News:

I just don't understand any kind of absolute egalitarianism philosophy. Whether it's branded as anarcho-capitalism or straight anarchism or sockfucking libertarianism, it always misses the same point.

Main Menu

Random News Stories

Started by Thurnez Isa, December 29, 2006, 04:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on October 06, 2012, 06:44:34 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on October 04, 2012, 07:00:02 PM
:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
'Drunken' Broker Sent Oil to 8-Month High in 2009: Report
QuoteOn June 30, 2009, oil mysteriously jumped by more than $1.50 a barrel during the night, to reach its highest price in eight months, the kind of swing that is caused by a major geopolitical event.

The amazing, true cause of this price spike has now been released by a Financial Services Authority investigation (FSA).

Although not authorized to invest company cash in trades, Steve Perkins, a long standing, senior broker at PVM Oil Futures, had managed to spend $520 million on oil futures contracts throughout the night, the FSA said.

On the morning of the 30th, an admin clerk called Perkins to ask why he had bought 7 million barrels of crude during the night. Perkins had no recollection of the transactions, and it turned out that he had made the trades during a "drunken blackout," according to the FSA.

By the time PVM realized the transactions had not been authorized by a client, they had incurred losses of $9,763,252.

Between the hours of 1:22 a.m. and 3:41 a.m., Perkins gradually bought 69 percent of the global market, while driving prices up from $71.40 to $73.05, by bidding higher each time.

At 6:30 a.m., presumably sobering up and realizing what he'd done, he sent a message to his managing director claiming an unwell relative meant he would not be able to make it into work.

Following an official investigation Perkins admitted to having a drink problem, had his trading license revoked for five years, and was given a fine of £72,000 ($116,878).

The FSA has said that they will re-approve his license after the five-year period, if he has recovered from his drinking problem, although they warned that,"Mr Perkins poses an extreme risk to the market when drunk."

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

That's fucking HILARIOUS.

Wow!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

inode_buddha

http://deadspin.com/5949617/the-iron-sheik-offers-his-thoughts-on-the-hulk-hogan-sex-tape

Proving what guys have suspected for decades:

"Hulk Hogan have the sex with some dumb bitch on the TV. The girl smart if she make the $$ from his bald ass but she also desperate to have sex with the howdy doody like Hulk Hogan. He worse than Mel Gibson and I think now %10000 he prove he have grasshopper dick and raisin balls."

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:
C|N>K

Nephew Twiddleton

So the body of a missing grad student was pulled out of the charles yesterday. Apparently he was padlocked to a cinderblock.

Nephew Twiddleton

How did i get yesterdays paper? Sorry it was two days ago. Anyway his name was jonathan dailey and he was found ner the boston university bridge.

In other news prolife politician urged his mistress to get an abortion:

news.yahoo.com/transcript-rep-desjarlais-urged-abortion-173353830.html

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on October 11, 2012, 04:11:42 PM
So the body of a missing grad student was pulled out of the charles yesterday. Apparently he was padlocked to a cinderblock.

Boston. The Charles. Concrete shoes.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Nephew Twiddleton

Cain

The FBI have valiantly foiled yet another terrorist plot of their own making

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-19985987

QuoteUS officials have arrested a man for plotting to detonate what he thought was a massive bomb in front of the Federal Reserve building in New York.

Quazi Mohammad Rezwanul Ahsan Nafis, 21, of Bangladesh, travelled to the US with the intent of planning a terrorist attack, the FBI said.

Mr Nafis was arrested after he allegedly attempted to detonate what he thought was a 1,000lb (454kg) bomb.

There was never a threat, the FBI said, as Mr Nafis had been closely watched.

Mr Nafis is charged with attempting to use a weapon of mass destruction and attempting to provide material support to al-Qaeda.

He entered no plea when brought before a federal court on Wednesday.

Mr Nafis travelled to the US in January 2012 and sought out contacts to help him with the attack, officials said in a complaint filed in New York on Wednesday.

One of the people he contacted turned out to be a source working for the FBI, US federal prosecutors said.

And since when is a bomb a "weapon of mass destruction"?  Or is the FBI now trying to retroactively justify the invasion of Iraq, because they sure had a fuck load of "WMDs" by that definition of the term.

LMNO

Yeah, when I heard about this I wondered how far he was led down the path and goaded by the FBI to do it.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 18, 2012, 03:50:12 PM
Yeah, when I heard about this I wondered how far he was led down the path and goaded by the FBI to do it.

My guess is, probably almost entirely. Like that unstable young man they set up in a plot to set off a bomb at the tree-lighting in Pioneer Square last year or year before. They cherry-picked a kid with some emotional instability, and although he initially resisted on the basis that he doesn't believe in violence, they gradually coerced/brainwashed/convinced him, set him up with materials and a van to drive in, and sent him on his way to Portland so they could "bust" his "terrorist plot" and boost public opinion of the "war on terrorism".

