News:

PD.com: We occur at random among your children.

Main Menu

Jake Day

Started by Cramulus, August 03, 2009, 03:53:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Triple Zero

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 12, 2009, 03:29:36 PM
spreading far and wide:
http://twitter.com/tripzilch/statuses/3265979057

track clicks via http://bit.ly/info/JakeDay09

W00T this is going pretty well, 189 clicks, and at least 15 mentions (though I'm sure I saw some more come by from complete strangers in my feed)

I also asked DangerousMeme (interesting-link-posting, hip-with-discordianism guy with 20,000 followers) to mention the URL, which he has scheduled to do at the 23rd itself. He wants to use the line "Senator Harry Reid is an Agent of Greyface" which is slightly out of line with the exposure/non-exposure "rules" mentioned on the BIP Wiki page, but I suppose just doing it at the 23rd makes up for that, and reaching an audience of 20,000 weirdos might give it that last-minute boost right?

BUT in order for this prank to go through most properly, we should have some standard letters on the wiki right? So that people that want to participate but lack inspiration still can make a minimal effort and join. Maybe some Word .DOC files would be good with a few pointers on how to make some quick personalisations (getting a load of identical messages, while funny, is less awesome than getting quirky weird stuff).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Triple Zero on August 17, 2009, 03:48:49 PMMaybe some Word .DOC files would be good with a few pointers on how to make some quick personalisations (getting a load of identical messages, while funny, is less awesome than getting quirky weird stuff).
Themed/random letter generator in php, outputting .doc templates? I played about with random generators a while back, here's a old one (c)1987 which tries to do national-enquirer style headlines:

$ ./spew 20
Space Alien, stoned on Angel Dust, Mutilates Forty-Eight Polish Dentists.
Dentist Sees Face Of Batman In a Tangerine.
Student Sees Face Of Yogi Bear In a Watermelon.
"I Chopped My Accountant To Death With a Meat Cleaver" -- Unemployed Chemist.
"I Am The Reincarnation of Queen Victoria", Reveals Madonna.
"Burt Reynolds is the Father Of My Child", Claims Devoted Bee.
Maggie Trudeau Gives birth to Ten Daughters.
-- Joan Rivers Reveals All.
"I spoke to Marilyn Monroe through a Banana" Claims Leopard.
Johnny Carson and Cher Seen Together in Dr. Who's Tardis. "Is It Love?".
Eating Apples Can Give You AIDS, Say American Psychiatrists.
Eating Oranges Can Give You Herpes, Insist Japanese Psychiatrists.
Liz Taylor Tells Of Night Of Terror With Richard Nixon. "He Threatened Me With a Meat Cleaver".
"Does The Tooth Fairy Exist?" Spanish Doctors Offer New Evidence.
"I Am The Reincarnation of George Washington", Insists Ronald Reagan.
"I Am The Reincarnation of Abraham Lincoln", Claims John Davidson.
"Extra-Terrestrials From Mars Gave Me Flu" Insists Princess Diana.
Student's Bizarre Claim: "Soviet AI Experts Planted Mind Control Device In My Head".
Computer Scientists Discover Madonna Was Married to Moses in Previous Life.
"Frank Sinatra Is Addicted to Angel Dust".
-- Exclusive Pictures Inside.
"Elvis Died From Eating Plums", Reveals Jane Fonda.
-- Mexican Physicians Offer Undeniable Proof.
It was quite easy to modify as I recall, and you can make it less weird easily by modifying the categories, although the random generator code seems a bit off here.

Cainad (dec.)

Question:

If, hypothetically, I had several sheets of stationary and envelopes with the return address already printed on that say "Office of the Dean" for my school, and I sent out Jake Day letters using these, would it be:

a) funny
b) hilarious
c) dickballs

?

Cramulus

Captain Utopia

Quote from: Cainad on August 17, 2009, 04:29:42 PM
Question:

If, hypothetically, I had several sheets of stationary and envelopes with the return address already printed on that say "Office of the Dean" for my school, and I sent out Jake Day letters using these, would it be:

a) funny
b) hilarious
c) dickballs

?
Though, if the same target receives more than one such letters, it might be more obvious that it was a jake?

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: fictionpuss on August 17, 2009, 04:31:55 PM
Quote from: Cainad on August 17, 2009, 04:29:42 PM
Question:

a) funny
b) hilarious
c) dickballs

?
Though, if the same target receives more than one such letters, it might be more obvious that it was a jake?

True. Is this desirable or undesirable?

I'm probably not creative enough to come up with more than one letter, anyway.