News:

There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old's life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.

Main Menu

Attention, you snotty little lurking bastards:

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, February 07, 2012, 07:53:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 08, 2012, 08:56:11 PM
Ok, I may have something to work with.

I'm gonna try to wriote something tomorrow. Maybe we should start a common thread for this, in TFYS, so it doesn't get too spagged by threadjacking.

You start it, and I will write in it.  I'd like to challenge others to write in it as well.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 08:57:21 PM

I'm gonna try to wriote something tomorrow. Maybe we should start a common thread for this, in TFYS, so it doesn't get too spagged by threadjacking.

You start it, and I will write in it.  I'd like to challenge others to write in it as well.

I will see if I can get my head in gear, or at least out of gear in interesting ways.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on February 08, 2012, 08:59:34 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 08:57:21 PM

I will see if I can get my head in gear, or at least out of gear in interesting ways.

When I used to write content for a paycheck (WAY back in the dim, dark 90s), I learned something:  You still have to write, even when the muse isn't kicking you.  And there's a trick to it.

I just stare at the screen until drops of blood form on my forehead.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Rev

Has a thread been started for this yet? I may want to give it a try too.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Charley Brown on February 08, 2012, 11:47:02 PM

LMNO is going to start one, I think.

I'm just writing it all in Word until the starting gun goes off.

The Rev

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 11:47:45 PM

Good idea, I'll see if I can't get something going tomorrow.

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 08:47:04 PM
Quote from: Nigel on February 08, 2012, 08:44:51 PM
If we are to play with the BIP metaphor, I see divisive issues, such as abortion and gay marriage, as the bars that keep the prisoners from gaining access to the yard. The reality is that all of the prisoners want basically the same things--food, shelter, health, companionship--but those are the bars that keep them from talking to each other about their commonalities. If they could move those bars, they could meet in the wide open and work cooperatively to get their needs met, rather than toiling away alone and isolated.

For me, I plan to write about what FEAR has done to the national character in the last two decades, and how that fear has caused people to ignore injustice that isn't actually happening to them...Which is, of course, a prison all its own, as you have been isolated from the rest of humanity.

Watch for something along these lines in Aneristic Illusions in the next couple of days. I was asked by a friend to break down the NDAA and came up with an awesome story of how to go about eroding civil liberties by separating them from the concept of human rights.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Freeky

For the record, I've kind of agreed with the whole "PD is turning into tv" thing for a little while, and what makes it worse is that people have their favorite shows, and fuck anything else that's on because it isn't like their show.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 09, 2012, 02:46:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 11:47:45 PM

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,31613.0.html

On it.  I'm taking Enabler back to the dentist in 5 minutes, but when I get back, the first of two articles will be completed and posted.  They both have the same title, but approach the issue in absolutely opposite ways.

LMNO

The Rev

Thanks, LMNO. I don't know if I have a part 2 in me or not!

kingyak

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 08, 2012, 08:28:27 PM
Quote from: Nigel on February 08, 2012, 08:25:14 PM
Where my head is right now, I would love to do a project of writings on the subject of alienation, from an optimistic approach.

Oddly enough, I'm working on something as Doktor Howl called "You're A Whole Different Person When You're Scared.", which was, IIRC, a Warren Zevon song title back just before he died.  I didn't like the song much, but the title gave me all kinds of ideas.

I'd like to do it as part of your idea for a collaborative project, mostly because I can only squeeze about 3 pages out of the idea.

Zevon, co-written by Hunter S. Thompson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m31P_yMIw4M

I might have something along the lines of what Nigel was talking about for this, time permitting.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro."-HST

Triple Zero

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on February 09, 2012, 07:04:21 AMFor the record, I've kind of agreed with the whole "PD is turning into tv" thing for a little while, and what makes it worse is that people have their favorite shows, and fuck anything else that's on because it isn't like their show.

I don't quite understand what you mean here, but it intrigues me, especially the last bit. Could you elaborate?

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on February 09, 2012, 02:46:42 PMhttp://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,31613.0.html

Cool. Is that also where I should post the photos from the photo thing that Luna suggested? Because I just did that, grabbed my camera before I went shopping (actually no I went out to shoot the photos, but when it got too dark I was near the supermarket) ANYWAY, I'm going to sort them out for dupes and out-of-focus crap etc, maybe crop some of em a bit, then upload and post. I think I got some pretty good ones, with stuff that could inspire someone or maybe even go with what's already written.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

LMNO

I think there's another thread around here for pictures... Lemme go look.