News:

Yeah, fuckface! Get ready to be beaten down. Grrr! Internet ain't so safe now is it motherfucker! Shit just got real! Bam!

Main Menu

Windows 9.

Started by EK WAFFLR, October 01, 2014, 12:53:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Faust

Quote from: V3X on October 02, 2014, 02:38:23 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on October 02, 2014, 11:14:17 AM
Desktop might not be dead but it is pissing blood and prone to bouts of memory loss and uncontrollable shaking. M$ core business is server and has been for decades. I'm pretty sure most of the last decade or so OS releases have been trolling people who insist on still buying desktops

Except Server 2012 also ditched the start menu and forces sysadmins to use that awful metro UI. Microsoft has their heads so far up their asses they can see Microsoft Bob.

Yeah, Serv2012 is no fun. I have to access a client one via teamviewer and when I need to get to the metro view it means slowly inching my mouse towards the edge of the window until the icon appears which is incredibly easy to overshoot.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Pæs

I have seen a surprisingly reasonable justification for why they used 10 instead of 9 being that a buttload of software checks your windows version and if it starts with "Windows 9" it decides you're on Windows 98 or Windows 95 and adjusts its functionality accordingly.

Of course, they could just have the OS return "Windows Nine" or similar to identify it uniquely...

Telarus

Quote from: Pæs on October 03, 2014, 07:04:45 AM
I have seen a surprisingly reasonable justification for why they used 10 instead of 9 being that a buttload of software checks your windows version and if it starts with "Windows 9" it decides you're on Windows 98 or Windows 95 and adjusts its functionality accordingly.

Of course, they could just have the OS return "Windows Nine" or similar to identify it uniquely...

Saw that too. Lol'd.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Faust on October 02, 2014, 03:29:43 PM
Quote from: V3X on October 02, 2014, 02:38:23 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on October 02, 2014, 11:14:17 AM
Desktop might not be dead but it is pissing blood and prone to bouts of memory loss and uncontrollable shaking. M$ core business is server and has been for decades. I'm pretty sure most of the last decade or so OS releases have been trolling people who insist on still buying desktops

Except Server 2012 also ditched the start menu and forces sysadmins to use that awful metro UI. Microsoft has their heads so far up their asses they can see Microsoft Bob.

Yeah, Serv2012 is no fun. I have to access a client one via teamviewer and when I need to get to the metro view it means slowly inching my mouse towards the edge of the window until the icon appears which is incredibly easy to overshoot.

Same goes for virtualization.  I end up just installing classic start because 2012 still has some useful new features

minuspace

hirley0

1:50 ?> Never mind it has returned | Weird day ^
Anyway my FTP to eg&b is not connecting any clues ?/?
Poor K?

Quote from: LuciferX on October 05, 2014, 09:41:17 AM
Nein, vindoze, nein!

Faust

Quote from: hirley0 on October 05, 2014, 10:45:20 AM
1:50 ?> Never mind it has returned | Weird day ^
Anyway my FTP to eg&b is not connecting any clues ?/?
Poor K?

Quote from: LuciferX on October 05, 2014, 09:41:17 AM
Nein, vindoze, nein!

I was changing some of the FTP permissions to set up a folder redirection, sorry I must have locked you out. I'll have a look at sorting it out this evening.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

hirley0

4:05:08 am pdt shold be 2:56:?? {Maybe

trying to get the minute # = second # is not easy
especially across a broad spectrum