News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

another sign the machine is rotting

Started by LHX, December 10, 2005, 04:34:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

neongenesis816

Quote from: LHXor they represent faster access to the collective imgination where all previous notions of 'truth' are put to question

tools of isolation?
or the real communication we all been looking for?

repression or expression?

if you dont understand a dream immediately then become familiar with dreams

The video game industry, and a good portion of the inter net are, or are becoming more so PRIVATELY OWNED.  It is the will of the those with money that u will get from the inte rnet and video games.  And yes, video games are a means of further isolating an individual.  Some might say it's brain candy, but I don't see how it brings any of us closer to the core of the human soul/mind other than seperating it from other souls/minds.

LHX

i guess two people can use the same tool for different purposes

a subtle difference between build and destroy
neat hell

neongenesis816

Quote from: LHXi guess two people can use the same tool for different purposes

indeed. indeed. but don't downplay the effect that your unconcious has on you, and how ppl who know that WILL use that for their gain.

using the internet subjects myself to such a thing.

LHX

Quote from: neongenesis816

indeed. indeed. but don't downplay the effect that your unconcious has on you, and how ppl who know that WILL use that for their gain.

using the gloryhole subjects myself to such a thing.

true

fuck

the war we fight is so fucking subtle it makes me want to puke
neat hell

neongenesis816

Quote from: LHX
Quote from: neongenesis816

using the gloryhole subjects myself to such a thing.

true

fuck

the war we fight is so fucking subtle it makes me want to puke

It can be blatant too, but we loose the war when we broadcast it on the inter net, or tv.  Because it then becomes a different context, one that is controlled by Privately owned corporations.  We are in the hands of the ideals and beliefs of an elitist upper class.  They define the context that these "mediums" speak in to a certain degree.  I also believe tho that there is a more chaotic element (or it may seem chaotic to me at least) as to how this "message" is communicated through mediums, that we have no control over.

The transistor and data packet is mightier than the sword!

LHX

a corporation can own the medium
but
that has nothing to do with the effects that use of the medium can have

you can write ransom notes with government-issued stationery

the fact that we broadcast on 'their' networks means we win teh 'war'
dont it?
neat hell

neongenesis816

Quote from: LHXa corporation can own the medium
but
that has nothing to do with the effects that use of the medium can have

you can write ransom notes with government-issued stationery

the fact that we broadcast on 'their' networks means we win teh 'war'
dont it?

Sure it does, where, when, and how the product is used and why is decided by the companies.  So no, the fact that we broadcast on their networks means they get a say in things.  That is caving in.

Example, Michael Moore.  His public perception (provided by none other than the film studios who finance and market him) is bad, and SECONDARY to the points he attempts to make in his films/documentaries.

If you have ever watched the News, you'll notice that things are ultimately put in the words of the people who finance and own the media outlets.  And it is not just how they edit it, but the fact that it is shown on TV during such and such time that decides who will listen, and what they will listen to.

LHX

so somebody has a say in what you just posted?
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Subtle as a wrecking ball.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LHX

a wrecking ball makes no noise as it sweep thru the air
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHXa wrecking ball makes no noise as it sweep thru the air

It does if you swing it fast enough.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LHX

not if its muffled by loud music and infomercials
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHXnot if its muffled by loud music and infomercials

Not if you swing it fast enough.

LHX

this can only be settled with a wrecking ball and a stereo

what are the odds we are gonna settle this in the foreseeable future god of vengeful hatred?
neat hell

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LHX...

this can only be settled with a wrecking ball and a stereo

what are the odds we are gonna settle this in the foreseeable future god of vengeful hatred?

I think I can round up the wrecking ball.