The Mormons Will Begin Arriving By Bus on November 24, 2008, 04:40:50 PM

"The mentally ill should be mindfucking us." Omar Khayyam Ravenhurst

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Now that the thread has been all necromanced up, I should say in my defense that I was just planning on sending postcards with memebombs to my gf who just happens to be locked up in an asylum atm. However, she dumped me, so I guess that's no longer in the cards.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Enki-][ on February 09, 2009, 02:13:21 PM
Now that the thread has been all necromanced up, I should say in my defense that I was just planning on sending postcards with memebombs to my gf who just happens to be locked up in an asylum atm. However, she dumped me, so I guess that's no longer in the cards.

That's not what you said,  though.

Quote from: Enki-][ on October 20, 2008, 12:18:35 PM
I figure a statistically significant number might be in specifically *because* of their 2012 research :P.

In any case, it's bound to creep people out enough to cause a stir.

I call bullshit on the new excuse.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Right. You guys don't have girlfriends there, though, as far as I know :P. I can't really suggest that you send them to girlfriends in asylums who you don't have.

fomenter

sending pre addressed, postage payed postcards for asylum inmates to write on and mail out might be funny, but you couldn't see the results...
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

the last yatto

its more like those at an asylums dont have much outside contact
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Rococo Modem Basilisk

Doesn't work, though. There are sanctions against keeping stamps. Liz thought it was because they could be used to smuggle in drugs.

There doesn't seem to be any real limit to how much mail one can send out, from there. I think they pay for it all anyway. That said, that's probably just Liz's situation -- I can imagine situations when it wouldn't be a good idea to let a mental patient send mail.