News:

The End of the World is Coming, and YOU MAY DIE

Main Menu

sensor can detect GHB in spiked drinks.

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 12, 2011, 11:43:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pope Pixie Pickle

Triple Zero

I thought roofies was GHB? Different substance then? (... wiki ...) Ah, roofies is rohypnol, makes sense.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Anna Mae Bollocks

"...will instantly detect the presence of a drug such as GHB, ketamine, or Rohypnol."

Bases covered. At least until somebody invents a new date rape drug it doesn't detect.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Then it has to become like a virus scanner, updatable to test the latest drugs. Of course, so far I've been totally fine by just never letting my drink out of my sight, and always going to the bar with any new person who wants to buy me a drink.

Once when I was in my early 20's I was out dancing, and this old (probably about my age now, but he seemed so old then!) black guy freaked out on me and my friend because we left our drinks at the bar and went out on the floor and then came back to them... he was like "What the hell! NEVER leave your drink alone and then come back and drink it! Some sleazebag could have put something in it!" and then he made us throw out our drinks and had the bartender bring us new ones. He was all "don't take your eyes off it until it's in your hands." Then he lectured us about it for about half an hour, and told us to take our drinks to the bathroom if we needed to. 
:lulz:
I assume that he was a dad and identified our stupid young asses with his daughter. I never forgot that and always take my drink with me.

BUT

It would be nice if there were other methods for making sure, especially if you're out on a second or third date with someone, or out with a boss or co-workers who you should be able to trust to guard your drink.

It's a pretty fucked-up world.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Whangarei, where I used to live, has some pretty serious drink-spikers.
It's common practice in cases where a girl realises she has left her drink unattended for her male companions to buy her a new one and drink from the potentially drugged glass. Often this results in their being too sick to attend work the next day and losing a day's pay for the cost of a drink.

But they're MOAR GENTLEMANLY for it, so it's okay.

This test will ruin their only opportunity to be gentlemen. I hope you're all happy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 22, 2011, 08:20:39 AM
It's common practice in cases where a girl realises she has left her drink unattended for her male companions to buy her a new one and drink from the potentially drugged glass. Often this results in their being too sick to attend work the next day and losing a day's pay for the cost of a drink.

This test will ruin their only opportunity to be gentlemen. I hope you're all happy.

Yes, I suspect we all are.

And that the gentlemans will find a way to prove their gentlemansly ways that might not involve hampering their own well-being.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Pæs

Quote from: Nigel on August 22, 2011, 08:45:38 AM
Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 22, 2011, 08:20:39 AM

Yes, I suspect we all are.

And that the gentlemans will find a way to prove their gentlemansly ways that might not involve hampering their own well-being.
I doubt these gentlemans will :(
It took them a while to scheme this scheme and I don't think they've got any more in 'em.