News:

In my heart I knew that rotten testicles and inflamed penises were on the way.

Main Menu

The Temporary People

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, May 14, 2012, 02:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

They don't count, not them. They're Temporary People. They live in houses they don't own, afraid to touch the walls and ceilings lest their Masters withhold their precious savings. They huddle together in sad little enclaves, dreaming wistfully of the day they can leave this place or defiantly claiming the space as theirs. Children call the refugee camp "home." It doesn't matter, they cannot stay. They are forever outsiders here, outsiders everywhere. They will roam the earth forever, wasting away without an education or meaningful employment. The fringes of society. Human refuse. Periodic sweeps of the affected areas are necessary to scare the criminal elements and remind the others of how gracious we have been in tolerating them.

Real People don't live like this. Real People have their own fortresses, white picket moats. Real People don't co-habitate with mice and roaches and roommates. They call the exterminator like the good lord intended.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 14, 2012, 02:08:52 PM
They don't count, not them. They're Temporary People. They live in houses they don't own, afraid to touch the walls and ceilings lest their Masters withhold their precious savings. They huddle together in sad little enclaves, dreaming wistfully of the day they can leave this place or defiantly claiming the space as theirs. Children call the refugee camp "home." It doesn't matter, they cannot stay. They are forever outsiders here, outsiders everywhere. They will roam the earth forever, wasting away without an education or meaningful employment. The fringes of society. Human refuse. Periodic sweeps of the affected areas are necessary to scare the criminal elements and remind the others of how gracious we have been in tolerating them.

Real People don't live like this. Real People have their own fortresses, white picket moats. Real People don't co-habitate with mice and roaches and roommates. They call the exterminator like the good lord intended.

I read the last line as "They call the exterminator like the good landlord intended."

Very nicely done. Reminds me of a childhood spent in fear of tax time when the sheriff deputies would come and threaten our parents with eviction and sharing a bedroom with mice, bats, mold, slime, ice, all manner of bug, and despair.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Q. G. Pennyworth

I feel like there's more here, just not sure if I can go too far down the "lol poor people don't vote" angle without weakening the refugee comparison.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Queen Gogira Pennyworth, BSW on May 15, 2012, 01:57:02 AM
I feel like there's more here, just not sure if I can go too far down the "lol poor people don't vote" angle without weakening the refugee comparison.

You can do eet!
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIRâ„¢
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

wlfjstr

Aren't we all temporary people?  Or are some of us permanent people?

I only sleep with cockroaches so long as it is done with mutual respect.

Doktor Howl

So, we should eliminate refugee camps?  :?
Molon Lube

wlfjstr

No, we should liberate them!

It's all in the spin innit?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 25, 2012, 06:06:05 PM

I think she's mocking the perspective of the sheltered bourgeoisie.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 25, 2012, 09:09:06 PM

My irony thingie is broken.
Molon Lube

wlfjstr

Quote from: Doktor Howl on May 25, 2012, 09:17:28 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on May 25, 2012, 09:09:06 PM

My irony thingie is broken.

I upgraded to goldy, it bends alot, but doesn't break often.

minuspace

I see the socio-economic perspective and raise it to existential - cause that one never gets old, I think.