News:

Testimonial: "This board is everything that's fucking wrong with the internet"

Main Menu

Unlimited "Israel, What the fuck" thread

Started by Junkenstein, November 26, 2013, 11:21:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

This entire episode is dumb as fuck, even by the low standards of the Israeli/Palestine conflict.

Israel - ask for dumb as fuck pre-guarantees in regards to talks with Hamas
Hamas - reject dumb as fuck pre-talk guarantees, despite being obviously a trap
Israel - freak the fuck out over three murders, even though the likelihood that Hamas is guilty is very low
Hamas - stick the boot in about the three murders, making them look even more guilty than they actually are
Israel - some dumbfucks kidnap and kill an Arab Israeli in retaliation for the murders.  Israel escalates searchs and detention of Palestinians.
Hamas - blindly fires rockets into Israeli territory.  All fail to hurt anyone.
Israel - launches massive airstrikes in retaliation.  Deploys illegal weaponry designed to kill civilians, mulls turning water off/denying food to Gaza.  Attacks UN buildings and critical infrastructure instead of Hamas strongholds.
Hamas - keeps firing missiles, despite the fact they're clearly not working.
Israel - lets retards run around acting like Nazis on social media ("kill 1000 Palestinians for every Israeli", "killing Arabs gives me an orgasm" etc) in order to whip up the bloodthirsty dumbfucks into more murders.  Deploy ground forces into Gaza, to compound dumbfuckery.

This is the kind of dumbfuckery that makes me all nostalgic, reminding me as it does of the Bush years.

Cain

Also, this:

QuoteBut how did Israel come to occupy Gaza in the first place? Well, in the Six Day War in June, 1967 Israel conquered Gaza (along with the West Bank, the Golan Heights and the Sinai).

Israel shot first in the Six Day War, and, as Israeli Prime Minister Menachem Begin later explained, it was a "war of choice" and there was "no proof" that Arab countries were going to attack them.

So what justification did Israel give at the time for shooting first? They said that in fact they hadn't started the war, because Egypt had already started it by blockading an Israeli port several weeks before.

QuoteBy Israel's standards, Hamas has been entitled (since the start of the blockade in 2007) to invade Israel and then occupy it for forty years.

Junkenstein

QuoteThis is the kind of dumbfuckery that makes me all nostalgic, reminding me as it does of the Bush years.

I can't help but wonder, which one?

As for:
Quote"kill 1000 Palestinians for every Israeli"

It's pretty fucking disturbing that the ratio is already at something like 250/300:1. I think it's fairly safe to say that the unity government is pretty fucked for the forseeable future. Which I'm sure was not the intent here at all.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Israel's political culture is pretty sick.  A lot of it reminds me of Amurrica circa 2003...you probably remember those years as almost a fever dream of dumbfuckery, exaltation in violence and crass racism.

Israel's smaller than America, and it's also been boiling longer.  I really worry that, one day, they'll go way over the edge and entirely beyond the pale, unless things change and soon.  Their political institutions can only hold for so long against the forces they've unleashed.

Junkenstein

Beyond the obvious (attacking a place that isn't Palestine), how could you actually tell if they've gone over the edge? A lot of behaviours since the second intifada just keep begging for Godwins law and it's increasingly impossible to ignore now.

Unfortunately, I guess this is what happens when you establish a country on religious grounds with the political leaders obsessed with the idea that they're the chosen ones and then support it at all costs regardless of potential consequences. Hard to believe that could cause problems.

It's interesting how you compare it to the US in around 2003. A lot of the settlers, particularly in somewhat disputed regions seem to be the Israeli answer to the Tea party. They're largely religious fanatics with no concern for anything beyond their own interests and even they own government is struggling to control them. Of course, there's plenty in the government who have no interest in controlling them as they help prevent a 2 state solution ever being viable.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Cain

Well, when they start going officially after Arabs inside their core territory, that will be a bad sign.  Most countries will accept bad behaviour "on the frontier", which Gaza is to Israel.  More or less.   But if they start importing the concentration camp style tactics back into the Israeli core, or escalate them outside of them...then they'll be heading straight into Godwin territory.

Suu

But gee, didn't you know that according to conservatives and Libertarians, it's okay for Israel to do this as retaliation for the Holocaust. Or something. You know, gotta blow off all that steam, because the war of 1948 wasn't enough.