I think the FBI are terrorists and should be shut down.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

This is, of course, what Cain and others have been saying all along.

A paid informant for the New York Police Department's intelligence unit was under orders to "bait" Muslims into saying inflammatory things...

QuoteHe said he sometimes intentionally misinterpreted what people had said. For example, Rahman said he would ask people what they thought about the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, knowing the subject was inflammatory. It was easy to take statements out of context, he said. He said wanted to please his NYPD handler, whom he trusted and liked.

"I was trying to get money," Rahman said. "I was playing the game."

Nephew Twiddleton

Elder Iptuous

Quote from: Cain on October 18, 2012, 03:45:56 PM
And since when is a bomb a "weapon of mass destruction"?  Or is the FBI now trying to retroactively justify the invasion of Iraq, because they sure had a fuck load of "WMDs" by that definition of the term.

Well, i recall that the kid they got to try the provided fake bomb on the building here in Dallas a few years ago was charged with WMD attempted use, so it's been at least that long.

if they can bust someone for attempting to use a device that is fake to cause mass destruction, they should be more creative.  like providing the mark with a mutagen bomb, gravitational disruptor, or asteroid attractor, or something.

Prince Glittersnatch III

http://www.businessinsider.com/north-korea-purging-leaders-with-mortar-2012-10

QuoteSince his father's sudden death, reports have surfaced that Kim Jong-un has been purging the North Korean military of "unsound elements" in order to tighten his grip on power.

It's not a new policy; Kim Jong-il executed plenty of his father's advisors and dissenters after Kim Il-sung passed away in 1994.

What is new is that Kim Jong-un is using mortar rounds to execute individual officers instead of a firing squad, according to reports from South Korean media.

Kim Jong-un allegedly asked loyal officials to get rid of "anyone caught misbehaving during the mourning period for Kim Jong-il."

Kim Chol, the North Korean vice-defense minister, was reportedly caught "drinking and carousing" in January, a month after Kim Jong-il died.

Intelligence data submitted to the lawmaker Yoon Sang-hyun, a member of the National Assembly's Foreign Affairs, Trade and Unification Committee, claimed that Chol was executed by firing squad.

But a source inside the South Korean government said that Kim Jong-un ordered those carrying out the sentence to leave  "no trace of him behind, down to his hair."

:lulz:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?=743264506 <---worst human being to ever live.

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/False%20Religions/Other%20Pagan%20Mumbo-Jumbo/discordianism.htm <----Learn the truth behind Discordianism

Quote from: Aleister Growly on September 04, 2010, 04:08:37 AM
Glittersnatch would be a rather unfortunate condition, if a halfway decent troll name.

Quote from: GIGGLES on June 16, 2011, 10:24:05 PM
AORTAL SEX MADES MY DICK HARD AS FUCK!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 23, 2012, 08:23:45 PM
This is, of course, what Cain and others have been saying all along.

A paid informant for the New York Police Department's intelligence unit was under orders to "bait" Muslims into saying inflammatory things...

QuoteHe said he sometimes intentionally misinterpreted what people had said. For example, Rahman said he would ask people what they thought about the attack on the U.S. Consulate in Libya, knowing the subject was inflammatory. It was easy to take statements out of context, he said. He said wanted to please his NYPD handler, whom he trusted and liked.

"I was trying to get money," Rahman said. "I was playing the game."

Yeah, it seems painfully obvious, especially to anyone who has EVER READ ANYTHING about situations like the drug "sting" attempt in Seattle. It makes it really frustrating that  they just keep on getting away with it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Prince Glittersnatch III on October 24, 2012, 08:46:50 PM
http://www.businessinsider.com/north-korea-purging-leaders-with-mortar-2012-10

QuoteSince his father's sudden death, reports have surfaced that Kim Jong-un has been purging the North Korean military of "unsound elements" in order to tighten his grip on power.

It's not a new policy; Kim Jong-il executed plenty of his father's advisors and dissenters after Kim Il-sung passed away in 1994.

What is new is that Kim Jong-un is using mortar rounds to execute individual officers instead of a firing squad, according to reports from South Korean media.

Kim Jong-un allegedly asked loyal officials to get rid of "anyone caught misbehaving during the mourning period for Kim Jong-il."

Kim Chol, the North Korean vice-defense minister, was reportedly caught "drinking and carousing" in January, a month after Kim Jong-il died.

Intelligence data submitted to the lawmaker Yoon Sang-hyun, a member of the National Assembly's Foreign Affairs, Trade and Unification Committee, claimed that Chol was executed by firing squad.

But a source inside the South Korean government said that Kim Jong-un ordered those carrying out the sentence to leave  "no trace of him behind, down to his hair."

:lulz:

Oh, shit. I see that NK isn't going to be ramping down the crazy level anytime soon.  :horrormirth: