News:

Several times a month, I will be in a store aisle reaching for something and feel a hand going up the inside of my thigh. When I turn around to find myself alone with a woman, and ask her if she would prefer me to hold still so she can get a better feel for the situation, oftentimes she will act "shocked" claiming nothing had happened, it must be somebody else...

Main Menu

I have a question for you...

Started by The seer, December 11, 2005, 03:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The seer

It has multiple ways of being asked. Bear in mind they are all the same question, not different. Let me repeat that: bear in mind that they are all the same question, not different. And again: bear in mind that they are all the same question, not different.

If angels can fall, may devils rise?
Are all patterns of thought inborn or learned?
If you believe you are right, then everything you say is right?
Can a lepoard change its spots?
Is there any redemption?
Is nobility defined or inborn?

Malaul

Coito ergo sum
O! Plus! Perge! Aio! Hui! Hem!
"You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a white guy, the best golfer is a black guy,the tallest guy in the NBA is Chinese, the Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the U.S. of arrogance, Germany doesn't want to go to war, and the three most powerful men in America are named Bush, Dick, and Colon.  --Comedian Chris Rock

LHX

Quote from: Malaulanything is possible

true

and everything that can be done will be done

in short:
1. yes
2. both
3. no
4. yes
5. yes
6. subjective

funny the same question look different from different aspects
neat hell

Zurtok Khan

Quote from: The seerIt has multiple ways of being asked. Bear in mind they are all the same question, not different. Let me repeat that: bear in mind that they are all the same question, not different. And again: bear in mind that they are all the same question, not different.

Is there any redemption?

First:  Your attempt to be mystical or enlightened is absurd.  Please, don't try again.  It will produce worse results next time you try it.

Second: you're asking US about angels and devils?  Why do we care about make believe creatures?

Third:  Why are you attempting to dabble in useless generalities.  There are many thought patterns that are learned, and there are many that you are born with.  Trying to make it an all or nothing proposition is absurd.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

The seer

Thankyou zurtok for missing the entire point.

I was attempting to sketch out a metaphor from multiple perspectives. I'm so happy you didn't understand that. Here's a map and a flashlight, please endeavour to find your ass with them.

Zurtok Khan

Aww, look, the little piss-ant n00b is trying to step.

He's so cute.

And, I did not miss the point.  I simply think the point you're trying to make is utterly retarded.  And, not in an endearing Downs Syndrome sort of way.

More like one of the people who will never leave their wheelchair because their so shriveled and contorted that they can walk, and they have *maybe* the abilities of a 2month old baby.
Resistance is Fertile.

Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more.
-Mark Twain

I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
-Mark Twain

hooplala

I don't agree.   I like the question.

And the answer is YES.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

East Coast Hustle

also, it should probably be noted that The Seer was here WAY before Zurtok even knew who Eris was. He is one of the OPs in the truest sense of the word.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Bella

just like in a dream
you'll open your mouth to scream
and you won't make a sound

you can't believe your eyes
you can't believe your ears
you can't believe your friends
you can't believe you're here

Shibboleet The Annihilator

Zurtok, time to put another quarter in your ass.

Once again, yuo have played yuorself.

Thank you for entertaining us.

P.S. This post was better than any of Zurtok's shit I've read, which isn't saying much... So I'll also say that it was pretty good but I can't be bothered to think up any answers right now.. Back to studying statistics! Mmmm... Statistics..

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The seer

Is there any redemption?

1.  Nope.  Redemption is a hideous lie.

2.  99% are hardwired into our little monkey brains.

3.  Well, duh.  I AM a God, after all.

4.  I haven't seen it occur...

5.  See #1.

6.  It doesn't exist.

I hope this helped.

TGRR,
Being his usual "ray of sunlight" self.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The seerThankyou zurtok for missing the entire point.

I was attempting to sketch out a metaphor from multiple perspectives. I'm so happy you didn't understand that. Here's a map and a flashlight, please endeavour to find your ass with them.

Maybe it was you.

Just saying.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustlealso, it should probably be noted that The Seer was here WAY before Zurtok even knew who Eris was. He is one of the OPs in the truest sense of the word.

Since when is seniority a criterion for rants?

Not that I'm going to read back and actually read all this again but from what I can recall nobody said it was.