News:

We've got artists, scientists, scholars, pranksters, publishers, songwriters, and political activists.  We've subjected Discordia to scrutiny, torn it apart, and put it back together. We've written songs about it, we've got a stack of essays, and, to refer back to your quote above, we criticize the hell out of each other.

Main Menu

PICS VIII: 10% LARGER THAN PICS VII

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, April 12, 2013, 04:16:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

That was a whole raft of A FUCKING MAZING.

It was kind of up there with the white girl on the athiest cat group telling me that she knows better than me what I should be offended by, and following it up with whining about how everyone always thinks she's white. I didn't stick around to find out whether she was trans-black or 1/128th Cherokee. :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

I sleep better at night by pretending these are all just elaborate jokes.

Cain

Sleeping at night only helps the cisheternormative elf patriarchy.

LMNO

Chelagoras The Boulder

Hating him also supports the elven patriarchy
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Cain

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 24, 2015, 02:25:52 AM

It was kind of up there with the white girl on the athiest cat group telling me that she knows better than me what I should be offended by, and following it up with whining about how everyone always thinks she's white. I didn't stick around to find out whether she was trans-black or 1/128th Cherokee. :lol:

Well Nigel, that's because you've chosen to be white, and so your opinion is irrelevant:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2015, 09:47:14 PM

Well Nigel, that's because you've chosen to be white, and so your opinion is irrelevant:

Wha... I just... I...

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chelagoras The Boulder

Good to hear your grandfather's improving DemoSquid! :)
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 24, 2015, 10:07:23 PM
Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2015, 09:47:14 PM

Wha... I just... I...

I want this to be a troll SOOO bad. I want to believe that there arent people this dumb, i really do. :horrormirth:
"It isn't who you know, it's who you know, if you know what I mean.  And I think you do."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hope it's a troll too... but I've been let down so many times.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 25, 2015, 05:32:10 AM
It's tumblr, right?

It's real.

I just had to have a talk with my own kid about why there is nothing "oppressive" about not diagnosing people under 18 (IMO 23-25 would be more appropriate, in fact) with personality disorders. Because different parts of the brain undergo major developmental surges at different times, effectively making everyone whose brain isn't done growing "disordered" if you held them to adult standards.

Fucking Tumblr.

The Johnny

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on January 25, 2015, 08:53:12 AM
Quote from: Doktor Howl on January 25, 2015, 05:32:10 AM
It's tumblr, right?

It's real.

I just had to have a talk with my own kid about why there is nothing "oppressive" about not diagnosing people under 18 (IMO 23-25 would be more appropriate, in fact) with personality disorders. Because different parts of the brain undergo major developmental surges at different times, effectively making everyone whose brain isn't done growing "disordered" if you held them to adult standards.

Fucking Tumblr.

To some people a diagnosis is a badge of specialness and a justificant for all their actions... and on one hand it is good for eventual treatment to have a diagnosis, but considering the pharma mafia lobby pushes to raise their stock value, how many diagnoses are even correct.

Also, diagnosis carries stigma.

Sorry if im not on point, i lost track on how far back the quote nest goes.
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Cain

There is a "fat acceptance" story doing the rounds on tumblr that is...well, it's definitely fiction, the only question is whether it's the product of delusion or trolling genius.  I will post when I find it.

Also, on Reddit, there is a sub called /r/StormfrontorSJW, where they basically removing the identifying information and you have to guess whether the comment was made by a racist or a SJW.  It's actually pretty hard....the only way I can tell the difference is that the latter use a lot more condescending language ("honey" etc) whereas the former just straight up tell people they're subhuman garbage.

Bruno

Are there skinny people on tumblr who self identify as fat who refer to themselves as "trans fat"?

I've got that feeling I get when I'm reinventing a joke everyone else has already heard.

ETA: Never mind. I found it. It's a thing.
Formerly something else...

minuspace

Quote from: Cain on January 24, 2015, 06:31:41 PM
Sleeping at night only helps the cisheternormative elf patriarchy.
:newsfeed: