News:

You have [3] new messages in your inbox

Main Menu

Disco Calendar 3176/2010

Started by the other anonymous, April 06, 2009, 12:08:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Triple Zero

Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

um just a question but why is a bad webcam shot of my hair included with all the art and people dressed as eris ? :lulz:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

yeah TOA come back! i want my head out of the calendar!!!

AFK

Perhaps swap it with the Meghan McCain pic.  Seems fitting. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

the other anonymous

Quote from: Fredtastic! on October 16, 2009, 12:53:32 AM

Done. Re-download.

-toa,
the cat came back the very next day...

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: the other anonymous on October 17, 2009, 09:18:52 PM
Quote from: Fredtastic! on October 16, 2009, 12:53:32 AM

Done. Re-download.

-toa,
the cat came back the very next day...

YAYYY Thanks TOA! Did you add Circlemas? It is all I ask. I will bribe you, even.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh wait, I just cottoned on that this is the page-a-day calendar and not the wall calendar. It's glorious, but I NEED a wall calendar with the holydays and whatnot in it, and I need to be able to spend actual money on it from Lulu or some other print service.

Anyone doing this? I would but I don't know how.

I really think someone should do a "Girls of Discordia" wall calendar with a bunch of chicks dressed as their interpretation of Eris.

the other anonymous

Quote from: Nigel on October 17, 2009, 10:18:01 PM
Oh wait, I just cottoned on that this is the page-a-day calendar and not the wall calendar. It's glorious, but I NEED a wall calendar with the holydays and whatnot in it, and I need to be able to spend actual money on it from Lulu or some other print service.

I really think someone should do a "Girls of Discordia" wall calendar with a bunch of chicks dressed as their interpretation of Eris.

I'll see what I can do. I'm a bit reluctant to include non-canonical holydays, since most of them seem to be 1) drug-related (20 Bcy), 2) based on the Gregorian Calendar (Pi Day in March, not Confusion), 3) excuses to harass people (Jake Day), 4) replacements for other religion's holydays, or 5) uninspired attempts at "zaniness".

-toa,
knows a "guys of discordia" will only get me banned...

Fredfredly ⊂(◉‿◉)つ

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: the other anonymous on October 19, 2009, 08:47:21 PM

I'll see what I can do. I'm a bit reluctant to include non-canonical holydays, since most of them seem to be 1) drug-related (20 Bcy), 2) based on the Gregorian Calendar (Pi Day in March, not Confusion), 3) excuses to harass people (Jake Day), 4) replacements for other religion's holydays, or 5) uninspired attempts at "zaniness".

-toa,

The only one I care about is Circlemas. I'll pay you.

the other anonymous

Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2009, 09:59:53 PM

-toa,

Paying isn't necessary, but I would like to know why it's so important.

-toa,
all triangle's eve?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: the other anonymous on October 19, 2009, 10:25:00 PM
Quote from: Nigel on October 19, 2009, 09:59:53 PM

-toa,

Paying isn't necessary, but I would like to know why it's so important.

-toa,
all triangle's eve?

It is important because of completely frivolous reasons, which are that I met this genius artist/freak who is obsessed with circles, and who was disappointed that there is no Discordian holyday, not even one of the non-canonical ones, on his birthday on the calendar that someone here did last year. I don't remember who did that one or I would ask them if they would do it again for 2010. Anyway, his birthday is December 23.

Also, because Circlemas is a holyday that it would actually be easy, family-friendly, and fun to celebrate, and even already has carols and whatnot. See this thread: http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=21853.0

The people who do the Discordian pop-up calendar for Mac say they will add it next time they do an update.

I am in love and he is breaking my heart, and I want to leave a mark on his life that he won't ever forget. It is such a small thing, to help me leave such a mark.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love the idea of All Triangle's Eve, and it ties in very nicely to something I've heard going around, which is that if triangles could talk, God would be a triangle. I don't really know what that means, but apparently quite a few people do because I keep hearing it.

the other anonymous

Charles de Secondat, Baron de Montesquieu
"If triangles had a god, he would have three sides."
[Lettres Persanes, no 59]

Okay. I see "impress some guy" is not on my list. It's in.

-toa,
matchmaker