Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10
Literate Chaotic / Re: ITT: Original Story Ideas
« Last post by Prelate Diogenes Shandor on Today at 05:43:36 am »
In the future genetic editing of embryos is commonplace. As a result of patents choosing traits for their children that make the children easier to raise and/or that reflect the values of their cultures every ethnicity has become a monoculture of conventionally good looking, straight, conformist nitwits who are all naturally talented at whatever profession their culture overvalues the most (actors, athletes, musicians, and lawyers in america) but nothing else, and who often look like exaggerated stereotypes of their ethnicity. Society begins to stagnate and collapse. A third World War occurs and is won by some of the poorer African nations, who didn't have the money to use the technology on anything but eliminating disorders. ]These surviving nations, however, are subsequently wiped out by an outbreak of quinine resistant malaria.

EDIT:
Another idea:

QWERTY Ouija boards
Aneristic Illusions / Re: UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?
« Last post by Faust on Yesterday at 11:05:34 pm »
SNP/Labour MP's want to introduce a bill that would revoke article 50 automatically if a deal isn't struck, if they do that it would defang Mays burning down the clock. It's even something I could see the DUP supporting that, as it maintains the integrity of NI with the rest of the Union.
But that is probably just me wishing. In this, the worst of all realities, the worst possible outcome will be stumbled into through indecision, can kicking and confusion as to what each option means.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: UK General Election 8th June: Shake it all about?
« Last post by Cain on Yesterday at 05:08:18 pm »
Brexit continues to go well.

Corbyn has confirmed that the DUP and ERG are hypocrites who would rather hold onto power than oust May when given the chance....but little else. 

May's plan is pretty clear.  She's going to run this up to to the wire, forcing the choice between her deal or no deal.  It's the obvious and indeed only play she can make.

What's less clear is what she and everyone else will do when her deal is voted down anyway.  May is pre-emptively ruling out a second referendum.  The only time a vote doesn't mean yes the first time is when people vote for Tory leader, it seems.  I have heard it floated that she wants to try and somehow poll MPs to find an acceptable solution.

However, that doesn't change the big issue that the EU says this offer is the only offer on the table.

It's going to be a fun 3 months.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: Random News Stories
« Last post by Cain on Yesterday at 05:00:30 pm »
I am in favour of nunchuks being legal because then I know which wannabe ninjas I do not have to take seriously.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: Random News Stories
« Last post by LMNO on Yesterday at 04:48:19 pm »
If nunchucks are outlawed, only outlaws will have nunchucks.

https://apple.news/AmeuhyCCgQY2IPoZweyNmlA
Aneristic Illusions / Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Last post by Cain on Yesterday at 05:52:59 am »
Posting to save for use elsewhere:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/4-main-takeaways-from-new-reports-on-russiaís-2016-election-interference/ar-BBR5xVW?ocid=spartanntp

Also, Cain, how accurate do you find this to be?

All seems to fall in line with what is being reported elsewhere, in previous reports and based on my own experience.

They wanted to energize and enrage conservatives and depress the black vote presumably on the basis of increasing the turnout for Trump and decreasing it for Clinton.  And the techn companies turned a blind eye to what was happening because they were getting mad advertising revenue for it (paid in RUBLES in some cases) and then covered up how aware they were of the problem.
Apple Talk / Re: Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court
« Last post by Doktor Howl on Yesterday at 05:20:16 am »
Kiddo is getting a bone marrow biopsy Thursday.  Here's hoping it turns out normal.

Here's hoping.   :)
Apple Talk / Re: Open Bar: Drinks are on the Supreme Court
« Last post by Trivial on Yesterday at 04:58:02 am »
Kiddo is getting a bone marrow biopsy Thursday.  Here's hoping it turns out normal.
Aneristic Illusions / Re: General Trump hilarity free-for-all thread
« Last post by chaotic neutral observer on December 17, 2018, 11:19:27 pm »
You guys have probably exposed yourself to more Qanon stuff than I have. I've heard of them before, probably here, but this was the first of their propaganda I have listened to, and I have to say I found it pretty hilarious, but I think 13 minutes of listening to a guy do 4th grade math problems and turn them into sentences is probably just about my limit.

QAnon is crazytown, and crazytown is always the same.

Once you've gawked at the Flat Earth monument, and visited the Time Cube museum, there's nothing more to see.  Best to leave town before you catch brain parasites.

I generally find numerology too stupid to be funny.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 10