News:

There are no innocents, only the squeamish and the aroused.

Main Menu

The story of money

Started by namu, August 18, 2004, 04:35:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trollax

Quote from: namuHow do you make big money ? Simple, you print it. It costs $23 (I'm NOT making this up) to print 10,000 bank notes that value a million dollars in face value.

How do you make MORE big money ? Simple too, you print it, then lend it with interest like the Federal Reserve does. $23 investment turn into $1,000,000 + yearly 2% interest investment. Lather, rinse, repeat until the world is yours - that is, when all countries in the world have an interest debt higher than their internal wealth combined.

Who would have thought that taxes were little more than an indirect way for Fabian to force people (under threat of jail time) to pay the interest ?

You know what's funny. I worked out a way whereby it is possible for an entire country to remove the federal reserve without collapsing. (of course you need about 10,000 people willing to get shot to do so.)

Slarti

WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLlllllllllllllllllllllllllllll what is it????????????????????///////////////////////////////////////slash

Rev Thwack

I'm sure I can come up with the 10,000 people willing to get shot. Once you show them that they can choose between a quick and painless gunshot or a very long and drawn out procedure involving removal of 55% of their skin, removal of all their bones, and several experiments involving long metal spikes and a blowtorch, they seem to beg to be shot.
My balls itch...

Nikoli Volkoff

well, where the hell did i put that time machine?? I think it is time for some good old fashioned fucking with space/time. Awaiting final confrimation from NSRA command to commence operations.

Personally this is part of the reason i have never had a bank account, a good friend of mine got into a situation with a well known "Banking" institution (Cough WaMU Cough) where he over drew his checking account by something like 25 dollars... within one week the total "OVERDRAFT" charge was up to $400. The initial 25, the 25 charge for the over draft, then the next day another 25 charge on the 25 charge on the initial 25 "debt". That and i never liked it when i would deposit money in a bank and not spend it only to find next week that i had 100 dollars less in my account when i checked it... causing me to overdraw my account due to me thinking i had hte money in there... the bank would charge me an over draft charge and then the next week the money that had disappeared would be back in the account... AFTER i had already been forced to pay the overdraft charges or have my account forcibly closed lossing that last 100 dollars...to this day i SPIT on every SeaFirst/Bank of America that i see... i do not have credit, i do not have a checking or savings account. i get my check cash it and leave the money at home...

What i really want to know is when did they take off the Payable to bearer in gold/silver apon demand at any bank?  i have a really old 2 dollar bill floating around that still says that...
The Hidden stone ripens fast, then laid bare like a turnip can easily be cut out at last but even then the danger isn't past. That man lives best who's fain to live half mad, half sane. -Flemish Poet Jan Van Stijevoort, 1524.

Nikoli Volkoff

for anyone else interested in this, here is an artical that caught my eye on the home page for the initial story...

http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_04/willie111604.html

lost me on most of the acronyms but the general gyst of the article is clear.

moving to Europe is sounding more and more like a good plan... besides i havent been to Germany since '91... would be good to go back when i can enjoy it.
The Hidden stone ripens fast, then laid bare like a turnip can easily be cut out at last but even then the danger isn't past. That man lives best who's fain to live half mad, half sane. -Flemish Poet Jan Van Stijevoort, 1524.

gnimbley

Quote from: Nikoli VolkoffWhat i really want to know is when did they take off the Payable to bearer in gold/silver apon demand at any bank?  i have a really old 2 dollar bill floating around that still says that...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_Note

Nikoli Volkoff

why thank you dear Gnome... much appreciated.. heres a special Double Chocolate, chocolate chip cookie that weighs as much as you.... enjoy

SMFabal

Well, this little essay is interesting, but it overlooks the one most basic principle of economic thought: money has no value. All those dollars and pounds, pesos and yen, mean absolutly nothing in the way of wealth. Wealth is what money gets you.

If the suppliers of money required return of real goods and labor, they might be wealthier, but this "the world plus 10%" doesn't work out. It is possible to create greater wealth than the 10% interest charged (in fact, that is the norm). Wealth is labor. Raw materials. New ideas.

Money is just a way of keeping score.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

gnimbley

Thank you, Nikki. The cookie is munch, munch delicious!

You do know that listening to gnomes is the first sign of dementia.
Agreeing with gnomes is the second sign of dementia.
Agreeing with both Graud and Roger simultaneously is the 23rd sign of dementia.

HOWEVER,

Giving a gnome cookies is the first step towards enlightenment.

BTW, SMFabal. The wiki article says, "The notes have no value for
themselves, but for what they will buy." Isn't that the same as what
you said? Also, the federal reserve does not charge interest on
federal reserve notes. Nor do they pay any.

SMFabal

True, but all later descriptions of financial interactions read as though money were the value. Meh - it makes sence in my head, but I cna't really explain it.

gnimbley

Quote from: SMFabalTrue, but all later descriptions of financial interactions read as though money were the value. Meh - it makes sence in my head, but I cna't really explain it.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Oh, wait. Everything is a personal problem, isn't it?

At least, it is not my problem.

My problem is insufficient cookies.

Prickly

Have I mentioned lately that I love all you people?

*group hugs everyone*

*pulls out the spines that accidentally got stuck in the hugged*
Pope Prickly the Pielyamorous Porcupine of the Bent Quarter Cabal and, more recently, the Sunrise If You Dare Cabal

Before the beginning, there was a 50/50 chance of either something or nothing existing. So, something and nothing decided to flip a coin to decide which of them would exist. However, in order for there to be a coin to flip, something had to have already won the toss. Therefore, you only exist because something is a cheating bastard.

Bob the Mediocre

::Plants Prickly's spine next to his cactus::
Thanks.
"we are building a religion
we are making a brand
we're the only ones to turn to when your castles turn to sand
take a bite of this apple
mister corporate events
take a walk through the jungle
of cardboard shanties and tents
some people drink pepsi
some people drink coke
the wacky morning dj says democracy's a joke
he says now do you believe in the one big song
he is now accepting callers who would like to sing along"

I AM A COMPLETE AND UTTER FUCKING IDIOT!

SMFabal

Quote from: gnimbley
Quote from: SMFabalTrue, but all later descriptions of financial interactions read as though money were the value. Meh - it makes sence in my head, but I cna't really explain it.

Sounds like a personal problem to me.

Oh, wait. Everything is a personal problem, isn't it?

At least, it is not my problem.

My problem is insufficient cookies.
Ah, it seems we were refering to different articles! I was talking about this one: http://www.gold-eagle.com/editorials_99/hannigan092099.html

Cain

Non-malicious bump.

Just to show not everything pre-coup was retarded.