News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Carlos Castaneda

Started by Weselina, June 11, 2004, 08:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

archPope Rocket P Llama

I love this about Discordianism: The general area of culture/knowledge/literature we all end up in.

Discordianism leads to RAW, who mentions the whole donJuan thing in Cosmic Trigger. RAW also leads to Jung, Bucky Fuller, Tim Leary, Quantum Physics, James Joyce, and Crowley. Not to mention Disinfo.com.

Disinfo.com leads to more RAW, Genesis P-Orridge and throbbing gristle, MORE Crowley and Chaos Magick in general, Howard Bloom, etc.

HP Lovecraft works his way into there through various means. I was into Lovecraft before Discordianism, but I'm sure if I hadnt been Illuminatus would have got me interested.

It's just this big fucking web of ideas that you get jacked into!
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
-Bastard Children of Andy Warhol Cabal-(BCOAW)
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

chaosgraves:agentoferis

Quote from: RocketLlamaI love this about Discordianism: The general area of culture/knowledge/literature we all end up in.

Discordianism leads to RAW, who mentions the whole donJuan thing in Cosmic Trigger. RAW also leads to Jung, Bucky Fuller, Tim Leary, Quantum Physics, James Joyce, and Crowley. Not to mention Disinfo.com.

Disinfo.com leads to more RAW, Genesis P-Orridge and throbbing gristle, MORE Crowley and Chaos Magick in general, Howard Bloom, etc.

HP Lovecraft works his way into there through various means. I was into Lovecraft before Discordianism, but I'm sure if I hadnt been Illuminatus would have got me interested.

you haven't got to william s. yet?!?!?

dude!
Constitution?!?!? Isn't that a D&D stat.

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis
Quote from: RocketLlamaI love this about Discordianism: The general area of culture/knowledge/literature we all end up in.

dude!

Now his mind is blown for certain.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

archPope Rocket P Llama

Quote from: St. Hugh, KSC
Quote from: chaosgraves:agentoferis

dude!

Now his mind is blown for certain.

I forgot dear ole William Rectal Mucous Burroughs. I was into him before discordianism. I found HIM by way of David Bowie I think it was.
His Empirical Majesty archPope Rocket P. Llama, King of the Jews, GTKoRO, aka RevRev. Tokeval D. Kroenik KHG
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Ye gods! Mr. Burroughs!
WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Bella

David Bowie! :P

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

archPope Rocket P Llama

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomDavid Bowie! :P

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE indeed! Hail Saint David!
"Buck buck buck BCOAW"

Bella

Hail, indeed!

Bowie's a Saint and a Prophet of Eris.
just like in a dream

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

Quote from: SssBella, Oracle of DoomHail, indeed!

Bowie's a Saint and a Prophet of Eris.

And A Holey Squid Battler!

Weselina

I have just finished next book of Castaneda "Second Ring of Power". Pity I couldn't have read all books in right order (it was 5th in serie) but again I'm amazed. In this book Castaneda comes back from the abyss and becomes a Nagual. At least this is what think all his camerades. Next for me is Art of Dreaming :)
always look on the bright side of life...

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Now, the question is:

Did Thornley, Greg Hill, RA Wilson, William S. B., Tim Leary, J.R. Dobbs, Ivan Stang, Hikem Bey (an important one most people seem to forget) and those involved in both, The Society for the Investigation of Claims of The Normal, as well as members of the Gurrilea Ontology group, work together to build this entire web of information, creating self-referential material?

I put forth the hypothesis that all of these individuals acted as a sort of feedback loop, which Eris used to increase the level of chaotic thinking and destructive evolution of philosophy. Perhaps, we could even find the first bits that she used to seed the loop... I vote Crowley and Lovecraft.

If this is true, then perhaps the rise of Discordianism/Erisianism is aligned with the rise of Ra-Hoor-Kuit who as Horus Crowley claimed, rules the Age in which we live.

Or not.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Horab Fibslager

we lived in an unbalnced balnced age of bureacracy. self reference is not only inevitable, it's incredibly common. especially when you throw in appendices and indices.
Hell is other people.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Another possibility:

Crowley used copious amounts of Marijuana, 'shrooms and Auyahuasca.

Thornley, Hill, Leary, RAW, Burroughs, and Hikem Bey all used copious amounts of Marijuana, 'shrooms and LSD.

Is it possible that Leary's theory of the 8 systems of consciousness is right? He thought that some types of drugs acted as neurotransmitters which engaged these higher levels.

If all these guys tripped, some of them probably together, could they have tapped into the next level of consciousness? Perhaps the one that humanity will eventually evolve into....

Or maybe if Crowley had done LSD, he'd have become an acid-head and drpooed out of the OTO.

Bella

That's a really interesting theory.
I worked for a woman who knew Dr Leary and she thought he was correct about drugs acting as neurotransmitters.

PS: Can you tell me what Auyahuasca is, please?
just like in a dream

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Auyahuasca also known as Yage' is a drink made from a number of plants in the South American jungle. Usually it requires at least two different plants, one containing dimethyltryptimine (DMT) and the other containing an MAOI.

The Yage vine, Mimosa Hostillis Root Bark, various grasses all contain DMT, quite possibly the strongest hallucinatory drug known to man (with the exception of Salvia Divinorium, which is really difficult to use properly). However, the body quickly builds up a tolerance to DMT. so drinking a tea with DMT in it is useless. That is, unless you have another plant in the tea that contains an MAOI (MAO Inhibitor). When these to drugs are combined and consumed, you enter a world of different realities.

Most people who drink this particular concoction, find themselves watching a movie between them and reality. They see reality all areound them, but superimposed over that is another reality.

Today, many people take DMT in another fashion. They will extract it by freebase chemisty from the plant matter. This creates a yellowish crystal which can be smoked. After about three hits, the voyager no longer sees reality at all and usually find themselves folowing the same sort of trip that others have. Many times they see gnomes/faries/elves. In fact crytsalized DMT is sometimes called Elfspice.

The song written by Sid Barrett about the Little Gnome, is often thought to have been inspired by a DMT trip after all, as he sings... "The Gnomes Have Found A New Way To Say Hooray". This trip usually lasts 20 minutes or less and as Leary put it,

"It lasted for a million years and for a split-second. But it's over and now it's your turn."

Good stuff, of course highly illegal and I would never do anything illegal.

Ratatosk, Squirrel of Discord