News:

PD.com: "I'M MADDER THAN FISH GREASE!"

Main Menu

G.A.S GASM

Started by Roaring Biscuit!, May 03, 2009, 02:29:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Novatore

eventually your gonna get clogged arteries maybe you should excercise a bit switch up your diet, eat more veggies.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Novatore on May 03, 2009, 07:05:59 PM
eventually your gonna get clogged arteries maybe you should excercise a bit switch up your diet, eat more veggies.

:bacon:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Novatore on May 03, 2009, 06:57:54 PM
why not crimethinc?

Hmm...  a dastardly plan...

frame crimethinc for petty prankery...  then sow some links between crimethinc and an over-arching organisation, that probably displays the opposite ideologies, just to throw people a bit, start using some cryptic symbols, and I'll have recreated the Illuminatus! trilogy in the modern(er) world... without the fuck off submarine... though how hard can that be to fake?

x

Novatore

Quote from: TSosBR! on May 03, 2009, 07:08:47 PM
why not crimethinc?

Hmm...  a dastardly plan...

frame crimethinc for petty prankery...  then sow some links between crimethinc and an over-arching organisation, that probably displays the opposite ideologies, just to throw people a bit, start using some cryptic symbols, and I'll have recreated the Illuminatus! trilogy in the modern(er) world... without the fuck off submarine... though how hard can that be to fake?

x

probably not that hard ive met a couple of crimethinc'ers they are a paranoid lot. but they know how to party. What Crimethinc is a Scientologist plot, did i hear that correctly.

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Roaring Biscuit!

Right, here's how i think it should be "organised"

Comical/Prankster anarchist movement - possible discordian references etc.  (Name suggestions?)

linked to:

Crimethinc.

linked to:

Overarching syndicate, possibly with many illumniatus style references, or maybe... zalgo?
Ideally something a bit more obscure than those, 'cause people need to believe :)  Anyone know of any largely unheard of cults/secret society we could use to pin this on?

x

also, had another mild mindfuck idea.  My city is on a river, so i might see if i can replace some of the life rings with those blow-up rubber rings for kids... or maybe inflatable crocodiles... i'll see whats available :)

Novatore

DONT KNOW HOW COLD IT GETS IN YOUR AREA
heh sorry
but you can create pretty surreal art using steam vents
cobbling together bags and ducktaping them to the vent
ov course this isnt exactly enviro friendly
i suppose neither is throughing rubber rings into the river

shit
Tea Baggin
why not start a tea party

Roaring Biscuit!

Quote from: Novatore on May 03, 2009, 07:43:58 PM
DONT KNOW HOW COLD IT GETS IN YOUR AREA
heh sorry
but you can create pretty surreal art using steam vents
cobbling together bags and ducktaping them to the vent
ov course this isnt exactly enviro friendly
i suppose neither is throughing rubber rings into the river

shit
Tea Baggin
why not start a tea party

i dont think there are any steam vents here...  least not any ive seen...

i wasnt going to put the rings in the river, the life rings are on stands along the pathways near the river, just replace life rings with kiddy toys, instant hilarity :)

Novatore

oh word definately, especially the ones that look like ducks

Roaring Biscuit!

I've had more thoughts

Basically, it looks something like this:

The Gxxn Axx Sxxx:  An "organisation" with strong ties to discordianism, which provides some framework fro people to hang their prankery on, but is stressed as being a largely harmless organisation.  Links are then made with some of the philosophies of crimethinc, basically painting the picture of GAS as a delocalised, fun-loving arm of crimethinc.

I'll also whip up a logo that has obvious crimethinc affiliations.

So now we have crimethinc above GAS in the hierarchy...  This is good, because if people do start to get in trouble, we can cut the links here claiming that the GAS -> crimethinc association was bollocks.

But we can still preserve the next level...  :)

The Zenith of Angelic Liberation and Gnostic Orthodoxy

This is a religious cult movement, with some hints saying they had a hand in the founding of crimethinc, as a way to control opposition, this claim can be further "verified" by links between the their symbology, that is the leaders of the Zenith (five of course) are refered to as the dark hand -->  crimethinc logo is a hand print.

the Zenith will claim to be behind every religious massacre etc. for thousands of years, and to have infiltrated/created a number of countercultural groups in order to manipulate them, and thus create an image of the counterculture that especially alienates those of the religious right who "share" their views.

Backstory of the Zenith will have to be pretty complex, and their actual motives will remain unknown... for now ;)

Plus, absolutely no direct mentions of ZALGO..

Then @ some point i suggest we liquidize this thread to cover our tracks ;)

x

EDIT:  removed all full name references to GAS...

tsosbr!,
covers its tracks...  maybe an incy bit paranoid though..

Iron Sulfide

Quote from: Cainad on May 03, 2009, 06:02:39 PM
Quote from: Cramulus on May 03, 2009, 05:57:16 PM
I don't like the part where cops will begin investigating the local Discordian Society

I think this could be avoided by removing all Discordian references from the gag, if we're willing to do that. Seems a shame, but it would prevent religious discrimination against our little cult.

Flase Flags. I recommend the pastafarians. if people end up thinking it was funny and worthwhile, the worst that will happen is they will claim credit and we'll have more reason to war with them.

Quote from: TSosBR! on May 03, 2009, 05:33:29 PM
Quote from: Cainad on May 03, 2009, 05:25:33 PM
Balls. I was worried about that. :sad:

There is always a loophole.  I'm not going to actually be "distributing" them as such, not in the dealer type manner anyways, people will hopefully just jump to conclusions when they see a load of brown powder in a clear plastic bag.

As long as you don't actually sell anything, you have done nothing wrong.

There is no "dishonesty crime" (read as fraud) because you have not lied to anyone about what the product is.

There is no drugs crime because there are no drugs.

But novatores point about bio-degradability is a point that may need looking into, i'm a bit of a hippy bout that sort of thing.

ECH is right on this one. They can call fake selling/distribution any number of things (intent, fraud, unlicensed sales/distribution etc...). you'd have to get pretty fucking clever with this for there to me little or no risk. Malaclypse in Illuminatus! did something like this with vans transporting Cocain that blatently said "Cocain Distribution" until local authorities were conditioned to ignore these hoaxers. I dunno if something like that would work today.

why not crimethinc?

really? you can do better than tht, i'm sure.
Ya' stupid Yank.