News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

The Need For Religion

Started by Adios, May 01, 2007, 07:04:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on May 03, 2007, 06:45:40 AM

Oh go cry about it to your mommy.

Okay, people, the gloves are off.

It's open season on AKK.  Do anything you like to his freads, and the moderation team  will get really upset and might even send you a nasty PM.  If we get around to it.  Some time in 2008 or so.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Ambassador KAOS

I swear you guys were already doing that...

As far as I know you guys have jacked and spammed EVERY thread I've made...

Did I miss something?

Whatever...

I'm go back to ignoring you (and in doing so cut the jacking of this thread short) Roger because I can't even get a reasonable response to a reasonable question from you (see other thread about barstool).

AKK: twice as modded as you'd believe.

phear my 1337 braynz!!!!11one!

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on March 30, 2007, 11:42:40 PM
At this point, I believe there only two things that are going to stop him.

1.  His connection going down
2.  HIMEOBS

NEWS:  Principia Discordia dot com:  Now with 90% less Ambassador KAOS!

Adios

tyrannosaurus vex

If you're going to ignore us anyway, why not do it at the bottom of a jagged cliff?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on May 03, 2007, 08:51:23 AM

I'm go back to ignoring you (and in doing so cut the jacking of this thread short) Roger because I can't even get a reasonable response to a reasonable question from you (see other thread about barstool).

if your ignoring us
why don't you just leave
find another community that may have some interest in your bull shit
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

SupaTaft

Nice ponderings.

I was always under the impression that religion sort of sprang out from our fear of knowledge. People began to learn what caused things to happen, and they thought "Well, what caused that result to happen?" and so on. Made me think that they got afraid of things causing other things to happen, then the question of death was brought up and they came up with a cause for that finallity, being a religion.

It was then that the authorities got a hold of it and weaved a code of ethics into it and buggered up the whole thing.

My thoughts on the afterlife at this point in time are that when I go, my brain will create me an afterlife that's perfect for me. Why? Because my brain creates the reality I perceive right now, so why wouldn't it create me an another reality after my body goes kaput? I don't dwell on it, because I just figure it'll take care of itself.

Then again, that's how I deal with most things in my life...

Blame it on Rio!

- D

LMNO

Quote from: SupaTaft on May 03, 2007, 11:54:23 PM
Nice ponderings.

I was always under the impression that religion sort of sprang out from our fear of knowledge. People began to learn what caused things to happen, and they thought "Well, what caused that result to happen?" and so on. Made me think that they got afraid of things causing other things to happen, then the question of death was brought up and they came up with a cause for that finallity, being a religion.

It was then that the authorities got a hold of it and weaved a code of ethics into it and buggered up the whole thing.

My thoughts on the afterlife at this point in time are that when I go, my brain will create me an afterlife that's perfect for me. Why? Because my brain creates the reality I perceive right now, so why wouldn't it create me an another reality after my body goes kaput? I don't dwell on it, because I just figure it'll take care of itself.

Blame it on Rio!

- D

Careful you don't take that too far, or next thing you know, you'll be jumping off of rooftops, convinced that gravity doesn't apply to you.

SupaTaft

Quote from: LMNO on May 04, 2007, 01:29:39 PM
Quote from: SupaTaft on May 03, 2007, 11:54:23 PM
Nice ponderings.

Blame it on Rio!

- D

Careful you don't take that too far, or next thing you know, you'll be jumping off of rooftops, convinced that gravity doesn't apply to you.

Eh, I'm too lazy to really believe anything I say, anyway.

I'm usually the one telling others that gravity doesn't exist.

- D

Jasper

This thread indicates to me that any discussion mixing existential thought and discordians gets you solipsism.

*Sips his juicy-juice*

Oh, how I hate you all.

tyrannosaurus vex

the problem is that discordians are so uber-smart that we can't really fathom how other people can really be as stupid as they seem. if we think about it too much, the only possible solution we can come up with is that we're actually just imagining the whole thing.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

guest7654

Quote from: vexati0n on May 05, 2007, 06:34:17 AM
the problem is that discordians are so uber-smart that we can't really fathom how other people can really be as stupid as they seem. if we think about it too much, the only possible solution we can come up with is that we're actually just imagining the whole thing.
:lulz:  Reality is kinda un-fucking-believable isn't it.

LMNO

Quote from: vexati0n on May 05, 2007, 06:34:17 AM

My wife calls it, "seeing which one of you can get to the top of Mount Cleverest first."

She's my own personal Barstool.

AFK

Not me, I'm perfectly happy at base camp.  The cocoa is superb. 

Oh, and nice visual with the Barstool reference.   :D
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

LMNO

Gives a new meaning when she says, "I'd hit it."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Ambassador KAOS on May 03, 2007, 08:51:23 AM
I swear you guys were already doing that...

As far as I know you guys have jacked and spammed EVERY thread I've made...

Did I miss something?

Whatever...

WRONG.

It gets a LOT worse.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.