News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

What is Discordianism? Take Two.

Started by Scribbly, June 02, 2009, 06:24:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cain

Quote from: Cainad on June 03, 2009, 03:14:24 AM
WTF?

A thread about what Discordianism "is" without people getting snippy and whining "UR DOING IT WRONG!"? This is a thing unheard of!

Well it was...until you posted that.

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Cain

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

LMNO

Arifella, cut it out. You and I both know there is no box; so, who the fuck needs a crowbar?

AFK

Quote from: Arafelis on June 06, 2009, 06:04:33 AM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on June 03, 2009, 02:13:23 PM
And yes, absurdity and the holistic nonsense are one of those tools.  They are the crowbars that pry open the box you are in, to let a little sunshine in to illuminate those corners of your cell you may have been missing or ignoring.

Absolutely.  But then you're out of the box.  Why keep wielding the crowbar?

You probably believe that little fairy tale about how lighting never strikes the same place twice, am I right? 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

purplejellybeansarecool12

I'm doing an assignment based on Eris The Goddess of Choas, and I would like to known what discordianism is from a discordians point of view. I would prefer everything to be detailed and a couple examples used, thank you :)

purplejellybeansarecool12

I'm doing an assignment based on Eris the Goddess of Chaos and would like to know: what is discordianism, how it started, how it has an effect on todays society and what is the best thing about being a discordianism. Thank you

Q. G. Pennyworth

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: purplejellybeansarecool12 on May 06, 2014, 01:47:12 AM
I'm doing an assignment based on Eris The Goddess of Choas, and I would like to known what discordianism is from a discordians point of view. I would prefer everything to be detailed and a couple examples used, thank you :)

It's all the cute word games and surrealism gone horribly wrong.  It's an entire dark age, just because someone didn't get invited to a party.  Even though it's still better than "not enough", it's still too much.  It's giving up all your comfortable illusions, to realize that it isn't just a case of the piles, it's Nigel's dick up your ass.  There are an infinite number of Nigels, of course, so there's enough of her dick for everyone.  An infinite number of times.

It's the guy who designed the first run of the Ford Pinto.  It's the guy who laquered the Hindenberg.  It's some dumbfuck kicking in the door and asking us to do his homework for him.  It's Richter clinging to the window and licking his eyeballs.  It's knowing just how fucked everything is, and not caring

It's "Queen Gogira", aka "Jimmy Walnuts" smashing your testicles with a hammer because your cable bill is late again.  It's Squiddy dancing around in your skin.  It's Stella kicking you in the face and taking your lunch money.  Again.  It's Cain vomiting rum out of that big fucking ferris wheel they have in London. 

It's Smilin' George Bush, saying that if you're not fer us, yer agin us.  It's America watching that with a straight face.  It's Obama smiling while HE fucks you the same way GEORGE did.

If you came here looking for silly-ass hippie shit, you're in the wrong place.  That's the Facebook Discordians.  We're the fuckers who tell jokes about shit decent people won't even bring up.

Now, fuck off.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on May 06, 2014, 03:05:44 AM
Quote from: purplejellybeansarecool12 on May 06, 2014, 01:47:12 AM

It's all the cute word games and surrealism gone horribly wrong.  It's an entire dark age, just because someone didn't get invited to a party.  Even though it's still better than "not enough", it's still too much.  It's giving up all your comfortable illusions, to realize that it isn't just a case of the piles, it's Nigel's dick up your ass.  There are an infinite number of Nigels, of course, so there's enough of her dick for everyone.  An infinite number of times.

It's the guy who designed the first run of the Ford Pinto.  It's the guy who laquered the Hindenberg.  It's some dumbfuck kicking in the door and asking us to do his homework for him.  It's Richter clinging to the window and licking his eyeballs.  It's knowing just how fucked everything is, and not caring

It's "Queen Gogira", aka "Jimmy Walnuts" smashing your testicles with a hammer because your cable bill is late again.  It's Squiddy dancing around in your skin.  It's Stella kicking you in the face and taking your lunch money.  Again.  It's Cain vomiting rum out of that big fucking ferris wheel they have in London. 

It's Smilin' George Bush, saying that if you're not fer us, yer agin us.  It's America watching that with a straight face.  It's Obama smiling while HE fucks you the same way GEORGE did.

If you came here looking for silly-ass hippie shit, you're in the wrong place.  That's the Facebook Discordians.  We're the fuckers who tell jokes about shit decent people won't even bring up.

Now, fuck off.

It's all this, and MORE!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Quote from: purplejellybeansarecool12 on May 06, 2014, 01:51:48 AM
I'm doing an assignment based on Eris the Goddess of Chaos and would like to know: what is discordianism, how it started, how it has an effect on todays society and what is the best thing about being a discordianism. Thank you

The NSW Department of Education and Communities sets assignments on Discordians now, does it?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on May 06, 2014, 07:06:03 AM

The NSW Department of Education and Communities sets assignments on Discordians now, does it?

How nice to know we've had such an impact!

Junkenstein

So you're asking others to essentially write this for you.

This isn't a problem, I have rates for this. What's the billing address?
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

WHAT'S THE BEST THING ABOUT BEING A DISCORDIANISM