News:

Also, i dont think discordia attracts any more sociopaths than say, atheism or satanism.

Main Menu

a

Started by no name, January 19, 2010, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

no name

a
a

The Good Reverend Roger

Why start a new religion when we can just absorb him into this one?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:11:09 PM
i like the idea of a pantheon but i guess that could work. i just feel like discordianism has gotten a bit stale and needs something new.

Sorry we aren't interesting enough for you.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 19, 2010, 05:24:49 PM
Worshipping a god of sarcasm?

Oh yeah, great idea.

DAMMIT, LMNO, I WAS SETTING THAT JOKE UP!   :argh!:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:19:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 05:11:43 PM
Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:11:09 PM
i like the idea of a pantheon but i guess that could work. i just feel like discordianism has gotten a bit stale and needs something new.

Sorry we aren't interesting enough for you.

i think discordianism is extremely interesting... i also think that it needs another element. i was thinking of something along the lines of esoteric discordianism. you know like rosacrucians or the gnostics are to x tianity? another aspect.

Sure.  I think we should split the weirdo faction until we're all in our own personal religion, and completely incapable of accomplishing anything fun.

Also, and take this for what it's worth, showing up asking for people to join a religion is one thing, but then asking them to write your holy book is another.  I mean, would you really trust any of US to generate the texts for a god of sarcasm?

Really?

Because I can do so, at very reasonable rates.  I am, after all, a Holy Man™.  Do not question it.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:27:55 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 19, 2010, 05:24:49 PM
Worshipping a god of sarcasm?

Oh yeah, great idea.

exactly. most discordians are already momusites they just dont know it yet.

Other way around.

The Good Reverend Roger

LMNO

I don't worship Eris, why should I worship this Momus guy?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO on January 19, 2010, 05:35:13 PM

Come to think of it, Eris and her siblings really ARE the trailer trash of the Greek pantheon, aren't they?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:49:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 05:46:31 PM

Come to think of it, Eris and her siblings really ARE the trailer trash of the Greek pantheon, aren't they?

why because theres like 50 of em and no father?

And because they're complete shits.  I mean, come on...Eris caused the first dark age because she didn't get invited to a party.  Did she go after the guilty party?  No, she punished uninvolved people who couldn't punish her back. 

Come to think of it, the whole Greek Pantheon is composed of shitheads.  When Zeus raped some random shepherdess, did Hera punish him?  No, she destroyed the victim.

What an utterly corrupt and depraved culture, to have dreamed up Gods such as those.  Worse than the Abramaic religions, if you ask me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:59:47 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 05:55:14 PM
Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:49:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 05:46:31 PM

why because theres like 50 of em and no father?

And because they're complete shits.  I mean, come on...Eris caused the first dark age because she didn't get invited to a party.  Did she go after the guilty party?  No, she punished uninvolved people who couldn't punish her back. 

Come to think of it, the whole Greek Pantheon is composed of shitheads.  When Zeus raped some random shepherdess, did Hera punish him?  No, she destroyed the victim.

What an utterly corrupt and depraved culture, to have dreamed up Gods such as those.  Worse than the Abramaic religions, if you ask me.

haha! nice... its true. but i guess it was a way of rationalizing the bad things in life... blame it on some twisted diety that suffers no repercussions.

Sure they do.  We stopped worshipping them, and they all starved to death.  We just prop up Eris' decomposing carcass as a generic excuse for being asshats.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: WikipediaMomus or Momos (μῶμος) was in Greek mythology the god of satire, mockery, censure, writers, poets; a spirit of evil-spirited blame and unfair criticism.

Sounds like the perfect candidate for modern re-interpretation (read: take part of the idea and run with it off a cliff). The historical interpretation (if Wikipedia is to be believed) makes him sound more like the patron deity of Glenn Beck.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cainad on January 19, 2010, 06:10:59 PM
Quote from: WikipediaMomus or Momos (μῶμος) was in Greek mythology the god of satire, mockery, censure, writers, poets; a spirit of evil-spirited blame and unfair criticism.

Sounds like the perfect candidate for modern re-interpretation (read: take part of the idea and run with it off a cliff). The historical interpretation (if Wikipedia is to be believed) makes him sound more like the patron deity of Glenn Beck.

:lulz: