News:

if the thee off of you are revel in the fact you ds a discordant suck it's dick and praise it's agenda? guess what bit-chit's not. hat I in fact . do you really think it'd theshare about shit, hen you should indeed tare-take if the frontage that you're into. do you really think it's the hardcore shite of the left thy t? you're little f/cking girls parackind abbot in tituts. FUCK YOU. you're latecomers, and you 're folks who don't f/cking get it. plez challenge me.

Main Menu

Suu's Thread-Jack

Started by Suu, August 27, 2007, 05:17:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

I'm making Viking Age Norse garb for myself, FINALLY. It will be an apron dress and a short sleeve tunic dress for underneath. They most likely didn't wear short sleeves since the areas in which the Norse occupied are rather chilly, but this is for hot summer events in New England. I do have long sleeve tunic dresses already too that I can use to layer for when it's cooler out.

I always found it funny that we know more about what the Norse wore because of Viking settlements that have been so well preserved than we do later centuries in mainland Europe.

The green will be the tunic and the orange the apron-dress. I already did the festoon with the typical green Roman glass beads that Norse women thought were so pretty, and some natural stone beads as well.

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Suu

I should probably point out that my brooches are more Saxon than Norse, but I'm going for more of the Danish style dress anyway and since the groups liked to kill each other a lot, I'm sure good Viking husband bring home shiny present for wife. Much like my torc that Richter made me. Shiny present from dead Gaul.

I also have more Party-Saxon garb in the works. More horrific plaid peplos fun for trolling around Pennsic on a hot day! Hooray for Saxon violence!

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Suu

The apron dress is done!

I need a real camera and a new dressform!

I took the last one before I did the yellow topstitching. VIKING WOMAN SAYS FUCK PANTS.

Suu

ZOMG FINISHED (OR IS IT FINNISHED? HAHA!).

Again, I doubt short sleeves were period for anyone in the Norse culture, but they also didn't have swampy ass Cape Cod to deal with in June or Western Pennsylvania in August. Plus I already have a long sleeve tunic dress. It's not trimmed, but it works.

You'll notice that the gores on the dress are brown and not green...I fucked up cutting.  :lulz: So I did the most period thing, and that was throw in whatever fabric I had.

Suu

IT'S NOT A COSTUME!

http://www.burdastyle.com/patterns/sabrina

What a pain in the ass...

Oh look, fabric.

Suu

Getting there...

Front so far:

Back so far:

Sir Squid Diddimus

Jenne

Suu

And done.

I'll get pics of me wearing it on Saturday night.  :mrgreen:

Jenne

Suu

From under the piles of Royal Guard robes, I will emerge victorious! Beyond the years of steam and into the years of diesel, depression and pulp!

Patterns are authentic from the 1930s. To work with my oxfords and blonde Marcel wave wig.

Oh yes, Margo Lane, here I come!

Suu

Also:

I'm the Costume Cabaret Coordinator at the Steampunk World's Fair now.

...And I'm a probable workmanship judge at Arisia.

I'm putting all of this shit on my resume.

Suu

Back to Constantinople...

Oh Byzantium, why do you call to me so? So exotic and elegant in your simplicity...

WAT.

:walken:

Suu

I haven't updated this in a LONG. ASS. TIME.

But here is my IndieGogo.
http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/help-support-angband/x/1583287

I'm not expecting you spags to pitch in, though last time LMNO and Cain helped with my book. (I still have Alphapance's stuff because I never got an address, and I figured I'll see him in Boston eventually.) Just share it around the intarwebs please. I should start posting pics of my apocalypse dalmatica since I'm going to start beading it. Again.