News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "At least Satanists HAVE a worldview. After reading this thread, I'm convinced that discordians not only don't, but will actively mock anyone who does."

Main Menu

Agamemnon and the Ill Wind

Started by hooplala, July 08, 2005, 03:57:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hooplala

Some time after the ORIGINAL SNUB, which started the Trojan War, but before the war actually began, Agamemnon son of Atreus had collected his fleets at Aulis in Boeotia but found himself unable to sail for Troy due to a contrary wind.

Agamemnon clutched his long ivory scepter forged by the god Hephaestus who gave it to Hermes, who dropped it in a fountain when plonked at one of Dionysus,Äô parties, where it was subsequently found by Agamemnon,Äôs grandfather Pelops, and was then grudgingly passed down to him.  He clutched the scepter and shook with rage.  He was consumed with revenge and honour, two ingredients which--when mixed--can become poison in a man,Äôs blood. In desperation he called out for Calchas, who spoke with the gods.

,ÄòCalchas, you sweet bitch, who speaks with the gods,,Äô Agamemnon said. ,Äòtell me which god is it who is pissed with me and has asked the ill wind to blow against the long-haired Achaeans so that they may not sail against the wife-robbing bastard people, the Trojans, who stole the completely foxy Helen from my brother Menalaus, King of Sparta?,Äô

Calchas was not a stupid man; he knew that those who gave bad news to kings soon became deprived of what was most dear to them: their lives.  Hades did not have a good rep at that time, some would argue it still doesn,Äôt, but it beats Toledo Ohio in a pinch. Conversely, everyone knew that lying about the gods could get you in worse places than either Hades or Toledo. The choice was obvious. ,ÄòGood King Agamemnon, it makes me sick to say it, but there are five gods angered at you.,Äô

,ÄòFive gods?,Äô sputtered Agamemnon.  ,ÄòBut how?  But why?  But when?,Äô

Calchas said, ,ÄòIt is the truth Agamemnon son of  Atreus that swift and sleek Artemis is angered with you because she overheard you boast that you were a better marksman that she.,Äô

Agamemnon said ,ÄòShit.  It,Äôs true.  I did boast to be a better marksman than Artemis the swift and sleek.  Tell me Calchas, what does wise Artemis ask in return?,Äô

Calchas quivered in the hips as he said, ,ÄòOnly your first born daughter Iphigenia, sacrificed on an alter, the fat from her thighs burned in respect.,Äô

,ÄòAch,,Äô said Agamemnon.  ,ÄòGag.  That I cannot do.  Calchas, you sweet bitch, who speaks with the gods, tell me which other god is it who is pissed with me?,Äô

Calchas said, ,ÄòIt is the truth Agamemnon son of  Atreus that beautiful and nubile Aphrodite is angered with you because she heard you vowed to sacrifice the most beautiful treasure in your life in exchange for victory against the little Trojan shits.,Äô

Agamemnon said ,ÄòAw fer fu-.  Mmm.  It,Äôs true.  I did vow to sacrifice the most beautiful treasure in my life in exchange for victory against the little Trojan shits.  Tell me Calchas, what does wise Aphrodite ask in return?,Äô

Calchas shivered in the groin as he said, ,ÄòOnly your wife Clytemnestra, sacrificed on an alter, the fat from her thighs burned in respect.,Äô

,ÄòFeh,,Äô said Agamemnon.  ,ÄòGak.  That I cannot do.  Calchas, you sweet bitch, who speaks with the gods, tell me which other god is it who is pissed with me?,Äô

Calchas said, ,ÄòIt is the truth Agamemnon son of  Atreus that Zeus lord of the sky, had sent an omen to you of two young studly eagles meant to represent the Atridae, which tore to pieces a pregnant hare.  White-armed Here, big mama of all the heavens and gueen of all the mothers was beyond pissed.,Äô

Agamemnon said ,ÄòGreat Googly Moogly!  Grr.  It,Äôs true.  Zeus did send an omen of two young studly eagles meant to represent the Atridae, which tore to pieces a pregnant hare.  Tell me Calchas, what does wise Here ask in return?,Äô

Calchas jiggled in the gizzard as he said, ,ÄòOnly all your children, sacrificed on an alter, the fat from their thighs burned in respect.,Äô

,ÄòBah!,Äô said Agamemnon.  ,ÄòYuk.  That I cannot do.  Calchas, you sweet bitch, who speaks with the gods, tell me which other god is it who is pissed with me?,Äô

Calchas said, ,ÄòIt is the truth Agamemnon son of  Atreus that flashing-eyed Pallas Athene, unsleeping daughter of Big Daddy Zeus was offended by your father Atreus.  He vowed to sacrifice a lamb to aegis-bearing Athene in exchange for success in battle, this he did not do.,Äô

Agamemnon said ,ÄòMother fuck!  Mmm.  It,Äôs true.  My father was a complete dipshit, he did stuff like that all the time, one time he promised me half of Caledon- aw fuck it . . .  Tell me Calchas, what does wise Pallas Athene ask in return?,Äô

Calchas trembled in the pancreas as he said, ,ÄòOnly all your only son Orestes, sacrificed on an alter, the fat from their thighs burned in respect.,Äô

,ÄòHomina homina homina,Äô said Agamemnon.  ,ÄòRetch.  That I cannot do.  Calchas, you sweet slut, who speaks with the gods, tell me which is the last god who is pissed with me?,Äô

Calchas said, ,ÄòIt is the truth Agamemnon son of  Atreus that Eris also called Strife is offended by your feeding of hot dogs to your troops.  Her only sustenance when she went into self-imposed exile after THE SNUB was the hot dog bun, it is an affront to the goddess of Discord and she smites you in bitter and somewhat petty retaliation.  It,Äôs boring on Mt. Olympus.,Äô

Agamemnon said ,ÄòRats.  It,Äôs true.  I feed my soldiers Armor Hot Dogs, they,Äôre the dogs long-haired Achaeans love to bite.  Tell me Calchas, what does wise Eris ask in return?,Äô

Calchas twitched in the pineal gland as he said, ,ÄòOnly all the soldier,Äôs hot dog buns, torched on an alter, in respect.,Äô

,ÄòUh uh.,Äô said Agamemnon.  ,ÄòNo way.  That I cannot do.  They would eat me alive.  Besides, it is never that easy.,Äô

Agamemnon pondered all the gods requests and wondered which would be the least disastrous for him.  The easiest in the eyes of a misogynist bronze era Greek was obviously the sacrifice of his eldest daughter Iphigenia, but once she was dead and cut up for sacrifice Agamemnon and Calchas realized they had no kindling.  The only thing flammable to start the pyre was the hot dog buns.

Agamemnon broke his scepter across his knee, ,ÄòThis is ridiculous!  I promised my soldiers those buns, but if I must, I must . . . burn the buns, Calchas.,Äô

The moment Calchas lit the buns the wind began to change.  Agamemnon felt sick, and tried to convince himself that the fat of Iphigenia,Äôs thighs was already starting to burn, but he knew in his heart the truth. Despite that, he turned to Calchas ,ÄòA cheer for swift and sleek Artemis who granted muh-mercy on the long-haired Achaeans.,Äô

A loud cackle from high above startled Agamemnon and Calchas as they toasted, but neither of them asked from whence it came.

The moral of this story?  Don,Äôt over complicate things!

Hail Eris.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman