News:

Don't get me wrong, I greatly appreciate the fact that you're at least putting effort into sincerely arguing your points. It's an argument I've enjoyed having. It's just that your points are wrong and your reasons for thinking they're right are stupid.

Main Menu

Good article that details exactly why the bitcoin is a pyramid scheme

Started by Faust, April 09, 2013, 02:28:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Oh I'm so glad to know Bitcoin is as crooked as it is stupid. It reaffirms my larger worldview, especially considering the FEAR the Fed has about it, if my Internets read accurate.

Which is to say, why would anyone be afraid of something so foolish? And obviously flawed? And just...just stupid.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on April 09, 2013, 07:22:48 PM
Oh I'm so glad to know Bitcoin is as crooked as it is stupid. It reaffirms my larger worldview, especially considering the FEAR the Fed has about it, if my Internets read accurate.

Which is to say, why would anyone be afraid of something so foolish? And obviously flawed? And just...just stupid.

How many things do people fear that have a rational basis for that fear?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2013, 07:25:42 PM

That's a good point.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Alty on April 09, 2013, 07:30:21 PM

That's a good point.

There's about 30 million people shitting themselves in terror because Gay people might get to marry.

WHERE IN THE FUCK IS THE THREAT IN THAT?

Oh, yeah.  To their ideologies.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Elder Iptuous

why, quite a few things, actually.  due to my time on this board, i am quite afraid of your fair city, and feel that it is rationally justified.

Salty

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 09, 2013, 07:31:21 PM
Quote from: Alty on April 09, 2013, 07:30:21 PM

That's a good point.

There's about 30 million people shitting themselves in terror because Gay people might get to marry.

WHERE IN THE FUCK IS THE THREAT IN THAT?

Oh, yeah.  To their ideologies.

Yeah, but do you think the Fed is actually worried about Bit coin more than, say, any other band of nerds with or without guns? The fear is supposed to be for us alone.

It hit me real hard recently, just how deep they give you the fear. And just how deeply it is fabricated.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 09, 2013, 07:33:56 PM

why, quite a few things, actually.  due to my time on this board, i am quite afraid of your fair city, and feel that it is rationally justified.

I didn't say NO fears had a rational basis.

But there's no need to fear Tucson.  It loves you, and it wants you to come and live forever.

Elder Iptuous

well, it's not specifically the city that i fear.  it's just that i have heard tales of  a yeti living there capable of defecating incredible volumes, and has venereal diseases which are so vicious that they wrangle the local ostriches into great herds and ride them rip-shod around town.  and they have a particular penchant for running down anyone from TX that may be in town.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 09, 2013, 07:42:29 PM
well, it's not specifically the city that i fear.  it's just that i have heard tales of  a yeti living there capable of defecating incredible volumes, and has venereal diseases which are so vicious that they wrangle the local ostriches into great herds and ride them rip-shod around town.  and they have a particular penchant for running down anyone from TX that may be in town.

Historically speaking, Tucson goes to Texas when that's necessary.   :lulz:

Elder Iptuous

it would please me if you gave me a heads up next time this were to occur.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 09, 2013, 07:46:29 PM
it would please me if you gave me a heads up next time this were to occur.

Sure.  But I mostly get sent to Houston and San Antonio.

Dallas is far too cool for a business trip.

Elder Iptuous

:?
as in 'too hip', or 'doesn't get enough 110 degree days in a row'?
i can assure you those are both innacurate.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on April 09, 2013, 07:51:39 PM
:?
as in 'too hip', or 'doesn't get enough 110 degree days in a row'?
i can assure you those are both innacurate.

Too hip, when compared to Houston.  Or Westlake, LA.  Or Goddamn Pittsburg.

Elder Iptuous

The Good Reverend Roger