News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Tennessee getting ready to throw poor students under the bus.

Started by Bruno, April 04, 2013, 08:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:45:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:43:20 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:40:35 PM
Awww, dude, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I know PD doesn't agree with itself constantly...it wouldnt be a discordian forum if it were all about concordant opinion.

And to be honest, man, you won equally as well as I did. I've been exposed to new view points, had a good long slugfest on the internet, and pissed out some stress by waging a good debate violent argument. I've absorbed some inkling of idealism from you guys, so other than the incessant annoyance I may be posing, the whole exercise should be seen as positive...

I wrote the shit out of a thread to respond to you.  You didn't even read it, and ran straight to appeal to ridicule.

Fuck you.  Right in the earhole.  I will never take you seriously again.

Good day, sir.

I stopped taking you seriously six months ago after reading your material on totse...

Totse has been down for years, and my material was never there.

Totse2, though?  That explains everything.  Have fun sucking Fang's dick, DEC14.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Junkenstein

Awww, dude, I was just trying to lighten the mood. I know PD doesn't agree with itself constantly...it wouldnt be a discordian forum if it were all about concordant opinion.

And to be honest, man, you won equally as well as I did. I've been exposed to new view points, had a good long slugfest on the internet, and pissed out some stress by waging a good debate violent argument. I've absorbed some inkling of idealism from you guys, so other than the incessant annoyance I may be posing, the whole exercise should be seen as positive...

I wrote the shit out of a thread to respond to you.  You didn't even read it, and ran straight to appeal to ridicule.

Good day, sir.

I stopped taking you seriously six months ago after reading your material on totse...

I note again a lack of reply to my fine points. You could have just SHUT UP and READ SOME SHIT and you might have actually learned something.

Now fuck off Troll.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

navkat

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:33:59 PM
Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:31:43 PM
In other words, I'm not worried about the company losing interest in me because I work in a job that has high demand

Clearly.  It's in such high demand that you get $9.50/hour for it.

Well done, O hero of the marketplace!

This is the crux of what we're trying to show you here. You say you work in a "high-demand" position. I don't refute that yet because I, myself work in a "high-demand" field and get paid just over squat.

So what's driving our wages? What determines our buying power? It certainly isn't that I failed to "get off my ass, get and education and some experience and work hard."

Let me tell you about me: I'm a US Navy Veteran. I've worked since I was 14 or 15 and had to get a "working card" to be allowed. Before I left for the Navy, I was an assistant manager of a retail establishment because I'd worked hard enough to earn my way up. When I got out, I worked in the Financial District in NYC, just steps from the NYSE. Then, I went on to work various Executive-Level Assistant positions and Office Managerial positions.

I have found, over the years, the wages offered for my skills dropping lower and lower. Not just staying stagnant but dropping. I'm a smart girl so I went back to school.

I work in EMS. It's a field that requires a college education. Non-degreed at my current level but I'm moving on to the degreed, Paramedic level. I am an Advanced EMT. It is the middle-rank in EMS--not the bottom. I make $10/hour.

I make ten dollars an hour in an industry where people are getting FAT at the top of the food chain. My people have a very integral hand in keeping the dollar-signs flowing for equipment and supplies that cost between 400-900% more than it does for the same shit in other countries where my peers have more buying power.

So what's broken here? Is it me? Am I just not bright enough or educated enough or motivated enough?

Something else is driving this shit. It ain't you and it ain't me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: navkat: navkat of...navkat! on April 08, 2013, 09:49:22 PM
In other words, I'm not worried about the company losing interest in me because I work in a job that has high demand

This is the crux of what we're trying to show you here. You say you work in a "high-demand" position. I don't refute that yet because I, myself work in a "high-demand" field and get paid just over squat.

So what's driving our wages? What determines our buying power? It certainly isn't that I failed to "get off my ass, get and education and some experience and work hard."

Let me tell you about me: I'm a US Navy Veteran. I've worked since I was 14 or 15 and had to get a "working card" to be allowed. Before I left for the Navy, I was an assistant manager of a retail establishment because I'd worked hard enough to earn my way up. When I got out, I worked in the Financial District in NYC, just steps from the NYSE. Then, I went on to work various Executive-Level Assistant positions and Office Managerial positions.

I have found, over the years, the wages offered for my skills dropping lower and lower. Not just staying stagnant but dropping. I'm a smart girl so I went back to school.

I work in EMS. It's a field that requires a college education. Non-degreed at my current level but I'm moving on to the degreed, Paramedic level. I am an Advanced EMT. It is the middle-rank in EMS--not the bottom. I make $10/hour.

I make ten dollars an hour in an industry where people are getting FAT at the top of the food chain. My people have a very integral hand in keeping the dollar-signs flowing for equipment and supplies that cost between 400-900% more than it does for the same shit in other countries where my peers have more buying power.

So what's broken here? Is it me? Am I just not bright enough or educated enough or motivated enough?

PLEASE NOTE:

You are typing out long responses to DEC14.

Just so you know.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Junkenstein on April 08, 2013, 09:48:58 PM

Good day, sir.

I note again a lack of reply to my fine points. You could have just SHUT UP and READ SOME SHIT and you might have actually learned something.

Now fuck off Troll.

You are talking to DEC14.  You are giving him precisely what he is after.

I'm going to run his IP tonight.  Then one of his two accounts goes away.

von

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on April 08, 2013, 09:50:23 PM

PLEASE NOTE:

You are typing out long responses to DEC14.

Just so you know.

I don't actually know who that even is. Perhaps looking into my post history, registration date, etc could dispell this notion that I'm some sock puppet of some old nemesis of yours...or not.

von

I agree with you...wholly...

Pope Pixie Pickle

interestingly I are doing a vid for my friend's transgender awareness project on being cisgender.

As in non-trans.

As in there being an opposite to gay, being straight.

Didn't I plot a crappy graph about that in one of the threads that kicked this off?

I'm kind of looking forward to  helping her with her project, because she came out as trans* to me recently and i've known her for 10+ years. I'm also considering  helping with a few things that as a cis person I don't have to worry about that a trans person does.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Von Zwietracht on April 08, 2013, 09:53:04 PM
I don't actually know who that even is. Perhaps looking into my post history, registration date, etc could dispell this notion that I'm some sock puppet of some old nemesis of yours...or not.

Too late now, guy.  You jumped the shark with the Totse comment.

navkat

The Good Reverend Roger

Thread is now arsebiscuits. 

Have fun being trolled.

TGRR,
Out

Pergamos

Quote from: Pixie on April 08, 2013, 09:58:49 PM
interestingly I are doing a vid for my friend's transgender awareness project on being cisgender.

As in non-trans.

Didn't I plot a crappy graph about that in one of the threads that kicked this off?

I'm kind of looking forward to  helping her with her project, because she came out as trans* to me recently and i've known her for 10+ years. I'm also considering  helping with a few things that as a cis person I don't have to worry about that a trans person does.

What's with putting an asterix after the word trans?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pergamos on April 08, 2013, 10:06:51 PM
Quote from: Pixie on April 08, 2013, 09:58:49 PM

As in non-trans.

What's with putting an asterix after the word trans?

The jargon has to change every once in a while, so you can tell who the noobs are. 

That's my guess, anyway.