News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

a

Started by no name, January 19, 2010, 05:07:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NotPublished

In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.

Daego

Kinda funny when you ask questions you get shit on for calling whatever this is a religion, but come up with a half-baked idea about more mythology everyone jumps on the bandwagon......

Now,  where's that copy of the Sims...
Not Impressed, FuX uR peE

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Daego on January 22, 2010, 07:09:07 PM
Kinda funny when you ask questions you get shit on for calling whatever this is a religion, but come up with a half-baked idea about more mythology everyone jumps on the bandwagon......

It is a religion.  Don't let any of these spags tell you different.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 05:55:14 PM
Quote from: no name on January 19, 2010, 05:49:05 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 19, 2010, 05:46:31 PM
Quote from: LMNO on January 19, 2010, 05:35:13 PM
I don't worship Eris, why should I worship this Momus guy?

Come to think of it, Eris and her siblings really ARE the trailer trash of the Greek pantheon, aren't they?

why because theres like 50 of em and no father?

And because they're complete shits.  I mean, come on...Eris caused the first dark age because she didn't get invited to a party.  Did she go after the guilty party?  No, she punished uninvolved people who couldn't punish her back. 

Come to think of it, the whole Greek Pantheon is composed of shitheads.  When Zeus raped some random shepherdess, did Hera punish him?  No, she destroyed the victim.

What an utterly corrupt and depraved culture, to have dreamed up Gods such as those.  Worse than the Abramaic religions, if you ask me.

Poor Eris did not cause the Trojan war. That is a lie set up by the selfish and egotistical goddesses that DID start the war.

Eris was simply dropping off a gift to the happy couple. She wasn't invited so she just dropped it off with the name on the gift tag. Everyone knows that the Bride is ALWAYS 'the prettiest one' at any wedding. It was those bitch goddesses Athena, Aphrodite and Hera that screwed those poor saps.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

LMNO

Quote from: Daego on January 22, 2010, 07:09:07 PM

Now,  where's that copy of the Sims...

:troll:

Requia ☣

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 22, 2010, 07:15:47 PM

Come to think of it, Eris and her siblings really ARE the trailer trash of the Greek pantheon, aren't they?

And because they're complete shits.  I mean, come on...Eris caused the first dark age because she didn't get invited to a party.  Did she go after the guilty party?  No, she punished uninvolved people who couldn't punish her back. 

Come to think of it, the whole Greek Pantheon is composed of shitheads.  When Zeus raped some random shepherdess, did Hera punish him?  No, she destroyed the victim.

What an utterly corrupt and depraved culture, to have dreamed up Gods such as those.  Worse than the Abramaic religions, if you ask me.

Poor Eris did not cause the Trojan war. That is a lie set up by the selfish and egotistical goddesses that DID start the war.

Eris was simply dropping off a gift to the happy couple. She wasn't invited so she just dropped it off with the name on the gift tag. Everyone knows that the Bride is ALWAYS 'the prettiest one' at any wedding. It was those bitch goddesses Athena, Aphrodite and Hera that screwed those poor saps.

It was Paris's fault for asking for Helen to love him.

And Aphrodite, for actually giving it to him.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 22, 2010, 08:20:40 PM

It was Paris's fault for asking for Helen to love him.

And Aphrodite, for actually giving it to him.

Well in that case it was Helen's fault for wearing all those 'fuckme' peplos and that gaudy jewelry.

2/3rd of Greek Mythological women deserved it.

The Good Reverend Roger

And Eris didn't see the results coming?

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Greek Gods are traditionally considered to be gifted with foresight far greater than that of mortals.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2010, 08:29:36 PM

And Eris didn't see the results coming?

Of course not, she was entirely innocent of these terrible and fraudulent charges. The entire thing was nothing more than an orchestrated character assassination.

A good Discordian never starts the fire, sure we night gather up some wood and kindling, find a can of gasoline and leave it in the "Somking' area outside of the building... but we would never start the fire.

Hrmmm, I'm starting to like this Momus guy. Maybe we need a Momus emoticon.

Requia ☣

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2010, 08:32:31 PM
Greek Gods are traditionally considered to be gifted with foresight far greater than that of mortals.

So Hera, Aphrodite and (hell, especially, wisdom and all that) Athena knew exactly what they were causing.  The apple was more important to them.
Inflatable dolls are not recognized flotation devices.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 22, 2010, 08:50:36 PM

So Hera, Aphrodite and (hell, especially, wisdom and all that) Athena knew exactly what they were causing.  The apple was more important to them.

Like I said, the Greek Gods were a collection of shitstains.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 22, 2010, 09:03:36 PM
Quote from: Requia ☣ on January 22, 2010, 08:50:36 PM

Like I said, the Greek Gods were a collection of shitstains.

Yep, just like all those other Gods. Shitstains one and all... Though what do you expect from a bunch of people that were eaten by their dad as children? That's like child molestation on a whole new level... its no wonder they were fucked up.

"Daddy touched me in a bad place."
"Where, with what?"
"Everywhere, with his stomach lining!"

Cain

Thats what I love about the Greek Gods though.  They are the perfect representations of what would happen if the average person in the street was given the power of a God and immortality.  Zeus fucks anything that moves and throws his enemies in a prison beneath the earth, Hermes steals not only everything not nailed down, but also the nails of things that are nailed down, Hera is the archetypal Queen Bee, Dionysus is the god of stoners and ravers and Apollo is totally the aloof jerkass artist-genius.

NotPublished

You get that with people without powers, possibly even worse
In Soviet Russia, sins died for Jesus.