News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

A critique of the BIP

Started by Arafelis, June 07, 2009, 05:41:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Requia on June 07, 2009, 08:38:26 PM
I'm also an underemployed ex physics student, thats not working out any better.

Yeah, I know a lot of unemployed physicists right now. Then again, an undergrad physics almost any kind of degree is pretty useless.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Arafelis

QuoteTempting actually, but I'm not taking on any new RPG design projects until i finish the d20 Modern rewrite.

Nice.  Share a link when you're done.  That was one of the most promising systems I've seen in a while.  You fixing up the crap skill system?
"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Cain

Quote from: Nigel on June 07, 2009, 09:13:43 PM
Quote from: Requia on June 07, 2009, 08:38:26 PM
I'm also an underemployed ex physics student, thats not working out any better.

Yeah, I know a lot of unemployed physicists right now. Then again, an undergrad physics almost any kind of degree is pretty useless.

And many Masters, as well.

Kai

If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Yeah, I'm going for a PhD, no reason to half-ass it.

The only  thing I'm scared of, choosing the sciences, is getting stuck in dissertation limbo.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Thurnez Isa

anyone should be able to do at this college... without you know any effort at all
http://www.pcci.edu/

:)
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.
Justice moved my maker on high.
Divine power made me, Wisdom supreme, and Primal love.
Before me nothing was but things eternal, and eternal I endure.
Abandon all hope, you who enter here.

Dante

Thurnez Isa

other then that

may I suggest

...drum roll...

Thunder Bay

Ya is anyone actually surprised there.
Through me the way to the city of woe, Through me the way to everlasting pain, Through me the way among the lost.

Dante

Arafelis

Did the last few chapters (16-22).  Don't really think the comic or cut-outs need critique.  May go back and do some of the ones I said I was going to go back to, depending on interest.  Otherwise trying to percolate and distill a rant into something readable.
"OTOH, I shook up your head...I must be doing something right.What's wrong with schisms?  Malaclypse the younger DID say "Discordians need to DISORGANIZE."  If my babbling causes a few sparks, well hell...it beats having us backslide into our own little greyness." - The Good Reverend Roger

Thurnez Isa

Quote from: Arafelis on June 08, 2009, 03:20:59 AM
Did the last few chapters (16-22).  Don't really think the comic or cut-outs need critique.  May go back and do some of the ones I said I was going to go back to, depending on interest.  Otherwise trying to percolate and distill a rant into something readable.

no one cares

Dante

Telarus

Arafelis, I appreciate the willingness to finish the critique in the face of yawns and snubs (lol).

Some of it I consider pretty good criticism, but I'm really not going to get into that.

What I would like to do is extend an offer for you to write something for our current publication, Intermittens.

I believe the current in-progress issues' topics are "Discordianism in Theory and Practice", "Operation Mindfuck", .... ummmmm.... there's a couple more. Dig into the first 2 pages of this (TFYS,S) subforum and you'll find the threads.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 07, 2009, 10:12:08 PM
anyone should be able to do at this college... without you know any effort at all

The closest thing to a PhD in any of the sciences they offer is a "Science Education" degree, and somehow I doubt that actually involves much science...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Telarus on June 08, 2009, 06:12:41 AM
Arafelis, I appreciate the willingness to finish the critique in the face of yawns and snubs (lol).

Some of it I consider pretty good criticism, but I'm really not going to get into that.

What I would like to do is extend an offer for you to write something for our current publication, Intermittens.

I believe the current in-progress issues' topics are "Discordianism in Theory and Practice", "Operation Mindfuck", .... ummmmm.... there's a couple more. Dig into the first 2 pages of this (TFYS,S) subforum and you'll find the threads.

Come on, man, he's too lofty to offer his own prodigious original talent to some lowly publication like ours

what are you thinking?

Iason Ouabache

Quote from: Thurnez Isa on June 07, 2009, 10:12:08 PM

It's a lot easier to just do this:  http://thunderwoodcollege.com/
You cannot fathom the immensity of the fuck i do not give.
    \
┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘┌( ಠ_ಠ)┘

Arafelis

Quote from: NigelCome on, man, he's too lofty to offer his own prodigious original talent to some lowly publication like ours

what are you thinking?

You're kidding, right?  Somebody offers me (as mentioned an underemployed ex-philosophy student -- with, which I will now add, a resume that might be improved by being a literal pile of shit) a chance to publish something that might even appear in print, on whatever subject I want, and receive attribution for it... and you think I'm going to turn them down?

That's not the kind of crazy I am, kiddo.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Arafelis on June 08, 2009, 07:28:53 AM
Quote from: NigelCome on, man, he's too lofty to offer his own prodigious original talent to some lowly publication like ours

what are you thinking?

You're kidding, right?  Somebody offers me (as mentioned an underemployed ex-philosophy student -- with, which I will now add, a resume that might be improved by being a literal pile of shit) a chance to publish something that might even appear in print, on whatever subject I want, and receive attribution for it... and you think I'm going to turn them down?

That's not the kind of crazy I am, kiddo.

Then do it. Kiddo.