Proud member of the Vin Diesel Friendship Brigade

Main Menu

Sandwich Argument

Started by Q. G. Pennyworth, September 11, 2015, 04:52:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Is the sandwich blue or not?

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 11, 2015, 06:37:54 PM
Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 11, 2015, 05:57:02 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 11, 2015, 05:53:45 PM
Lasagna is a sammish!

Lasagna is not hand held.

You, my dear, have obviously never been stoned out of your gourd at 3am.

Obviously not. Lasagna can be a 3am stoned sammich, but only if it's held in the hand.

Enrico Salazar

Yes, laugh laugh laugh, but Enrico had unique experience with a Sand Witch when he was young, was no laugh matter.
Did someone say gorgeous?

President Television

My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: President Television on September 11, 2015, 08:04:48 PM
Lasagna is a sammish!

Neither is a "hot" sandwich.

See now this is more a matter of personal endurance.

Which brings up a fine point. If a person cannot hold the sandwich for some reason has it ceased to be a sandwich for them? Like if you have no arms, as an extreme illustration, do sandwiches cease to be?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

President Television

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 11, 2015, 08:20:38 PM
Lasagna is a sammish!

Which brings up a fine point. If a person cannot hold the sandwich for some reason has it ceased to be a sandwich for them? Like if you have no arms, as an extreme illustration, do sandwiches cease to be?

Hot sandwiches aren't literally hot, they're covered in gravy.
Though the gravy itself is usually hot.
My shit list: Stephen Harper, anarchists that complain about taxes instead of institutionalized torture, those people walking, anyone who lets a single aspect of themselves define their entire personality, salesmen that don't smoke pipes, Fredericton New Brunswick, bigots, philosophy majors, my nemesis, pirates that don't do anything, criminals without class, sociopaths, narcissists, furries, juggalos, foes.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: President Television on September 11, 2015, 08:21:50 PM
Lasagna is a sammish!

Hot sandwiches aren't literally hot, they're covered in gravy.
Though the gravy itself is usually hot.

No, I got you Mr. President. Had a few hot beef 'n gravy in my time. Just because it's messy is no reason not to pick it up at some point. I usually have fries and improvise a poutien with the remaining gravy.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Q. G. Pennyworth

Lasagna is a sammish!

If you can't eat it as a sandwich, it's not a sandwich. So, if you have to put a pastrami and rye in a blender and drink it as a shake, it is not a sandwich anymore.

I wonder where the line is for people with very handy feet, though.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 11, 2015, 08:48:52 PM
Lasagna is a sammish!

If you can't eat it as a sandwich, it's not a sandwich. So, if you have to put a pastrami and rye in a blender and drink it as a shake, it is not a sandwich anymore.

I wonder where the line is for people with very handy feet, though.

See NOW were talking enlightenment! That would be the "kung-fu" Way of making sandwiches real.

Pretty soon mind-machine interfacing and prosthetic advancement could make sandwiches real for almost anyone with a functioning brain and nervous system, without all the stretching and balance training.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Meunster

I always thought sandwich was an action and we called the food sandwiches that because they showed the action.
Poe's law ;)

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Meunster on September 11, 2015, 09:29:28 PM
I always thought sandwich was an action and we called the food sandwiches that because they showed the action.

Look up Earl of Sandwich. For real.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Cainad (dec.)

I'm not sure if "hand held" really works as a criteria, since it's a contextual property rather than inherent property of a sandwich. A burrito isn't reay a sandwich but can be hand held, and if you're weird you could eat a sandwich with fork and knife.

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube

Q. G. Pennyworth