News:

Feel my amazing brain. Go on, touch it!

Main Menu

Open Bar: Funnier Than White People Practicing Voodoo

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 09, 2014, 03:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Unrelated to everything, my last final was this morning (not next Monday as I'd thought) and I just submitted my last piece of homework.

I AM FREEEEE!!! SUMMER BREAK WOOOOOOOOO!!!

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

hooplala

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 11:20:54 PM
Unrelated to everything, my last final was this morning (not next Monday as I'd thought) and I just submitted my last piece of homework.

Congrats Nigel!
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

minuspace

Nephew Twiddleton

Party time, motherfuckers!
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Gonna grab a 6-pack of cider and head across town to watch the X-men movie.

Already got an email from my Sensation and Perception professor warning me it's a hard class. :lulz: Whatever dog, I don't have to think about it for two more weeks.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

Jurassic Park will never get old. 21 years old and still holding it's weight as far as films go.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 07:57:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 10, 2014, 07:23:56 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 10, 2014, 07:21:56 PM
LMNO - Please insert appropriate Monty Python reference here.

Sigh.

Quote from: The Suu on June 10, 2014, 07:11:11 PM
Quote from: Sita on June 10, 2014, 06:56:58 PM
School's only been out a week and I'm already counting the days for it to start again.
I like my solitude, I like having quiet for most of the day. I miss it.
August needs to hurry up and get here.

At least you're home with your kids. Both of my parents worked, so my brother and sister went to day camp and I stayed at home alone and had to clean the house until my brother was old enough to be home with me. I hated it. By the time my sister was old enough, I was working too. Good times.

You.  Lucky.  Bastard.   I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

I lived in a cardboard box and my parents bashed my teeth in with a brick every morning, and BY GOD I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IT.

I was born, and still living in Texas.

Ben Shapiro

Quote from: The Right Reverend Nigel on June 10, 2014, 09:56:52 PM
It's that wonderful time of year when financial aid glitches start raising their ugly little heads.  :lulz:

Hahhahaha My wife was yelling all last week about that.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Quote from: Pæs on June 10, 2014, 09:46:34 PM
Pre-settlement inspection on the house we've bought today. Then on Friday we get the keys.

Yay, Paes! Congrats. :) Remember : Avoid holes in the load-bearing walls, all the others are free game.
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Cardinal Pizza Deliverance.

Yay!! Enjoy your respite. You have most definitely earned it. :)
Weevil-Infested Badfun Wrongsex Referee From The 9th Earth
Slick and Deranged Wombat of Manhood Questioning
Hulking Dormouse of Lust and DESPAIR™
Gatling Geyser of Rainbow AIDS

"The only way we can ever change anything is to look in the mirror and find no enemy." - Akala  'Find No Enemy'.

Nephew Twiddleton

Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: The Suu on June 11, 2014, 01:38:37 AM
Jurassic Park will never get old. 21 years old and still holding it's weight as far as films go.

I found that's true of Raiders of the Lost Ark too, a little while ago. I hadn't seen it in a long time (after watching it probably 100 times as a child, which taught me valuable life lessons like "Nazis are for melting") and insisted that my friend see it. As I inserted the miraculously-preserved VHS tape, I briefly worried that it might not hold up to my nostalgia. Then the first scene happened and my worries were obliterated.

Cainad (dec.)

Also, Hoopla, I am reminded of one of the newsfeed items:

"You're miserable, edgy, and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com"

(but seriously I hope you feel better soon)

Suu

Doctor's appointment tomorrow afternoon for my first physical since college mark I when I could afford such luxuries. I'm wondering what I may or may not have contracted in that time frame. Because the odds of me being in perfect health outside of my asthma and allergies that I've had since I was 3 seem slim.

I wonder if I have the diabeetus yet. I should also get my eyes checked, since it's all on the DoD's dime now, and therefore, taxpayer's dime. Which is kind of hysterical when you think about it. People bitch and moan about the concept of single payer healthcare, meanwhile every service member and their families are covered to the brim by Tricare, because support them troops and all that. THANKS OBAMA.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: George Edger Dingleburry on June 11, 2014, 01:45:12 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on June 10, 2014, 07:57:05 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on June 10, 2014, 07:23:56 PM
Quote from: Junkenstein on June 10, 2014, 07:21:56 PM
LMNO - Please insert appropriate Monty Python reference here.

Sigh.

Quote from: The Suu on June 10, 2014, 07:11:11 PM
Quote from: Sita on June 10, 2014, 06:56:58 PM
School's only been out a week and I'm already counting the days for it to start again.
I like my solitude, I like having quiet for most of the day. I miss it.
August needs to hurry up and get here.

At least you're home with your kids. Both of my parents worked, so my brother and sister went to day camp and I stayed at home alone and had to clean the house until my brother was old enough to be home with me. I hated it. By the time my sister was old enough, I was working too. Good times.

You.  Lucky.  Bastard.   I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night half an hour before I went to bed, drink a cup of sulphuric acid, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad and our mother would kill us and dance about on our graves singing Hallelujah.

I lived in a cardboard box and my parents bashed my teeth in with a brick every morning, and BY GOD I WAS GRATEFUL FOR IT.

I was born, and still living in Texas.

:horrormirth: You win.