News:

It is our goal to harrass and harangue you ever further toward our own incoherent brand of horse-laugh radicalism.

Main Menu

FWD: Testing

Started by Captain Utopia, July 17, 2009, 04:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trippinprincezz13

HAI GUIZE!! I FOUND THIS WICKED COOL PICTURE!!!!!! WHAT DO YOU SEE?!?!

There's no sun shine coming through her ass, if you are sure of your penis.

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on July 17, 2009, 08:31:17 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 17, 2009, 08:17:48 PM
Off topic:  DC - noticed your latest avatar but only that it was different. Actually looked at it now and it made me LOL
It makes me giggle and get creeped out all at once. Therefore, I had to inflict it on PDCOM. :D

I keep giggling every time I look at it. It's mesmerizing.  :lol:

Paranoia is a disease unto itself, and may I add, the person standing next to you, may not be who they appear to be, so take precaution.

If there is no order in your sexual life it may be difficult to stay with a whole skin.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 17, 2009, 08:36:27 PM
lol what? Don't believe I ever used the words "beneath me".  Merely that I didn't feel like doing it because I've done it so it's not really spectacularly amazing to me. A newer mind-trick/illusion/whatever, I'd be game, but it's the same with a lot of the visual illusions I see online lately. I'll them a go, but unless it's really really cool for reals then I'm not going to spend my time looking at the same illusion over and over. Simple as that. I'm still not sure what I'm proving that I'm above, but I'm responding to this thread because I'm bored and feel like it. Need some way to make the rest of my work last the next hour and half I'm gonna be here.
It's not the individual illusion that I find interesting either. Just the fact that it's an example of hypnosis-by-email, it's fairly sophisticated, and I think that's worthy of discussion.

Of course, you can't as easily determine how sophisticated it is until you've faced it naked and unaware, then defeated it.

I'll stop analysing your motivations - bad habit - sorry!

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Darth Cupcake on July 17, 2009, 08:13:58 PM
Haven't been able to find it yet.

Starts out with first post. Lots of people point out that it's old news and they are disinterested. It is defended with weak arguments that are also fairly old news. We arrive here.
The arc of this thread is pretty much what I expected. I couldn't think of a better way to present it. No-one has come out and said "Unknown persons hypnotising people through chain-mail for unknown reasons is uninteresting and old-news - check the FAQ". Until then, I guess we're having separate conversations.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 08:49:39 PM
Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on July 17, 2009, 08:36:27 PM
lol what? Don't believe I ever used the words "beneath me".  Merely that I didn't feel like doing it because I've done it so it's not really spectacularly amazing to me. A newer mind-trick/illusion/whatever, I'd be game, but it's the same with a lot of the visual illusions I see online lately. I'll them a go, but unless it's really really cool for reals then I'm not going to spend my time looking at the same illusion over and over. Simple as that. I'm still not sure what I'm proving that I'm above, but I'm responding to this thread because I'm bored and feel like it. Need some way to make the rest of my work last the next hour and half I'm gonna be here.
It's not the individual illusion that I find interesting either. Just the fact that it's an example of hypnosis-by-email, it's fairly sophisticated, and I think that's worthy of discussion.

Of course, you can't as easily determine how sophisticated it is until you've faced it naked and unaware, then defeated it.

I'll stop analysing your motivations - bad habit - sorry!

I think first you'd have to mount a credible defense for claiming its hypnosis by email. As of yet I've seen no compelling reason to think this.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

BADGE OF HONOR

Quote from: Iptuous on July 17, 2009, 06:51:22 PM
Quote from: BADGE OF HONOR on July 17, 2009, 06:12:19 PM
Finding a copy of Poker Without Cards = effort.  And I like this name.

there's a link-o to a pdf in the thread....
i think that's going to be a requirement for any book we choose, that it be available in pdf for all to read....

I can;t read long blocks of text on computer screen.

PS the OP should quit having a temper tantrum because we're not behaving like you want us to behave.
The Jerk On Bike rolled his eyes and tossed the waffle back over his shoulder--before it struck the ground, a stout, disconcertingly monkey-like dog sprang into the air and snatched it, and began to masticate it--literally--for the sound it made was like a homonculus squatting on the floor muttering "masticate masticate masticate".

AFK

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 08:56:37 PM
Quote from: Darth Cupcake on July 17, 2009, 08:13:58 PM
Haven't been able to find it yet.

Starts out with first post. Lots of people point out that it's old news and they are disinterested. It is defended with weak arguments that are also fairly old news. We arrive here.
The arc of this thread is pretty much what I expected. I couldn't think of a better way to present it. No-one has come out and said "Unknown persons hypnotising people through chain-mail for unknown reasons is uninteresting and old-news - check the FAQ". Until then, I guess we're having separate conversations.

Umm, I think most of the posts on the first page were saying that. 

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 17, 2009, 08:59:33 PM
I think first you'd have to mount a credible defense for claiming its hypnosis by email. As of yet I've seen no compelling reason to think this.
It's via email. It's hypnosis because it implants a suggestion which the conscious mind has difficulty contradicting, and in most cases, not at all.

I did present some of the observable techniques used here.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 09:06:51 PM
Quote from: Ratatosk on July 17, 2009, 08:59:33 PM
It's via email. It's hypnosis because it implants a suggestion which the conscious mind has difficulty contradicting, and in most cases, not at all.

I did present some of the observable techniques used here.

Seems to me that YOU think  its hypnosis... Personally, for me, I think its a physiological phenomena which you can control with concentration. If you, personally, were not able to control it without psyching yourself up, that seems, in my opinion, to say more about your neurological system than hypnosis via email.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on July 17, 2009, 09:02:13 PM

If you can spell it out for me, I'll happily shut up. The first post on the first page which gives anything remotely specific, refers to phys-ed in the 6th grade, which is definitely not what we're talking about now.

trippinprincezz13

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 09:10:41 PM

If you can spell it out for me, I'll happily shut up. The first post on the first page which gives anything remotely specific, refers to phys-ed in the 6th grade, which is definitely not what we're talking about now.

What we seem to be talking about now is you trying to make one thing into something it's not so you can feel like you stumbled across something amazing.

By the way, did you see the wicked cool picture I posted above?

AFK

Quote from: fictionpuss on July 17, 2009, 09:10:41 PM

If you had to guess, what do you think this  :| means?  Do you think it means, "Holy cow man, you just totally blew my mind there!" or, maybe, just maybe, it means, chirping crickets/you're boring me kid?  Which do you think it is?  Also, there was a post, just above the post about 6th grade, that spelled it out pretty clearly that this is a "been there/done that/boring" thing.  

Finally, the fact that I've had to explain this much to you doesn't bode well.  

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Ratatosk on July 17, 2009, 09:09:30 PM
Seems to me that YOU think  its hypnosis... Personally, for me, I think its a physiological phenomena which you can control with concentration. If you, personally, were not able to control it without psyching yourself up, that seems, in my opinion, to say more about your neurological system than hypnosis via email.
What basis/evidence do you have that it's primarily physiological? I've seen references to "patting your head and rubbing your tummy" which everyone was pretty much exposed to as a kid. For me that proves nothing, in my experience that was usually accompanied by a "hey - bet you can't do this".. which puts it back into the territory which I'm describing.

There was no "psyching" or effort involved, just simply a "I'm not going to believe this any more". But I agree that a sample size of one is meaningless.. hence..

trippinprincezz13

Also, it is now 4:15 and I only have 45 more minutes left of work. Where did the time go?

I must have hypnotized myself with the internet to make time go faster!! OMG WTF you guys?!