News:

Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

The Waffle Iron Lyrics thread

Started by EK WAFFLR, March 03, 2012, 12:30:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

some new stuff.
I like the melody, but the lyrics are meh. Posting anyway.

as if blinded by the setting of the sun
IT takes hold of me guiding me
to where IT wants you to be
I don't want this, dear, but what can I do
IT runs the show now

the pain is all but unbearable
there is a thousand knives in my back
they writhe and coil like snakes
and each one represents
the end of you and me.

http://slesknet.org/MP3/Neverbeen.mp3
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

Triple Zero

Slesknet the site of your band?
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Also I really like the beat that drops in that tune. You could make it "suck" (like a boot stuck in the mud, not in the bad sense--"thump" is maybe the right word) a bit more by applying a compressor to the bass/background sounds, side-chained with the beats.

(meaning that, you know a compressor analyses the input sound for volume and turns it down when it's loud, using the beats for the input sound but applying the volume-turning-down only to the bass+other sounds. possibly even delaying by 50-100ms or so, creating a relative "silence" after the kick. Benni Benassi used this trick to extreme effect in Satisfaction, and I believe--but am not sure--it's also part of the secret in Pendulum's signature thumping snaredrums)

Or not.

But where are the lyrics? I expected to hear your voice any moment! :)
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

minuspace

Quote from: Triple Zero on May 18, 2012, 08:33:31 PM
Also I really like the beat that drops in that tune. You could make it "suck" (like a boot stuck in the mud, not in the bad sense--"thump" is maybe the right word) a bit more by applying a compressor to the bass/background sounds, side-chained with the beats.

(meaning that, you know a compressor analyses the input sound for volume and turns it down when it's loud, using the beats for the input sound but applying the volume-turning-down only to the bass+other sounds. possibly even delaying by 50-100ms or so, creating a relative "silence" after the kick. Benni Benassi used this trick to extreme effect in Satisfaction, and I believe--but am not sure--it's also part of the secret in Pendulum's signature thumping snaredrums)

Or not.

But where are the lyrics? I expected to hear your voice any moment! :)

Essentially you compress the Bass-Track with a side-chain to the BassDrum-Track - and so on for instruments playing in the same frequency range of particular drum beats - to make the sound "pump"?

Triple Zero

"pump", is also a good word, yeah.

I still have to recreate such an effect myself, I know Ableton Live can do it.

I dunno I just heard the track and thought that was cool and could be enhanced this way. But maybe it's not the sound Waffle's going for.

minuspace

Yea, it can also kill the effect of sustained instruments - I guess that's why it works best with short one-shots like in house music.

EK WAFFLR

Thanks for the input, guys!

000: I won't be singing these myself, I think. I haz a singer, we just need to find the time to get together and work on music and other stuff. She (the singer) and the other band member are mid-exams at the moment.
In the meantime, I make sketches and demos, and try to figure out in which direction this will go.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]