News:

If they treat education like a product, they can't very well bitch when you act like a consumer.

Main Menu

Political forum discussion and planning

Started by Cain, April 26, 2012, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

This looks great! When it's up and running I will spread the link around, I think a lot of people will be interested in this.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Thanks, please do.  As previously mentioned, the more members we get, the more subtopics I'll feel comfortable giving forums to - and I really want to put in some more forums.

I'm going to work for a bit on a Recommendations bit about posting on the site, and a personal bit about what I'd like to see the site do and the direction I want it to go in....and then I just need to tweak a few pieces and it'll be ready for business.

hirley0

Quote from: Nigel on May 02, 2012, 04:13:43 PM
This looks great! When it's up and running I will spread the link around, I think a lot of people will be interested in this.

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2012, 04:18:31 PM
Thanks, please do.  As previously mentioned, the more members we get, the more subtopics I'll feel comfortable giving forums to - and I really want to put in some more forums.

I'm going to work for a bit on a Recommendations bit about posting on the site, and a personal bit about what I'd like to see the site do and the direction I want it to go in....and then I just need to tweak a few pieces and it'll be ready for business.

Cain

Forum put on hold while we figure out how to convert the database to UTF-8

hirley0

8:46:47.am tbd Reply #79: Today at 08:45:00 AM

Freeky

Those rules look good, Cain.  Nicely done. :)

Cain

We're having some...rather unusual technical difficulties, which means things might be delayed for a few days.

Basically, if I try and copy something from Word 2010 and paste it into the post box, when I actually post it, it only posts everything up to the first apostrophe...and then it cuts everything else off.

Alty is looking at it, but if our more technical members could weigh in on the issue, it would be appreciated.

The Johnny

maybe use notepad? cause word always has that invisible code distortion when copy pasting
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Chairman Risus

Cain

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on May 02, 2012, 07:04:08 PM
maybe use notepad? cause word always has that invisible code distortion when copy pasting

Notepad does it too.  Also doesn't solve the problem.  I cant do it, means others cant either.  Meaning less chance of someone being able to participate who wants to.

Triple Zero

Quote from: Cain on May 02, 2012, 06:34:29 PM
We're having some...rather unusual technical difficulties, which means things might be delayed for a few days.

Basically, if I try and copy something from Word 2010 and paste it into the post box, when I actually post it, it only posts everything up to the first apostrophe...and then it cuts everything else off.

Alty is looking at it, but if our more technical members could weigh in on the issue, it would be appreciated.

Alty PMd me, and I sent a reply to both you and him. I won't have time to really look into it until tomorrow evening, then I can try to reproduce the problem for myself to figure out what's going on and what to do about it (so if you could send me that Word file, or a similar one that also has the problem--my email's in that PM).
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Salty

I will keep at it. One option to consider is reinstalling the SMF software or using a different kind.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

Ok. After giving the matter some thought I think the most prudent course of action, especially give the weirdness of this problem, is to:

1. Wipe the current installation and making sure that everything is well and truly cleared.
2. Reload SMF
3. Test like a motherfucker before anything else, everything we can think of doing.
4. If something fails continue to look for a fix or simply opt for different software.

Thoughts?

Cain

Agreed.  I've forwaded on the relevant information to Tripzip, but he cannot do anything until tomorrow evening.  Reinstall first, then if it persists, see if Trip has any ideas, then, worst comes to worst, consider other options

I'd rather keep SMF if we can, as it is normally excellent software, so switching should really be the final option

Salty

Ok. I should have that done sometime over the next few hours.