News:

PD.com - you don't even believe in nihilism anymore

Main Menu

NaNoWriMo 2009?

Started by Suu, October 12, 2009, 09:45:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I think I'm going for it again. Anyone else this year?

Woo Team PD!
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Fuck if I have time for it, but maybe I'll give it a shot.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Rococo Modem Basilisk

For the last two years, I've planned months ahead and ended up with less than a page by December (a month less productive than my average friday night on IRC), but I suppose at worst I'll just end up equalling last year's entry of a title and no document at all. I guess I'm in.

I am not "full of hate" as if I were some passive container. I am a generator of hate, and my rage is a renewable resource, like sunshine.

Herbertina Merrique V

I'm in!

Finished a novel last year and now I'll probably make a sequel, just because that'll piss the main character off. Or then I'll just start a new story with no planning at all.
I'm really not supposed to have time for this, but I think I cheated too much last year, so I want to do it again. (The Author was an actual character in the novel, so I kept smashing the fourth wall into pieces all the time and had a good excuse for  w r i t i n g  l i k e  t h i s, for example.)
THE MORALE WILL CONTINUE UNTIL DISCORDIANS IMPROVE

Ask me anything. Or else.

Cain

Probably give it a go, despite my terrible, disasterous attempt last year.  Surprisingly I have more free time now then when I did when I was on the dole (go to this interview, show up to sign on, lets talk about how you are finding jobs etc etc) and I think if I confine myself to writing it and occasionally blogging, I should be OK.

I'm totally going to abuse TV Tropes and this thread in writing it, though.

LMNO

I'm pretty sure I don't have the time.

I may give it a go, however.  Maybe.

Richter

I may start, but any sentiment that I should be adding another monthly deliverable right now is getting a compulsive "FUCKYOU!" from my brain ATM.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

The feeling I got last year after it was over (and me ten or twenty thousand words behind) was actually pretty miserable, because it was a crap story, and I wasn't even able to finish. 

I got two halfway decent essays out of it, but the pressure, guilt, and lack of inner creativity really drained me.

AFK

I will once again be a cheerleader from the sidelines.  I know damn well I don't have the motivation, nor the discipline, to undertake such a thing. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Mine is going to be exceptionally easy this year, and maybe publishable:

"Tales from a Recession-Battered Bistro"

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Eater of Clowns

I intend to give it a shot this year.  I have no ideas, but I'll attack it.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Mangrove

tl;dw*

* too long; didn't write
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

Suu

Last year I had no idea either, it turned into an absolute mess (and the most words, if you can call them that, were typed when I was drunk) but I still managed to do over 50,000 before the end of November.

Kai

I'd love to do NaNoWriMo, but I just don't have time.

Might be better to start a REAL novel. You know, the sort that's pre planned and takes longer than a month to write.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Cain

I'm still researching and planning for a real novel.

I came up with the basic idea in March or so.