News:

Your political affiliations, your brand loyalties, and your opinions are all quicker, easier, and contain no user-serviceable parts.

Main Menu

Half-page images

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, January 18, 2012, 05:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Is it intentionally upside-down?
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 07, 2013, 03:17:39 PM
Quote from: Not Your Nigel on October 07, 2013, 03:15:10 PM
Is it intentionally upside-down?

Yes.

Unsolicited advice: Since it is alone on the page, there is nothing to "flip over" when you get to it, there is no obvious "up" or "down" once it's printed out, and it has so much text that I suspect people may be deterred from even reading it to see what it says and find out whether they're interested in printing it. I am not even going to try.

Perhaps you presented it upside-down as a hint that it's meant to be posted upside-down. However, it's so text-heavy that even if it's posted somewhere people are relatively captive, such as the bathroom, I don't think most people will read it at all that way.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Q. G. Pennyworth

Half pages (and spreads like the last two) are being printed in book form, I just exported the image of how it looks in my editor. I can do a right-side-up version if folks want to see, but I figured since it's from Hoopla's Wise Book of Baloney folks here would probably already be familiar enough with the text itself.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 07, 2013, 03:32:10 PM
Half pages (and spreads like the last two) are being printed in book form, I just exported the image of how it looks in my editor. I can do a right-side-up version if folks want to see, but I figured since it's from Hoopla's Wise Book of Baloney folks here would probably already be familiar enough with the text itself.

Oh ok, that makes sense then.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Q. G. Pennyworth

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Q. G. Pennyworth

Nothing to Fear: http://i.imgur.com/5qxPzJw.jpg

I also did layouts for Her Ladyship and I am a Free Woman, but they're not particularly interesting.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on January 28, 2016, 04:36:45 PM
Nothing to Fear: http://i.imgur.com/5qxPzJw.jpg

I also did layouts for Her Ladyship and I am a Free Woman, but they're not particularly interesting.

I'd love to see them, though! I get a printing allowance at school that I'll never use all of, so at the end of the term I try to print fun stuff out and post it up.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Here's the full set of dorky mistborn nonsense. They're slightly more generic now, I won the listserve again and it seemed like a good idea to make stuff more accessible before blasting it at thousands of strangers.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Q. G. Pennyworth

Do you have a copy of the strange times? The layout on that one was particularly good.

Without Permission works well as a full page, too.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on February 01, 2016, 02:40:35 AM
Do you have a copy of the strange times? The layout on that one was particularly good.

Without Permission works well as a full page, too.

I might have those, but on my old computer; I won't be able to transfer my files to my new one until the adapter cable I ordered arrives.