News:

News:  0 1 1 2 3 5 8 13 21 34 55 89 144 233 377 610 987 1597 2584 4181 6765 10946 17711 28657, motherfuckers.

Main Menu

Swingers

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, May 24, 2015, 11:42:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, I think it's basically another version of "I MUST SHAME ALL THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T DOING IT JUST LIKE ME, IN ORDER TO VALIDATE MY WAY AND INVALIDATE THEIR WAY".

IME it tends to be an expression of insecurity, ie. they think they can banish their own questions about whether they are truly happy and whether the grass might not be greener on the other side by making the other side BADWRONG and UNACCEPTABLE. You see it with politicians who harp on the sanctity of marriage while fucking the interns, and with pastors who rail against the evils of homosexuality while sucking dicks in the back of a van the next town over. You also see it with poly people who insist that everyone is naturally non-monogamous and that if YOU were truly enlightened, YOU would be too.

Truth is, nothing is perfect for everybody, and it's also likely that nothing is perfect for anybody throughout the entire course of their life. That doesn't mean that people should change their relationship style or get married or get divorced or start sleeping around or stop sleeping around. Most people, at some point, find something that works pretty well for them, and if they do then sticking with it is probably their best bet. All it means is that at some point or multiple points it won't feel like it's working that great and everyone will be kind of unhappy with the arrangement, REGARDLESS of whether it was a monogamous arrangement or a polygamous arrangement or whatever the hell it might be. It's better for everyone if we all just recognize that and don't externalize it and project our own feelings of uncertainty onto other people or demonize the thing we kinda wish we were doing but have decided not to do.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

POFP

Shit, I wasn't even aware that swingers and polys had a philosophy or dogma to justify their actions. Which sounds stupid now that I say that, seeing as how almost everyone has a philosophy or dogma to justify their actions. I guess their philosophies and dogmas remained hidden to me because I haven't met many, and I never really thought about it. I mean, I know people who fuck around a lot and they don't seem to care at all, but that's probably not what you're talking about. Swingers, on the other hand, I have never had the pleasure of meeting.

Swinging makes me a bit uncomfortable. But the closest thing to that that I can relate to is my idea of a perfect relationship:

Two people are partners, a single force against the entire world. They do whatever it takes to better themselves. If it means fucking someone outside of the relationship to get favors that benefit them both, so be it. But at the end of the night (Or in the morning, when the partner returns from fucking the other person), it's their partner they truly love.

But that's probably some fairytale shit. House of Cards (American version) projects unrealistic relationship goals for me  :lulz:

More on-topic: Anyone who insists that my sexual orientation or preference is actually something other than what I've decided to express, is a total fuckwad. I don't care what the "science" of sexual predisposition says. My desires don't have to be fucking scientific. I will only be happy doing what I will. Anyone suggesting that I will be happy doing something else can suck a swinging bag of dicks.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

LMNO

How about a half bag of monogamous dicks?

POFP

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on May 28, 2015, 04:27:34 AM
How about a half bag of monogamous dicks?

:lulz:

I don't care what kind of bags or dicks they're into. It can be a monogamous bag of half-dicks or whatever. I'M JUST SAYIN, SOMEBODY NEEDS TO BE SUCKIN SOME SHAPELESS PENILE CONTAINERS.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 28, 2015, 02:16:45 AM
Yeah, I think it's basically another version of "I MUST SHAME ALL THE PEOPLE WHO AREN'T DOING IT JUST LIKE ME, IN ORDER TO VALIDATE MY WAY AND INVALIDATE THEIR WAY".

IME it tends to be an expression of insecurity, ie. they think they can banish their own questions about whether they are truly happy and whether the grass might not be greener on the other side by making the other side BADWRONG and UNACCEPTABLE. You see it with politicians who harp on the sanctity of marriage while fucking the interns, and with pastors who rail against the evils of homosexuality while sucking dicks in the back of a van the next town over. You also see it with poly people who insist that everyone is naturally non-monogamous and that if YOU were truly enlightened, YOU would be too.

Truth is, nothing is perfect for everybody, and it's also likely that nothing is perfect for anybody throughout the entire course of their life. That doesn't mean that people should change their relationship style or get married or get divorced or start sleeping around or stop sleeping around. Most people, at some point, find something that works pretty well for them, and if they do then sticking with it is probably their best bet. All it means is that at some point or multiple points it won't feel like it's working that great and everyone will be kind of unhappy with the arrangement, REGARDLESS of whether it was a monogamous arrangement or a polygamous arrangement or whatever the hell it might be. It's better for everyone if we all just recognize that and don't externalize it and project our own feelings of uncertainty onto other people or demonize the thing we kinda wish we were doing but have decided not to do.