Meanwhile, one of my good friends, who happens to be Jewish, when hearing of this little nuance, simply went, "Oh cool, I'm just going to start killing a bunch of Lutherans in America. Why not? I gotta help the motherland meet a fucking quota, apparently."
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

von

Quote from: The Suu on July 18, 2014, 02:55:10 PM
But gee, didn't you know that according to conservatives and Libertarians, it's okay for Israel to do this as retaliation for the Holocaust. Or something. You know, gotta blow off all that steam, because the war of 1948 wasn't enough.

The only "conservatives" I know who support israel are those campy asshole, televangelised christians who take their cues from shitdicks like John Hagee...or AIPAC funded shitdick politicians.

Outside of that, on the ground, I don't know anyone who supports israel as a state...

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: von on July 19, 2014, 12:50:23 AM

The only "conservatives" I know who support israel are those campy asshole, televangelised christians who take their cues from shitdicks like John Hagee...or AIPAC funded shitdick politicians.

Outside of that, on the ground, I don't know anyone who supports israel as a state...

Texas GOP.

Cain

Quote from: von on July 19, 2014, 12:50:23 AM

So, apart from the majority of conservatives, conservatives do not support Israel.  Good to know.

Suu

I know way too many people who support Israel. I must be surrounded by evangelists.

My husband hasn't voiced any opinion, but he's really not allowed to either as long as he's active duty.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Cain

It's a popular position among Democrats, too.

The real question is why political support is so strong among the political classes, when only 51% of Americans feel more sympathy with Israelis than Palestinians.  And that comes back to lobbying, pressure groups.

Ben Shapiro

Junkenstein

Escalation continues, toll up to around 600 Palestinians and 30 or so Israeli soldiers. Hamas claiming it's captured a soldier. Israel denies.
Edit - Apparently Israel now claims there's "one soldier missing". We're obviously talking about a different chap as the guy couldn't possibly be missing in Hamas custody. I suspect some people need a lesson on what "missing" means.

Propaganda to follow from everyone.

Junkenstein

Quote from: Triggered word /b/ear on July 19, 2014, 05:47:57 PM
Don't know if daily mail is good source. If it's true. LOL FRANCE LOL.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2697194/Outrage-France-country-world-ban-pro-Palestine-demos.html

For reference, the paper and it's online version are possibly one of the worst sources in existence for numerous reasons. Here's a few:
- Obession with young female "celebrities". Search "all grown up" on there and then wonder why there's such a problem with paedophilia in the UK.
-Lazy journalism - Many stories are lifted pretty much verbatim from actual journalists.
-Evil proprietor - This applies to pretty much all UK tabloids and here's no different.
(bold mine, and at time of posting was on the wiki article, amusingly.)
Quotehttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jonathan_Harmsworth,_4th_Viscount_Rothermere

He has Non-Domicile tax status and owns his media businesses through a complex structure of offshore holdings and trusts which entail him paying almost no UK tax on his income, investments or wealth. He still benefits from the advantages of being British, what a cheat

Equally evil editor - Paul "Mugabe" Dacre. Jesus, how long have you got?

QuoteOn other occasions, the Mail under Dacre has been criticised for its racist attitude towards the stories it chooses to cover. Nick Davies recounts an anecdote from a former senior news reporter who en route to a murder scene of a woman and her two children 300 miles away was told to return because: "They're black [the victims]."[26] Davies comments: "Perhaps I have been unlucky, but I have never come across a reporter from the Daily Mail who did not have some similar story, of black people being excluded from the paper because of their colour."

Quote Conrad Black, a convicted fraudster and ex-proprietor of the Telegraph papers, considers him "a saturnine and capricious manipulator"

If you're not familiar with Conrad, have a quick look at his various antics and you'll piss yourself laughing too.

QuoteDacre has a reputation towards underlings of "verbal abuse [and] a drill sergeant's delight in public humiliation"[54] which also includes verbal abuse.[16] According to Nick Davies in his book Flat Earth News[55] his staff call his morning editorial meetings the "Vagina Monologues" because of his habit of calling everybody a "cunt".

I could go on, at length. There is very little good to say about the Daily Heil or anyone involved with it.