Previous topic - Next topic

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Doktor Howl

One day, I'll cave in and buy one.

BUT NOT TODAY!
Molon Lube

Don Coyote

NO I DO NOT HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!!!! WHY????? BECAUSE I AM LIKE THE PLAGUE TO KINDLES!!!! MY PRESENCE DESTROYS THEIR VITAL ESENSE!!!!!!!!!

But I do have a stupidly large number of free ebooks.

Luna

I have had to be very stern with myself...  I sneak to the "Kindle Bestsellers" page and restrict myself to the "Top 100 Free" listings.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Prince Glittersnatch III

The Kindle has taken my normal cycle of not finishing books and amplified it by 10. Normally I buy a batch of books, get halfway through most of them, get a new batch of books, get halfway through them, go back and finish the first batch, and finally get a new batch. Repeat until death.

Now its worse because while in the past I could isolate myself with one book and say "I am going to finish this book" now I have all of them, at all times. I think Im going to sit down and finally finish this book when all of the sudden my ADD kicks in and Im reading Gravitys Rainbow.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Who needs color books?  :?

OK, other than cookbooks and picture books.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 12:21:25 AM

Graphic novels as well.  I have developed a shameful addiction to them.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 10, 2012, 12:23:42 AM

Ohhhh OK, I can get that.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: FUCK OFF on May 10, 2012, 12:35:20 AM

Yeah.

I'm not talking superhero garbage here, I'm talking Ellis and Hickman.  Both of them, incidentally, use color as cues to the storyline.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 10, 2012, 12:40:26 AM

Yeah.

I'm not talking superhero garbage here, I'm talking Ellis and Hickman.  Both of them, incidentally, use color as cues to the storyline.

Yeah, for stuff like that a black and white e-reader would be useless.

Faust

Yeah.

Both of which write superhero comics and both have done it really well. They are amoung the handful of writers willing to make superheros interesting.
For comic reading I would suggest a tablet over a kindle. Screen size and resolution make it more tollerable though nothing beats having the physical copy in your hands.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Luna

Quote from: Faust on May 10, 2012, 08:14:41 AM

Yeah.

Both of which write superhero comics and both have done it really well. They are amoung the handful of writers willing to make superheros interesting.
For comic reading I would suggest a tablet over a kindle. Screen size and resolution make it more tollerable though nothing beats having the physical copy in your hands.

Agreed...  I haven't bought an actual physical BOOK (aside from RPG books) in ages...  But I still get my comics on paper.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Faust on May 10, 2012, 08:14:41 AM

Yeah.

Yes, but they also wrote things that I personally like to read.  Which doesn't include superheros.  Not knocking the genre, I just plain can't stand it myself.
Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 10, 2012, 05:05:54 PM
Not even Doom Patrol?

Nope.  The closest I come is Planetary by Warren Ellis, and only because of the bronze age of pulp feel to it.
Molon Lube