That.  Right there.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 28, 2015, 03:05:34 AM
Shit, I wasn't even aware that swingers and polys had a philosophy or dogma to justify their actions. Which sounds stupid now that I say that, seeing as how almost everyone has a philosophy or dogma to justify their actions. I guess their philosophies and dogmas remained hidden to me because I haven't met many, and I never really thought about it. I mean, I know people who fuck around a lot and they don't seem to care at all, but that's probably not what you're talking about. Swingers, on the other hand, I have never had the pleasure of meeting.

Swinging makes me a bit uncomfortable. But the closest thing to that that I can relate to is my idea of a perfect relationship:

Two people are partners, a single force against the entire world. They do whatever it takes to better themselves. If it means fucking someone outside of the relationship to get favors that benefit them both, so be it. But at the end of the night (Or in the morning, when the partner returns from fucking the other person), it's their partner they truly love.

But that's probably some fairytale shit. House of Cards (American version) projects unrealistic relationship goals for me  :lulz:

More on-topic: Anyone who insists that my sexual orientation or preference is actually something other than what I've decided to express, is a total fuckwad. I don't care what the "science" of sexual predisposition says. My desires don't have to be fucking scientific. I will only be happy doing what I will. Anyone suggesting that I will be happy doing something else can suck a swinging bag of dicks.

I think that most of us have an internal, perhaps unconscious model for how the world "should" work, and in most cases we are shaping our relationships and life choices after that model. Some people formally codify that internal model into an idea for what "everyone should do/really is", and that's where you get folks trying to tell you how YOU should live your life and what YOU should be attracted to.

And yeah, it's generally pretty dickbaggish.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

minuspace

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 27, 2015, 03:53:07 PM
I think he's trying to shit on QG and I for not being monogamous, but it's really hard to tell.
No.  I really was trying to expand my understanding of monogamy.  That's why I definined myself as a "serial monogamist", because I don't believe it's distinction need be considered more than just a difference of degree between both swinging and polyamory.  The problem is how people try to antagonize sexuality, the format itself, and monogamy happens to be quite the exception in the limited circles I frequent.  So again, yea, whatever, I do not represent the absence of what you respect.  This is tedious.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LuciferX on May 28, 2015, 12:04:38 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on May 27, 2015, 03:53:07 PM
I think he's trying to shit on QG and I for not being monogamous, but it's really hard to tell.
No.  I really was trying to expand my understanding of monogamy.  That's why I definined myself as a "serial monogamist", because I don't believe it's distinction need be considered more than just a difference of degree between both swinging and polyamory.  The problem is how people try to antagonize sexuality, the format itself, and monogamy happens to be quite the exception in the limited circles I frequent.  So again, yea, whatever, I do not represent the absence of what you respect.  This is tedious.

This is, indeed, indeed, tedious. Your inability to lucidly and coherently express your thoughts is not our responsibility, and if you don't WANT misunderstandings, you should work on that.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Is LuciferX a non-native English speaker? Because I don't want to shit on somebody for having a poor grasp of a second or third language, I just really really cannot understand what the fuck he's on about.

POFP

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on May 28, 2015, 04:50:02 PM
Is LuciferX a non-native English speaker? Because I don't want to shit on somebody for having a poor grasp of a second or third language, I just really really cannot understand what the fuck he's on about.

No, he just takes statements he can't understand as insults, or denigration, because he has ego issues. He also neglects to state his personal views and opinions as views or opinions, and instead, states them as universal facts. This is also because of ego issues.

After everyone takes the opposing side, he remembers to throw in the fact that his statements were, in-fact, views and opinions. He does this, without realizing it, because of the ego issues. You can't have an incorrect opinion or view, so his ego re-writes his paragraphs for him in E-Prime and with extra (Yet, twisted) pedantry.

How do I know this? Because I used to do the same shit. Maybe I still do the same shit. But admitting that you do it and seeing it in yourself and others is the first step to solving the problem. Believe it or not (This is at LuciferX) you don't need other people to help you with that problem, because I know you probably wouldn't let anyone try to fix that problem because you're so hateful towards the idea of someone who isn't you (Because everyone is lesser than you, right?) fixing you.

EDIT: Basically, this makes it seem as though Lucifer is disagreeing one moment, and switching directions the next. And when you're under attack when you have ego issues, you tend to kick your pedantry machine too hard, causing it to spit out the sludge you read by LuciferX half of the time. You start re-reading pieces of what you write, as you write it, and you throw different ideas into it in every cycle, causing loops of concept shittery. It's just what happens when your ego is desperate and you have a decent intelligence. Yeah, I said it, I have no doubt that he's intelligent. He just has some issues he needs to deal with before he'll start making sense.

