News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

Cressing

Started by Placid Dingo, November 15, 2010, 12:14:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Dr. James Semaj on May 04, 2011, 10:16:01 PM
Shit yeah! Really glad to see this thread pop up again!

This idea influenced this story I'm working on. I'm not using Cressing in the story, but rather I'm using blending narrative and reality together in the story. So thanks for writing this.

Awesome! Do share when you have something ready.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Wizard

QuoteAwesome! Do share when you have something ready.

Will do.
Insanity we trust.

Placid Dingo

Nil

Placid Dingo

Nil

Placid Dingo

Nil

Placid Dingo

Ive mentioned before that I have been doing my own Cressing stuff, which is really just Lo5ing in a way that informs decision making. I like the 'toolkit' of activities but am not keen on trying these without a partner.

I met a girl locally into the BDSM scene. She had a book on Japanese bondage, the photographer of which was called Circle23 and from Portland. 23! Portland! A link for sure; so I begin to look into that world...

... And look it up on a forum I find. This forum has only one thread on Japanese rope... Posted on my Birthday! A wink! On the right track.

So following different threads. Japan. Kink. Discordia.

I meet a girl from Japan on OK Cupid. Fan of Andy Warhol. When I go to add her to Facebook, I do a few things to make it less lame. I don't like doing the about me so I arbitrarily replace it with a band bio from last fm. I click on Velvet Underground, once produced by Warhol and discover that they're named after a sadomasochistic novel (as is one of the tracks on the Warhol album). A link? A wink at least!

Cramulus

"Kismet"... It means both Luck and Destiny. It's so cress!

You're so crescent fresh

super cres at best!

Placid Dingo

Love Kismet. Also, now anytime I think of Cressing I get that damn song in my head  :argh!: .

Threads are linking up like crazy.

Japanese Warhol Girl is interested in Shibari, Japanese rope art, which I was directed towards a course on from the girl locally into kink. I'm meeting with the Japanese girl in a bit under a year in Singapore. Like Cram's Reality Safari, it feels like since getting something started, riding it has been pretty easy. In recent times there hasn't been a clear connection to anything else. I'm dating with the local girl but I don't want to treat a relationship like an experement so I'm saying that there's a point where previous elements stop being links and just get absorbed into life.

Current connection points.

Japan
Shibari
Warhol
The Velvet Underground
SM Classic Literature
Certain Japanese Kanji
RIP SLYME

(also considering the direction this is going atm, if you want to move it out of LC I don't mind).

Placid Dingo

Contacted a girl on OK Cupid. Her page seemed really interesting, but I didn't contact her straight away.

Then, her profile appears as recently updated.

I email. She replies.

Soon she has a new profile picture. The caption says she sometimes does photography as different characters. Bonus points on offer if you know who shes dressed as.

She's wearing a red dress, and holding a golden apple.

Phox

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 09, 2011, 01:00:24 PM
Contacted a girl on OK Cupid. Her page seemed really interesting, but I didn't contact her straight away.

Then, her profile appears as recently updated.

I email. She replies.

Soon she has a new profile picture. The caption says she sometimes does photography as different characters. Bonus points on offer if you know who shes dressed as.

She's wearing a red dress, and holding a golden apple.
OH I KNOW! She's Atalanta!

Placid Dingo

Met that girl, along with her friend. They chatted and knitted at a cafe. Not many interesting links. She had a moustache based tshirt, but thats more of a wink.

Golden Applesauce

HOLY SHIT HOW DID I MISS THIS

I've been checking TFY;S for like a year now and not all that much exciting stuff had been posted.

Someone should have told me that all the cool kids moved to LO.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Q. G. Pennyworth

This is awesome. Do you have any plans to write some more longer pieces for it? I love the "journalist gets sucked into the story" narrative (seen it happen to a lot of people in the last couple of years) and I think it would work as a booklet, if there's a good wrapping up point.  Leave it on subway cars or bathroom stalls with the last page talking about "this is your wink" or something. I dunno, it's great writing anyway, I totally bought it until someone mentioned it not being real.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: Queen_Gogira on February 02, 2012, 01:58:34 PM
This is awesome. Do you have any plans to write some more longer pieces for it? I love the "journalist gets sucked into the story" narrative (seen it happen to a lot of people in the last couple of years) and I think it would work as a booklet, if there's a good wrapping up point.  Leave it on subway cars or bathroom stalls with the last page talking about "this is your wink" or something. I dunno, it's great writing anyway, I totally bought it until someone mentioned it not being real.

I got a little burned out when a lot of my 'leads' with doing this irl kinda went nowhere and forgot about that literary aspect. I did set myself up to pursue this as a longer project, and it might be the key to kicking me out of a creative slow patch.

Q. G. Pennyworth

No time like the gray days of February to get out there and weird something up :)