News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Reviews... Bottom of the Barrel reviews...

Started by hooplala, July 06, 2012, 02:28:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telarus

Rex mentions "needles troubles"...

That was awesome.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

hooplala

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 31, 2012, 07:46:40 AM
Quote from: Hoopla on July 31, 2012, 06:58:11 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 30, 2012, 05:11:04 PM
Hey Hoopla! I just watched your first vid about the ZOMBIES and it was great! Very entertaining, and WAY better than watching the original movie I am sure.

I think I even like this better than your previous rant style video blogs, you got talent for comedic timing man! Also, really well done on all the cuts and such, keeps the pace in, makes it more polished and pro.

And I could tell you're Canadian when you said "only one way in or oot" in the bit about hiding in the dumpster. I learned that from How I met your mother.

Now I'm going to watch the second one. Keep it up!

Sooooo I DO say "oot", I always wondered!!  Shee-it. I really didn't think I did... accents are funny.

Thanks Trip! 

Here's one more, about Howard the Duck:  http://blip.tv/rexbologna/rex-bologna-reviews-howard-the-duck-6281155

I don't follow celebrity drama, what is that guy's "legal issues?"

Also, your idiot, inept lawyer made me :lulz:

He was caught taking photos of 14 year old guys in various states of undress.

And thanks Telarus!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Salty

It is too bad about Jones, he was funny.

Kinda ruined Mom and Dad Save the World for me. Which, you know, otherwise is a superb piece of cinema.

These are great! I really liked the court thingy, mostly because you dyed your beard. Such commitment.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

hooplala

Or is my beard ALWAYS grey, and I dye it the other color?  Duh duh DUH...

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 31, 2012, 07:46:40 AM
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 30, 2012, 05:11:04 PM
Hey Hoopla! I just watched your first vid about the ZOMBIES and it was great! Very entertaining, and WAY better than watching the original movie I am sure.

I think I even like this better than your previous rant style video blogs, you got talent for comedic timing man! Also, really well done on all the cuts and such, keeps the pace in, makes it more polished and pro.

And I could tell you're Canadian when you said "only one way in or oot" in the bit about hiding in the dumpster. I learned that from How I met your mother.

Now I'm going to watch the second one. Keep it up!

Sooooo I DO say "oot", I always wondered!!  Shee-it. I really didn't think I did... accents are funny.

Thanks Trip! 

Here's one more, about Howard the Duck:  http://blip.tv/rexbologna/rex-bologna-reviews-howard-the-duck-6281155

I don't follow celebrity drama, what is that guy's "legal issues?"

Also, your idiot, inept lawyer made me :lulz:

I gotta google that!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

QuoteHere's one more, about Howard the Duck:  http://blip.tv/rexbologna/rex-bologna-reviews-howard-the-duck-6281155

Cool, will watch later on!

Oh and the one about the two girls on Times Square was hilarious as well and then I followed the link to the blog of whatshername that did a cameo and wasted a load of time on her Dr Who reviews that actually made me doubt the awesome of David Tennant for a bit ...
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

hooplala

Diamanda Hagan is fucking amazing... I am thrilled something I did lead someone to her work.  And yeah, me too about Tennant...

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Oh - meant point out earlier, if you look closely at the reflections in the defenders glasses... it's Eris.

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

hooplala

Much like the city of Paris, I took August off... but whether you like it or not, I am back.  And I brought awful movies with me...

http://blip.tv/rexbologna/rex-bologna-reviews-coffy-6336654

(many thanks to Nigel for help with quality control!)

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I really hope it turns out to be actual help, and not "help".  :lol:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 05, 2012, 07:37:50 PM
I really hope it turns out to be actual help, and not "help".  :lol:

Well, I don't personally think there is anything truly offensive in the review, so if someone does think so... they genuinely disagree with my POV, and maybe I will learn something.  Not the worst thing that could come out of these review thingies... and I didn't expect you to "speak" for a group of people... I simply respect your opinion and wanted to know whether there was anything you found dodgy, you didn't... I was lucky enough to catch you on meds.  Booya!

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mangrove

Dear Rex Bologna,

I enjoyed your analysis of of 'Times Square'.

There's a genre that is sadly under reported and overlooked - 1960-70s Biker Chick movies. I think you will enjoy works like "Angel's Wild Women".

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0068211/

Mangrove
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

hooplala

Thanks Mang! 

I've been looking for something from the 60s actually, I will look that movie up!

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman

Mangrove

Quote from: Hoopla on September 13, 2012, 09:03:32 PM
Thanks Mang! 

I've been looking for something from the 60s actually, I will look that movie up!

It's horrible. Really horrible. And I only know that because I used to own it  :lol:
What makes it so? Making it so is what makes it so.

hooplala

Hey hey to anyone who reads this post....  in an upcoming review I am going to be reading some fictional letters I have received, I would like to use real names for the people writing to me... anyone up for their name being read aloud in a video watched by almost nobody???  Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

"Do I contradict myself?
— Walt Whitman