News:

Sometimes I rattle the cage and beat my head uselessly against its bars, but sometimes, I can shake one loose and use it as a dildo.

Main Menu

Slow Time in Fat City™, #11: The Long, Slow Slide

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, December 15, 2010, 06:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2010, 06:42:12 PM
2.  One thing that won't get fixed is infrastructure.  Ever since the 80s, anyone who calls for roads, bridges, and dams to be built or even maintained are branded as pork barrel swine, and derided for building "roads to nowhere".  As infrastructure degrades, a rise in vehicle maintenance costs will make shipping more expensive, which in turn will mean reduced revenues, which means LESS money for road repairs, etc.  It also means more pollution and less power, as dams are forced out of use due to cracks, etc.  This spiral, incidentally, has a bottom.  That bottom involves local-only traffic and the reintroduction of animal powered vehicles.  Don't laugh, we're almost there now in many places.

Note:  Texas has just announced that it is converting many of its rural roads to gravel, because it can't or won't spend the money to repair/maintain the existing roads.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2013, 09:39:16 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 15, 2010, 06:42:12 PM
2.  One thing that won't get fixed is infrastructure.  Ever since the 80s, anyone who calls for roads, bridges, and dams to be built or even maintained are branded as pork barrel swine, and derided for building "roads to nowhere".  As infrastructure degrades, a rise in vehicle maintenance costs will make shipping more expensive, which in turn will mean reduced revenues, which means LESS money for road repairs, etc.  It also means more pollution and less power, as dams are forced out of use due to cracks, etc.  This spiral, incidentally, has a bottom.  That bottom involves local-only traffic and the reintroduction of animal powered vehicles.  Don't laugh, we're almost there now in many places.

Note:  Texas has just announced that it is converting many of its rural roads to gravel, because it can't or won't spend the money to repair/maintain the existing roads.

Oh yessir, I saw that. :lol: The long slow slide is well underway.

I'm still waiting for a catastrophic dam failure.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Reginald Ret

I'll need to buy 3-4 pair of glasses, without my eyesight i will be a drain on my friends and family.
I won't need more than that because i expect to die soonish in such a scenario.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pergamos

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Pergamos on September 10, 2015, 08:00:01 AM
We should be on civil war about now right?

The range1 I gave ends in 2016.

1 This is, in the trade, known as the gross prophet margin.
Molon Lube

LMNO

Doktor Howl

Molon Lube