News:

PD.com: The most patriotic board in America - jointly run by an Australian, an Irishman, a filthy Dutchman, a Canadian and some guy from the West Indies.

Main Menu

5 Ways to Develop Independent Thought

Started by Cramulus, November 02, 2007, 02:53:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

B_M_W

To Cain and Cramulus: :mittens:

I love this thread.
One by one, we break the sheep from their Iron Bar Prisons and expand their imaginations, make them think for themselves. In turn, they break more from their prisons. Eventually, critical mass is reached. Our key word: Resolve. Evangelize with compassion and determination. And realize that there will be few in the beginning. We are hand picking our successors. They are the future of Discordianism. Let us guide our future with intelligence.

--Reverse Brainwashing: A Guide http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=9801.0

6.5 billion Buddhas walking around.

99.xxxxxxx% forgot they are Buddha.

LMNO

Quote from: Cain on November 07, 2007, 08:23:18 PM
Ignore LMNO, he's just pissy no-one except LHX ever read the Maybe Logic threads from way back.

The Apex, The Harmony Of

if treading on old ground for some.

Well that probaly will happen. And im glad actually, since normally for me its the other way around. Nearly everyone I meet tells me the same philosophies', principles, morals and general trends and memes. So id say thats a good sign from this board that I may encounter a certain bordedom with my ideas from some people. Refreshing.

AFK

Quote from: The Apex, The Harmony Of on November 07, 2007, 08:54:21 PM

Well that probaly will happen. And im glad actually, since normally for me its the other way around. Nearly everyone I meet tells me the same philosophies', principles, morals and general trends and memes. So id say thats a good sign from this board that I may encounter a certain bordedom with my ideas from some people. Refreshing.

tb;dr

RWHN,
pllllbbbbbtttttt!
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Cain

Quote from: The Apex, The Harmony Of on November 07, 2007, 08:54:21 PM

Excellent stuff.  Of course, we can't promise answers.  But we sure as hell have a ton of questions...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Ignore LMNO, he's just pissy no-one except LHX ever read the Maybe Logic threads from way back.

Also, not too n00bish.  You're not trying to wow us with your 'wackiness' or throw Principia quotes at us every single post, which is normally what annoys people.  In fact, I'd say your contributions thus far have been fairly solid, if treading on old ground for some.

Yep, Cain's ramping over school buses with the correct motorcycle.

There seem to be a series of different subsets of folks here which generally can be categorized (in a very limited fashion) as:

1. People with Active Hatred for anything that remotely resembles the old Discordian memes.
      II. People that consider the old memes to have lost their punch and focus instead on new ones (but don't hate the old ones).
      C. People that consider the old memes 'classics', but try to mix them with new, or use them for inspiration for new.
      • People that use to old memes to piss of any and all of the above.
      5. People that come in with the "LOL I AM TEH KOOLIST DISCORJIAN EVAR! 23FNORDPINEAL!!!", the main difference being that the number 4 people may be joking and the number 5 people appear to be serious.

There seem to be very few members that are in group 1 (mostly they migrate to group one when facing someone from group 5 that hasn't bothered to read any of the warnings posted about the place). Most of the gang here usually float around groups two and three, they may use alts to pretend to be in group four and the group five people are usually chased off with sticks and a healthy dose of The Good Rev. Rodger (which I think may actually be against the Geneva Convention rules on torture).

So basically, what you're doing seems good, E-Prime is always fun and I notice it gets the occasional use here when appropriate. Just keep in mind that many of us have read everything RAW, plus the PD, plus the SubG publications, plus Omar's extras... and the really lame ones (like me) have also watched his interviews that are available on YouTube ;-)

Welcome to the party!

- Ratatosk
    [/list]
    - I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Triple Zero

i have really no idea which of those categories i fall in. probably some and then some not.
    Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
    e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: triple zero on November 08, 2007, 11:51:43 PM
    i have really no idea which of those categories i fall in. probably some and then some not.
    [/quote

To me, it seems that most of us appear to to wander around inside multiple categories...except TGGR, he gets his own special category.

The Apex, The Harmony Of

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 08, 2007, 06:40:26 PM

So basically, what you're doing seems good, E-Prime is always fun and I notice it gets the occasional use here when appropriate. Just keep in mind that many of us have read everything RAW, plus the PD, plus the SubG publications, plus Omar's extras... and the really lame ones (like me) have also watched his interviews that are available on YouTube ;-)

- Ratatosk[/list][/list]

Yea, as iv realised. I simply forgot, and was naive too, that most of you guys are probaly very widely learned. Seen as though that seems to run trend in the discordia mindset. I guess I should make small assumptions and not, and im sorry (well actually im not) if I may patronize or recycle info.

I didnt come on here and read every post first out of acting cautious. I didnt notice the "noobs read here first" threads. I didnt stumble at the front door thinking "what if I make a fool of myself of hitting cliches" because quite simply I couldnt care either ways.

Anyway, enough of justifying myself.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Apex, The Harmony Of on November 09, 2007, 08:04:46 AM
        Quote from: Ratatosk on November 08, 2007, 06:40:26 PM

- Ratatosk

Yea, as iv realised. I simply forgot, and was naive too, that most of you guys are probaly very widely learned. Seen as though that seems to run trend in the discordia mindset. I guess I should make small assumptions and not, and im sorry (well actually im not) if I may patronize or recycle info.

I didnt come on here and read every post first out of acting cautious. I didnt notice the "noobs read here first" threads. I didnt stumble at the front door thinking "what if I make a fool of myself of hitting cliches" because quite simply I couldnt care either ways.

Anyway, enough of justifying myself.

Heh, no worries man... we're all pretty comfortable with the Cosmic Schmuck principle and many of us made similar assumptions on this forum early on (thus the 50 post rule)

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

LMNO

Fucking hell... do we need a refresher course on how to use the quote button?

Triple Zero

Quote from: OH HOW DID THIS GET HERE
        Quote from: I AM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER
        Fucking hell... d
        o we need a ref
        resher co

urse on how to
        use the quote b
        utton?

the what button??
        Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
        e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on November 09, 2007, 03:27:39 PM

Bizarre... There wasn't actually quote tags around that... I'm gonna try quoting it again.

UPDATE: Looking at the actual source there are not quote brackets around the bottom comments, but the list tags from my initial post seem to have wandered around to different locations and are thus fscking up the quote close tags in that thread.

Tricksy.

FIXT.

LMNO

Quote from: Ratatosk on November 09, 2007, 03:49:48 PM

Bizarre... There wasn't actually quote tags around that... I'm gonna try quoting it again.

I don't believe you.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on November 09, 2007, 03:52:02 PM
        Quote from: Ratatosk on November 09, 2007, 03:49:48 PM

I don't believe you.

LOL, yep its true... It appears that list tags somehow ended up in front of two (Cain and I) of the start quote tags and then both ended after the first quote. Plus, there were three quoted lines (Apex, Cain and I) but only two close tags.