News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

The story of money

Started by namu, August 18, 2004, 04:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schweinepriester G.

Hmm yes he could be seen as part of a problem that solves another problem.
That is as long as pretzels and bikes allow him to live.
"...it would needlessly exclude IMPS implementations that
  may utilize sub-atomic monkeys and/or multiple universes;"
RFC 2795, section 4 (Infinite-TAG)

LMNO

Quote from: Schweinepriester G.Hmm yes he could be seen as part of a problem that solves another problem.
That is as long as pretzels and bikes allow him to live.

I'm rooting for the Pretzels.

Schweinepriester G.

The pretzels are the true power behind the scenes.

gnimbley

Quote from: Schweinepriester G.Yes that problem that eventually banks (or their functional equivalent) would own everything after a few hundred years even assuming the most modest interest rates is old.
I'd say a few thousend years old.

I thought taxes were how we took away interest from the rich folks and
redistributed it to the rest of us. Oops, I'm sorry. That's how the rich
take away interest from the bankers and redistribute it to themselves.
My bad.

Quote from: Schweinepriester G.And the "solution" to the problem is just as old. It takes the form of a reset button that gets pressed now and then and puff wads of money are suddenly only fancy toilet paper and the wealth they represented is no longer there. At the same time actual property gets redistributed to some extent as well.
Mostly this reset takes the form of wars.

Hyper-inflation works pretty good. So does closing the banks. And
simply not paying. Those all work pretty well.

namu

Not paying is my method of choice. It works great when having multiple official identities, in particular. Collect money, don't pay taxes or credits, move, repeat.

Having diplomatic immunity helps, too :twisted:
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--
United we stand, divided we run free at last !

gnimbley

Quote from: namuHaving diplomatic immunity helps, too :twisted:

diplomatic immunity = license to be one of the politically elite.

Rev Thwack

I always find it better to have no official identy and to recieve all checks made out to "cash"
My balls itch...

person13afn

you guys are all so smart.

i selected financial economics as a major in college but you are the most reasonable of all my teachers and everything. one professor was strongly focused on economic development of third world countries. there we talked about wealth as not just money- infrastructure, human capital, etc etc. we also talked about debt burden, interest payments etc.  but generally, the program at our college was not foundational. by this i mean the most that made sense in our major in terms of understanding the world around us was taught in the first two courses, macro and micro econ., specifically supply and demand.. and after this it got overly complicated and disconnected from real world matters, it seems to me. at least they didn't integrate econ enough with other fields, such as history, sociology, philosophy, etc. i take that back- i had one great prof for one class who included philosophy etc, even hegel and others in his teaching. he was the most "unhurried" relaxed of all my teachers i guess and he owned few successful businesses... i went to small private lutheran college in minnesota- a rival of st olaf where i believe fscot fitzgerald attended- only i was there 4 fucking years..

anyway they didn't discuss money system/banking system much. i believe it's like nietzsche said in twilight of idols:

Educators are needed who have themselves been educated, superior, noble spirits, proved at every moment, proved by words and silence, representing culture which has grown ripe and sweet,Äînot the learned louts whom secondary schools and universities today offer our youth as "higher wet nurses." Educators are lacking, not counting the most exceptional of exceptions

yeah, that and well i'm really interested know "who dun it", how it all came to be so i can defend my position. i'm avid student of history, reading interesting book called brief history of economic genius- in the tradition of nlp studying minds of genii and sub. anyway that's mighty interesting article.

another thought, since i was little (i'm i guess young adult now) i've always been aware of strange cult of gold lovers- ppl who won't invest in anything but solid metals and commodities like the people who host that story's webpage. strange, mebbe that's reality tunnel i'll have to put myself into nxt. i wonder what sense or nonsense this crew makes- they do seem so avid and ardent. i wonder what their numbers are like.

anyway of the few things i believe in almost totally one is emotion and rationalization. i know surrounding money (spending, saving, etc) there is heated emotion. i know debt = slavery, and regarding all rationalizing i'm doing silently i hope to develop a consciousness of rationalization. it's better than unconsciousness. one of the greatest books written of all time, imo- if you dig deep enough, you won't know unless you dig deep enough imo- is think and grow rich by napoleon hill, imo the greatest book about tapping potentials of human mind. and i also mightlely love the principia discordia illuminatus!

money mastery is part of game of life and to fix society- if you want to- you have to fix at individual level 1st- fix yourself, free from debt, etc etc etc. all hail discordia

p

person13afn

what good books are there about banking system- history of banking, etc.

i think i remember hearing once the medici's of italy were the 1st banking family. i'm not sure

i know a lot of "truth" is shrouded in the mists of history- i wonder what there is to know about causes and forces and reactions and MONEY and the masses. who are some good authors, all hail discorida!

namu

I think Economics is a lot like chemistry. Add some of this, mix with some of this, heat at this temperature, it produces this, and you lose this smallish part to transfers or evaporation, etc...

It's also a bit like physics, in that it behaves as a closed system on the global scale, and you can approximate most components with simple formulas.

And it's like philosphics, too, if you're talented enough you can bullshit other people into believing anything so it works out to your advantage.
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--

gnimbley

I have heard it stated that the Wealth of Nations by Adam Smith is a
must. And I think Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of
Crowds by Charles MacKay (originally published in 1841) is probably a
must. For contemporary personal finances you might try Andrew
Tobias.

BTW, the gold crowd these days is pretty much made up of two groups,
those who sell gold to suckers and those who write newsletters telling
suckers to buy gold. Everybody else thinks they are just a bunch of nuts.

But I'm a gnome, so you know which camp I am in.

namu

Remember the Holey 5th Commandment !
Namu the Maxwell Angel
--

Horab Fibslager

are they commandments?

i thought they were aural vomit, thusly named as the penta barf.
Hell is other people.

Schweinepriester G.

commandment is synominous to vocal vomit

~~~~Closed~~~~

"a discordian is prohibited from believing anything he reads." is the commandment in question.