The Johnny

I don't think its a matter of 2nd languaging, because when it is that, its usual manifestation is shitty grammar and syntaxis and weak vocabulary and some spelling errors or using words that supposedly translate to mean something but dont (theres similar words in appearance between languages that mean completely different or unrelated things).

This cat's words usually have the problem of deliberate obfuscation and noise, others are supposed to magically decipher the meaning of out-of-context metaphors or he gets wounded when he gets misinterpreted.

TLDR: its always a bad idea to use purple prose along with noise and obscurity to express your message when you are trying to debate or contribute to a conversation that isnt with yourself.

P.S. I dont think he was shitting on anyone's preferences, what i did see was condescension towards QG, but who knows? Its mostly words randomly assembled.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Reginald Ret

Quote from: PlightOfFernandoPoo on May 28, 2015, 05:15:56 PM

No, he just takes statements he can't understand as insults, or denigration, because he has ego issues. He also neglects to state his personal views and opinions as views or opinions, and instead, states them as universal facts. This is also because of ego issues.

After everyone takes the opposing side, he remembers to throw in the fact that his statements were, in-fact, views and opinions. He does this, without realizing it, because of the ego issues. You can't have an incorrect opinion or view, so his ego re-writes his paragraphs for him in E-Prime and with extra (Yet, twisted) pedantry.

How do I know this? Because I used to do the same shit. Maybe I still do the same shit. But admitting that you do it and seeing it in yourself and others is the first step to solving the problem. Believe it or not (This is at LuciferX) you don't need other people to help you with that problem, because I know you probably wouldn't let anyone try to fix that problem because you're so hateful towards the idea of someone who isn't you (Because everyone is lesser than you, right?) fixing you.

EDIT: Basically, this makes it seem as though Lucifer is disagreeing one moment, and switching directions the next. And when you're under attack when you have ego issues, you tend to kick your pedantry machine too hard, causing it to spit out the sludge you read by LuciferX half of the time. You start re-reading pieces of what you write, as you write it, and you throw different ideas into it in every cycle, causing loops of concept shittery. It's just what happens when your ego is desperate and you have a decent intelligence. Yeah, I said it, I have no doubt that he's intelligent. He just has some issues he needs to deal with before he'll start making sense.
That sounds very accurate, thanks for that insight into LuciferX.
Now I know why i kept going back and forth on liking him and being annoyed by him.
I also know why I sometimes confused the two of you. (In LuciferX's more lucid moments, I did not intend to insult)
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Meunster

Got a link?
One good pdf and I'm open to most ideologies. I want to expand mind.
Poe's law ;)

POFP

Quote from: Reginald Ret on May 28, 2015, 10:03:12 PM

That sounds very accurate, thanks for that insight into LuciferX.
Now I know why i kept going back and forth on liking him and being annoyed by him.
I also know why I sometimes confused the two of you. (In LuciferX's more lucid moments, I did not intend to insult)

No problem. And don't worry, I caught on to him because I saw aspects of myself in him. And introspection makes aspects like that much more clear when you're observing.

It probably sounds like I'm stroking my own ego, but I think, based on my own experiences, he might be quite a joy to talk to once he comes around. He has lots of potential. Anyone know how old he is? I would look at his profile, but I stopped trusting profile ages a long time ago.

Quote from: Meunster on May 29, 2015, 02:48:37 AM

Got a link?
One good pdf and I'm open to most ideologies. I want to expand mind.

Could you be more specific? Not sure exactly what you're referring to. I don't remember talking about anything that would be found in PDF form, unless they have the Script for House of Cards in PDF on Kickass.to or something.

Quote from: The Johnny on May 28, 2015, 09:09:28 PM
This cat's words usually have the problem of deliberate obfuscation and noise, others are supposed to magically decipher the meaning of out-of-context metaphors or he gets wounded when he gets misinterpreted.

TLDR: its always a bad idea to use purple prose along with noise and obscurity to express your message when you are trying to debate or contribute to a conversation that isnt with yourself.

Excellent point you've brought up, and I think you explained it perfectly. That was another problem I had. I would turn the paragraphs of information that I wanted to express into a puzzle using out of context metaphors, etc. And if someone didn't understand me, I was hurt and put the responsibility on the reader. I would say this is also what he is doing, precisely.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Whoa, that was pretty incisive.

Thanks for the insight.