Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Literate Chaotic / Re: Unofficial What are you Reading Thread?
« Last post by Cainad (dec.) on Today at 08:27:26 pm »
Yeah even for me I think the prose gets too purple in some spots (and Iím shamelessly into the style of the earlier books, which influenced my writing for several years and gawd I canít stand to read some of my old shit for that reason).

I think the intent is to generate a dreamlike sense, where nothing is literal. It works best when heís setting scenes with lurid descriptions of things like smells and textures, but gets kinda hard to follow when itís supposed to be a characterís inner thoughts.
Principia Discussion / Re: Discordianism vs. Subgenius
« Last post by Hoopla on Today at 07:12:06 pm »
It's kind of funny how some people will say they "get" the idea behind the Pope cards (and maybe even remember the twist in Illuminatus!) but still fall in line regarding Greyface.

You can bring a Pope to knowledge,
but you can't make 'em think.

Newsfeed.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Today at 06:31:04 pm »
So Jones (D-SC) and Collins and Murkowski are going to vote to confrm Kavanaugh.  :rogpipe:
« Last post by MMIX on Today at 06:10:41 pm »
Well, that was a shitshow, but it doesn't seem to be a world-ending one.  That we know of....

But watching the US President standing next to the Russian one and trashing his own intelligence services was a novel experience

President Donald Trump was asked outright if he believed his own intelligence agencies or the Russian president when it came to the allegations of meddling in the elections - and if he would denounce Russia with "the world watching".

Mr Trump dodged the question.

ďPeople came to me, [national intelligence director] Dan Coates came to me and some others, they said they think itís Russia," Mr Trump said.

"President Putin says itís not Russia. I donít see any reason why it should be.Ē

Maybe I'm just not very smart, but that doesn't read like a "dodge" to me.  "I don't see any reason why it should be" is accepting the word of Putin over the DNI.

I am no longer surprised by anything he does.
"President Trump says itís not Russian collusion. I donít see any reason why it shouldn't be.Ē
[/misquote]

Literate Chaotic / Re: Letting People Fend for Themselves
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Today at 05:26:03 pm »
What is the problem with letting people fend for themselves?

Why do so many people develop that 'heroic' tendency to swoop in when there is a perceived injustice?

For me personally, when I see somebody drop money or a credit card, or if I see somebody dent a car and then speed off - I don't do shit.

In fact, I am liable to keep my eyes on the dropped money and try to swoop in and grab it if nobody is looking.

BUT

When I see people being personally and needlessly interfered with - a woman on the bus getting harrassed by a drunk, or a kid getting his ass whooped by bigger people, I can't stop myself from stepping in.

I am just now seeing this and bumping it back.

At what point are the first two examples different from the last?
« Last post by Cain on Today at 05:20:50 pm »
Well, that was a shitshow, but it doesn't seem to be a world-ending one.  That we know of....

But watching the US President standing next to the Russian one and trashing his own intelligence services was a novel experience

President Donald Trump was asked outright if he believed his own intelligence agencies or the Russian president when it came to the allegations of meddling in the elections - and if he would denounce Russia with "the world watching".

Mr Trump dodged the question.

ďPeople came to me, [national intelligence director] Dan Coates came to me and some others, they said they think itís Russia," Mr Trump said.

"President Putin says itís not Russia. I donít see any reason why it should be.Ē

Maybe I'm just not very smart, but that doesn't read like a "dodge" to me.  "I don't see any reason why it should be" is accepting the word of Putin over the DNI.
« Last post by Cain on Today at 03:27:35 pm »
He was probably telling one of his long, winding, pointless stories where he repeats himself over and over again.  He does have form for that, and by all accounts it's been getting worse over the the past year.

But he was also maybe signing the Crimea away, after trying to locate an atlas and find it.  Apparently the press briefing is due to start in a few minutes, so lets see.
« Last post by MMIX on Today at 03:16:17 pm »
Anyway, the Trump-Putin summit ran over time, even taking into account the pathetic "I'll show up late, now I'll show up late" one upmanship Putin and Trump were doing.

No word yet on what was discusssed behind closed doors.

I bet I know why it ran long . . .

'cos Trump couldn't find his arse with an atlas
« Last post by Cain on Today at 03:04:00 pm »
Anyway, the Trump-Putin summit ran over time, even taking into account the pathetic "I'll show up late, now I'll show up late" one upmanship Putin and Trump were doing.

No word yet on what was discusssed behind closed doors.
« Last post by Cain on Today at 12:48:30 pm »
I just remember him trying to shit all over me back in the day for it, despite it being done out in the open and pretty obviously.  So I'm feeling quite vindicated right now.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10