News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

"You're a bad child and that's concentrated evil coming out the back of you."

Started by 3D3N, January 21, 2009, 12:51:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: LMNO on January 22, 2009, 04:10:03 PM
What can I say?

Sometimes it's hard to pop a cap in Buddha's ass.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Well, I think that it became easier the more I reread his stuff... The first time I was convinced he was laying down truth and fact and just trying to hide it with maybes... Anymore, I think he was trying to talk about ideas and used CRAZY metaphors/models to explain the idea so people wouldn't believe the map. But then again, I also sometimes think he was a smart guy that knew what a particular niche market wanted to read.

- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

fomenter

i always enjoyed the crazy maps and the references inside of references inside of references that he used in his writing. i  thought he did it in an attempt to make the reader aware of the map and force them to read his stuff from a meta perspective..

"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Fomenter on January 22, 2009, 04:34:22 PM
i always enjoyed the crazy maps and the references inside of references inside of references that he used in his writing. i  thought he did it in an attempt to make the reader aware of the map and force them to read his stuff from a meta perspective..

I agree... sometimes ;-)

Sometimes, I'm pretty sure he was fucking with the reader.

fomenter

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 22, 2009, 04:45:32 PM
Quote from: Fomenter on January 22, 2009, 04:34:22 PM

I agree... sometimes ;-)

Sometimes, I'm pretty sure he was fucking with the reader.
without a doubt

meta perspective and "bullshit detector on" have a few similarities..
"So she says to me, do you wanna be a BAD boy? And I say YEAH baby YEAH! Surf's up space ponies! I'm makin' gravy... Without the lumps. HAAA-ha-ha-ha!"

hmroogp

Cain

Quote from: Ratatosk on January 22, 2009, 04:20:02 PM
But then again, I also sometimes think he was a smart guy that knew what a particular niche market wanted to read.

Dolaras LaPicho has argued this point in particular before.  She believes what RAW (and several others, such as Hyatt etc) promoted was a "small businessman magus" persona.  In part, what they did essentially ended up being moderately successful authors and speakers with a devoted fanbase.  And perhaps their work will only get you that far as well.

But that is an argument for another time.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2009, 04:52:16 PM
But then again, I also sometimes think he was a smart guy that knew what a particular niche market wanted to read.

Dolaras LaPicho has argued this point in particular before.  She believes what RAW (and several others, such as Hyatt etc) promoted was a "small businessman magus" persona.  In part, what they did essentially ended up being moderately successful authors and speakers with a devoted fanbase.  And perhaps their work will only get you that far as well.

I recall an interview where someone asked RAW what he was focused on now... obviously expecting some comment about immortality, UFO's, the Illuminati etc... and instead Bob went off about how he was focused on making some money from a couple new books and his lecture tour.

I was like this:  :lulz:

Bu🤠ns

Quote from: Cain on January 22, 2009, 04:52:16 PM

I kinda felt that way when reading The Psychopath's Bible.  It's like Hyatt wasn't even trying anymore.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: 3D3N on January 21, 2009, 12:51:53 AM
Being concerned with certain occult readings, I'd like to skim off the top and boil down right to the heart and soul of right and wrong. Or in fact, the heart and soul's Right and Wrong.

IF IT HAS TO BE HIDDEN FROM YOUR OWN PEERS, IT'S FUCKING WRONG.

THAT'S ALL YE KNOW, AND ALL YE NEED KNOW.

THE REST OF THAT SHIT YOU POSTED IS ANGSTY BULLSHIT, AND IS ALSO WRONG.  YOU SHOULD BE FED INTO A CHIPPER FOR WASTING EVERYONE'S TIME.

There.  Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go tell the Dalia Lama to fuck off.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pope Lecherous on January 22, 2009, 07:10:32 AM
When i ponder questions such as right or wrong, it often leads me to hypotheticals regarding who i would or wouldnt kill in a given circumstance in regard to accomplishing a certain goal. 

AKIDA KIM?  IS THAT YUO?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.