News:

All you can say in this site's defence is that it, rather than reality, occupies the warped minds of some of the planet's most twisted people; gods know what they would get up to if it wasn't here.  In these arguably insane times, any lessening or attenuation of madness is maybe something to be thankful for.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bu🤠ns

Trivial

Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Junkenstein

It's nice to see the term "Argos Cenotaph" entering into more common usage. I'm assuming this isn't exclusive to the UK either.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 24, 2014, 01:12:37 PM

It's nice to see the term "Argos Cenotaph" entering into more common usage. I'm assuming this isn't exclusive to the UK either.

"Hello snappy UK", just sort of hanging out there like a clown at a funeral.   :lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Suu

Here's some pictures of my crazy train ride to Kansas City. I highly recommend everybody gets a chance to ride a long distance train in the US at some time. I regret nothing, except my achy butt. Sleeping in the coach was tricky, but I did it.

the USCG Barque Eagle in New London. We stole this boat from the Nazis.

Philadelphia, once I was able to get a clear shot past piles of garbage.

I had a short layover in DC, so I ran outside for pics. Here's the Supreme Court.

Which sits unsurprisingly across from the Capitol. Here I am being American:

And exercising my right to be an American:

So DC made me twice as Patriotic by the time I left.

By the way, if you get a chance to see the capital this time of year: GO. The city smells of cherry blossoms and it's just beautiful.

On the big cross-country superliner trains, there's observation cars. I hung out in the one from DC to Chicago most of the time.

Harper's Ferry. I nearly shat, and then gave the car a history lesson. They loved me for it. Or were frightened, unsure.

The majority of the Capitol Limited line follows the old B&O rails along the Potomac, so DC to Pittsburgh looked like this. West Virginia is on the left, Maryland is on the right. I also saw enough coal trains to power the East Coast for a while, which was both interesting and depressing.

Pittsburgh around 11:30pm.

Inside Chicago Union Station, which is quiet and mild paced compared to DC Union Station. Midwest and all.

The Sears Tower, now called the Willis Tower, but it will always be the former.  Don't care.

The Mississippi River, which is a bit flooded out right now because of all the snow. This is the natural border between Illinois (left) and Iowa (right.)

And this is pretty much what the view from the Southwest Chief looked like to Kansas City. Nothing is planted yet, but they're starting to plow the fields.

I got into KC at 10pm last night, so it was dark and there wasn't much to see, other than I'm pretty sure it's 50-60 miles in diameter, easy. We're going to go out a bit tonight to explore, then I have the convention all weekend with a chance of tornadoes on Sunday. I leave to go home to Boston on Monday morning.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

LMNO

Suu, I'm not sure I ever knew why you're in KC

Suu

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 25, 2014, 04:02:58 PM

I'm giving talks at a convention tomorrow in Independence, the next city over.

This city does not suck, by the way. Everybody back east was going, "Ewwww, flyover state, DNT." Meanwhile, the first thing I'm told when I get off the train is, "By the way, Pretty Boy Floyd shot up this train station, let me show you the bullet holes!"  It's not what I expected in the least. I expected Jesus, and I got Hare Krishnas and gay bars in the half hour drive I saw last night. I am NOT kidding.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Suu

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Suu on April 25, 2014, 05:31:23 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on April 25, 2014, 04:02:58 PM

I'm giving talks at a convention tomorrow in Independence, the next city over.

This city does not suck, by the way. Everybody back east was going, "Ewwww, flyover state, DNT." Meanwhile, the first thing I'm told when I get off the train is, "By the way, Pretty Boy Floyd shot up this train station, let me show you the bullet holes!"  It's not what I expected in the least. I expected Jesus, and I got Hare Krishnas and gay bars in the half hour drive I saw last night. I am NOT kidding.

It's changed since I was there. I stopped en route to someplace else to visit a lady I used to know. It essentially reminded me of a giant Lake Jackson, TX. We ended up going to a free concert at a park. Gary Puckett. There is nothing quite like seeing an old man with a huge gut wrapped in a cummerbund singing "Young Girl".

NEVER. AGAIN.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division