Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Really real discordians

Started by Dalek, November 21, 2010, 08:37:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Quote from: Subetai on November 22, 2010, 03:23:48 PM
My thoughts on this can be found, as always, here

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=26943.msg9585730#msg9585730

Damnit. Been a long time since anyone but Cram caught me with one of those :lol:
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Jenne on November 22, 2010, 07:57:14 PM
Now, English language LEARNERS (meaning:  people who don't speak the language indigenously NOR live within the cultures that speak it indigenously) don't always KNOW those values or live them, do they?  So their perception would be "off" sometimes.  And the internet is an INTERESTING place to learn those values, to say the least.

This. As an example, right around the time of the Coup* was when this forum taught me how tearrible the word "nigger" is actually considered in english. Not that I used it, I knew people don't appreciate it, but I hadn't yet realized that using the word immediately makes one considered racist and a horrible person. And by now, looking back, I'm thinking WTF how could that not have been obvious to me.

(*5 years ago now? how long has it been? shouldn't we make it a holy day?)

also, I'm going to say FAG now a couple of times, in the non-homophobic sense of the word:

FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG
FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG
FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG

ah that felt good.

and I really want a cigarette now. I am conditioned nicely.

oh and Phox, your reply to about people not saying "newhomo" or "newqueer":
Quote from: PhoxNow, see, I don't think "queer", "homo", or "gay" would work because the LGBT community has appropriated those words for itself. On the whole, they are still very against the use of the word "fag", however, because it is innately an insult. So calling someone "newhomo" wouldn't read as insult to someone who wasn't homophobic to begin with.

is kind of missing the point. people don't say "newpoopstomper" either.

wait minute.

they DO say "newbie"

which is obviously a slur for bisexuals.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cramulus

Quote from: Triple Zero on November 23, 2010, 12:08:35 AM
also, I'm going to say FAG now a couple of times, in the non-homophobic sense of the word:

FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG
FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG
FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG FAG

LISTEN YOU WOODEN SHOE WEARING TULIP SNIFFING SPAGWAD
            \

THAT IS FUCKING OFFENSIVE
            \

ONE OF THOSE FAGS WAS HOMOPHOBIC
            \

Triple Zero

OH! You should TALK! Staring in disgust at that BLACK HOLE all the time!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I don't think that's disgust.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Chairman Risus

I may not be the realest discordian, but I know I'm the best.

LMNO

Gray Jester

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 23, 2010, 01:03:23 PM
Yeah, but they deserve it.

You all are just jealous that we've got better odds then gays -or- straights, and have better orgies to boot.
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

LMNO

You also have double the chances of being rejected because you're an asshole.

Triple Zero

Eh? Where did that came from, then?

LMNO

Just stating the odds.

If you're only hitting on half the population, and you're an asshole, you'll be rejected by 50% of the population.

If you're hitting on the whole world, you'll get rejected by everybody.

Plus, Bisexuals are worse than diabetics, you know?

Gray Jester

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 23, 2010, 03:29:48 PM
You also have double the chances of being rejected because you're an asshole.

Most gay men that I know love assholes.  :D
I am a surrealist.  It makes me feel more knightly.

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD on November 23, 2010, 03:45:12 PM
Just stating the odds.

If you're only hitting on half the population, and you're an asshole, you'll be rejected by 50% of the population.

If you're hitting on the whole world, you'll get rejected by everybody.

Plus, Bisexuals are worse than diabetics, you know?

If you're hitting on the whole world, you are definitely an asshole, causing your rejection rate to skyrocket to nearly 100%.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nigel on November 23, 2010, 04:52:08 PM
If you're hitting on the whole world, you are definitely an asshole, causing your rejection rate to skyrocket to nearly 100%.

Then I guess all 6,850,000,000 of them had be ready for a little involuntary earhole intrusion.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.